The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why wouldn't he?  He's the same as Bedard.  Born and raised in BC and played in Langley before going to Minnesota...

And coming here would likely put him straight into the NHL.  We have Hughes and lots of openings on D. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

True, but look at teams that do win.  They often have one really good D (who they drafted) and then make smart trades and signings to build out the rest of their group.  We have Hughes.  We need to use Gillis like greatness to bring in the rest of the D. 

Colorado traded for Toews, Girard and Manson.  That's 50% of their D.  We can do the same.  Joni Jurmo and Petey D are gonna be players, so hopefully they come over soon...

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm just saying, just because a player is born in BC doesn't mean they'd want to come home to play. 

We've had some BC born player who were hall of famers, and they never want to come home to play, Sakic, Yzerman, Kariya to name a few. 

Those guys were never drafted by Vancouver and never had a chance to come back home.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm just saying, just because a player is born in BC doesn't mean they'd want to come home to play. 

We've had some BC born player who were hall of famers, and they never want to come home to play, Sakic, Yzerman, Kariya to name a few. 

That's true.  Plus some people are making a point of saying today that no players are going to want to sign here in the near future.

Just now, Captain Canuck #12 said:

That's true.  Plus some people are making a point of saying today that no players are going to want to sign here in the near future.

That's the media hype for you.  The parasites have been talking a good talk lately.  No wonder Burke hates the Vancouver media.  JR even said in the press conference that he knows alot that has not come out and that he was talking to guys that would have wanted to come here.  Don't believe what all of the parasites say.  Their job is to be negative as that is what sells papers and gets clicks.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Colorado traded for Toews, Girard and Manson.  That's 50% of their D.  We can do the same.  Joni Jurmo and Petey D are gonna be players, so hopefully they come over soon...

I think your doppelgänger is going to be a player too.  

TBay won those two recent Cups with only Hedman as the D they drafted.  The other guys who played were either traded for or signed as UFAs.  Hell!  They got Sergachev for Drouin!  Habs :picard:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I think your doppelgänger is going to be a player too.  

TBay won those two recent Cups with only Hedman as the D they drafted.  The other guys who played were either traded for or signed as UFAs.  Hell!  They got Sergachev for Drouin!  Habs :picard:

This is true.  i forgot about that.  I think they got Cernak for Bishop who flopped after he was traded. 

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That's the media hype for you.  The parasites have been talking a good talk lately.  No wonder Burke hates the Vancouver media.  JR even said in the press conference that he knows alot that has not come out and that he was talking to guys that would have wanted to come here.  Don't believe what all of the parasites say.  Their job is to be negative as that is what sells papers and gets clicks.

Unfortunately, at least one former player is sayin' the same thing today: https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/who-would-want-to-be-a-vancouver-canuck-right-now

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Those guys were never drafted by Vancouver and never had a chance to come back home.

I thought Sakic did? He was a UFA wasn't he? pursued by the Rangers at the time. 

I mean, you could say the same thing with Livingstone as well. We didn't draft him either, and he'd have the entire league at his choice. Look at the dysfunction at the organization right now. Does he want to come to an organization that's not settled, and has instability, even if he had the opportunity? It wouldn't be easy for him either, because I'd have to assume that Rutherford and Allvin would have to bring in competition for that defensive corps for next season. 

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I thought Sakic did? He was a UFA wasn't he? pursued by the Rangers at the time. 

I mean, you could say the same thing with Livingstone as well. We didn't draft him either, and he'd have the entire league at his choice. Look at the dysfunction at the organization right now. Does he want to come to an organization that's not settled, and has instability, even if he had the opportunity? It wouldn't be easy for him either, because I'd have to assume that Rutherford and Allvin would have to bring in competition for that defensive corps for next season. 

We only have one D, Hughes.  Livingston will have an excellent chance to make the big club and grow with a young club.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Livingstone plays the one position where we have a major need.  I think he is smart enough to understand this.  The organization may look dysfunctional to us fans based on the parasites in the media pushing their narrative, but I am sure that alot of actual hockey people don't feel the same way.  For all of the talk of JR and how everyone wants him to get out of Vancouver, he is a hall of famer and does have alot of respect around the league.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • There it is 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Livingstone plays the one position where we have a major need.  I think he is smart enough to understand this.  The organization may look dysfunctional to us fans based on the parasites in the media pushing their narrative, but I am sure that alot of actual hockey people don't feel the same way.  For all of the talk of JR and how everyone wants him to get out of Vancouver, he is a hall of famer and does have alot of respect around the league.

Guess we'll see where he lands. I'd be happy if he comes here, but I'm not holding out hope that he chooses the Canucks over other NHL clubs. 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Was just looking back in this thread…on Thursday or Friday someone on Twitter said it was down to 4 teams, DET, BOS, SEA and one more, and was really hinting at SEA.

Detroit, Winnipeg, Boston, and Seattle...  interesting.  

If Boston sustains an injury to one of their forwards, I could see them making a big splash.  Otherwise, it may not be worth it for them to ruin the chemistry that they have going on.  They're having a historic season.  

I would put money on Detroit, Winnipeg, or Seattle.  

Detroit would need to be in the playoff hunt to pull the trigger.  

Winnipeg might pivot to Horvat in order to prepare for the eventual departure of Pierre Luc Dubois.  I actually think that JT Miller would be a better trade fit with Winnipeg, but that's another topic.  

Seattle would be a nice landing spot for both the team and the player.  Close to his home of the last 8 years, Seattle has the top AHL team and has a decent amount of prospects coming up from their first two drafts.  

Seattle currently has their own 1st round pick, 3 x 2nd round picks, and then 7 other picks in the last 5 rounds. Their return would be more draft pick heavy IMO, and I can't see them trading their brand new 4th overall pick in Shane Wright. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Detroit, Winnipeg, Boston, and Seattle...  interesting.  

If Boston sustains an injury to one of their forwards, I could see them making a big splash.  Otherwise, it may not be worth it for them to ruin the chemistry that they have going on.  They're having a historic season.  

I would put money on Detroit, Winnipeg, or Seattle.  

Detroit would need to be in the playoff hunt to pull the trigger.  

Winnipeg might pivot to Horvat in order to prepare for the eventual departure of Pierre Luc Dubois.  I actually think that JT Miller would be a better trade fit with Winnipeg, but that's another topic.  

Seattle would be a nice landing spot for both the team and the player.  Close to his home of the last 8 years, Seattle has the top AHL team and has a decent amount of prospects coming up from their first two drafts.  

Seattle currently has their own 1st round pick, 3 x 2nd round picks, and then 7 other picks in the last 5 rounds. Their return would be more draft pick heavy IMO, and I can't see them trading their brand new 4th overall pick in Shane Wright. 

Miller would definitely be more interesting to the Jets.  He’s signed long term so they don’t have to worry about keeping him.  

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Through Free Agency there was much talk back then offering for Sakic and Kariya but they chose not to come to Vancouver.

The Sakic talk was just that, talk.  He built a new life with his family in Denver.  He was never coming back to Vancouver.  As for Kariya, he was never the same after he left Anaheim.  I think he played for like 3 or 4 teams afterwards before he retired.  So even if he had come here it wouldn't have made much of a difference really.