The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What to do with Dickinson and Pearson ?

Rate this topic

deus.ex.makina

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

That off season after the bubble hurt us.  Tofu and Tanev were well liked, and really important on the ice too.  Hindsight is 20/20, but keeping Tanev and Tofu instead of bringing in Schmidt and re-upping Jake was a mistake.  

Jake was signed after Tofu and Tanev bolted.

On 12/11/2021 at 7:44 AM, deus.ex.makina said:

At the start of the season, with the roster we had, I’d penciled Pearson as a 3rd line winger and i really think its what he is. I was disappointed when i see him in top 6 again. Hope he will refind his game soon, but i still want him on 3rd. 

Dickinson was brought here to be the defensive 3C. He failed at C, he failed at 3rd. We can say he still a defensive guy because he s a absolutely not an offensive guy. But he s not that good at D tho.

Between the two i would be more patient with Pearson. Dickinson on the other hand... i really want to see if a package with him to SJ could work. I’m all for give a last chance to Kane. 

Dickinson has been really good on the wing in the last few games.  

Clean the slate, give him a fresh look tonight.  He is being given a matchup every night (usually the other team's best player) and being told to stick on him and hound him.  

Ignore Dickie in the offensive zone, that's not what we need/want out of him. 

19 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Neither one is likely to be going anywhere. I would be ok trading Pearson to shed some cap and get a defensive dman. But he has a ntc so will be here awhile. 

Only for this season, we can trade him to 24 other teams starting next year.  

Defensive defenseman like Jalen Chatfield?  ;)

16 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Dickinson has been really good on the wing in the last few games.  

Clean the slate, give him a fresh look tonight.  He is being given a matchup every night (usually the other team's best player) and being told to stick on him and hound him.  

Ignore Dickie in the offensive zone, that's not what we need/want out of him. 

Dicky in the Ozone is good, but he has hands like Beagle

Dick had as many hits last night as the rest of the season combined

I like his game, just not his hands