The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What to do with Dickinson and Pearson ?

Rate this topic

deus.ex.makina

Those guy are holding back their own lines,

Each time the Horvat and Miller lines stepped on the ice, it's like they miss a forward.

Don't tell me we re winning now, we're winning in dispite of the two. keep them and that will bites us hard in no time. 

i would put both of them on 4th and let them play 6mn a game until we find a danse partner to trade them. 

i would even trade one of them (both would be amazing) for 50% Kane. 

you can flame me, i'm in a good mood. 

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 6
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

Pearson is streaky but for sure has NHL skills.   Some of his goals are as good as anything EP and BB have managed - far side top corner.    When he's on he's on.   Dickinson is more of an unknown still for us ... maybe 18 is bad luck lol.   But at least Bruce has him off the dot and placing a round peg into a round hole. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

At the start of the season, with the roster we had, I’d penciled Pearson as a 3rd line winger and i really think its what he is. I was disappointed when i see him in top 6 again. Hope he will refind his game soon, but i still want him on 3rd. 

Dickinson was brought here to be the defensive 3C. He failed at C, he failed at 3rd. We can say he still a defensive guy because he s a absolutely not an offensive guy. But he s not that good at D tho.

Between the two i would be more patient with Pearson. Dickinson on the other hand... i really want to see if a package with him to SJ could work. I’m all for give a last chance to Kane. 

• Wat 1

21 minutes ago, Monteeun said:

What? U give up on Dickinson already but want to give kane a chance?

Fair enough, i may not be completely neutral. I was against Pearson re-signing, and completely against Dickinson signing. 
25+ games into the season my doubts are confirmed. 
i always like Kane (the player) so its easy for me to hope for this trade. 

Everyone can't be finesse players, you need some grinders that battle hard on the forecheck and create space for the pretty boys to do their thing. Pearson and Dickenson are just that, great forecheckers who can battle hard on the boards and get the puck to their linemates.

The Canucks are winning. I have especially been impressed with Dickenson on Bo's line, he has driven hard to the o-zone and made life hard for the defenders with some hard hits. Pearson as well, he works hard on the boards and can wear down the defense.

It's about having balance on the team 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Those guy are holding back their own lines,

Each time the Horvat and Miller lines stepped on the ice, it's like they miss a forward.

Don't tell me we re winning now, we're winning in dispite of the two. keep them and that will bites us hard in no time. 

i would put both of them on 4th and let them play 6mn a game until we find a danse partner to trade them. 

i would even trade one of them (both would be amazing) for 50% Kane. 

you can flame me, i'm in a good mood. 

I suspect that Boudreau doesn't want Dickinson at center since it's not a natural position for him, whereas having Miller, Horvat, and Petey down the middle gives us a big advantage down the middle.  Personally?  I would have tried the following lines:

Miller-Horvat-Boeser (or Hoglander)

Podkolzin-Pettersson-Garland

With Dickinson and Petey anchoring our 3rd line, but perhaps Boudreau feels that a 3rd line like that would be too weak.  

I was on canuckscorner last night and I also saw some criticisms of Pearson.   While I agree that both Dickinson and Pearson are a bit offensively challenged, I think their defensive games are pretty solid. Dickinson may have been a bit off last night but I've noticed him playing a lot better under Boudreau as well.  He was playing with some physicality in the LA and Boston games.  

2 hours ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Pearson needs to sharpen his skates, he will be ok, just a bad game yesterday.

I like Dickinson on Bo's wing.

I don't agree with your views 

SO glad Pearson is off Horvats line?? All the line changes Green never moved Pearson off that line...

I like Pearson at like 2,5 million he plays top 6 most night and should babe bottom 6 forward....

20 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Dickie was miscast as a 3C, so thats that for him being a Sutter replacement. But he looks decent on Bo's wing. He's not really a top 6 tho so I think he's the guy I'd be looking to move out in a package deal if Rutherford can somehow manage to clear some cap for us. 

Pearson is OK. He's paid OK. I don't see the need to get too worked up over him. 

They should trade Dickenson and pearson for defensive help. Also opens up cap space for us. They can bring up lockwood to replace dickenson.

2 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

At the start of the season, with the roster we had, I’d penciled Pearson as a 3rd line winger and i really think its what he is. I was disappointed when i see him in top 6 again. Hope he will refind his game soon, but i still want him on 3rd. 

Dickinson was brought here to be the defensive 3C. He failed at C, he failed at 3rd. We can say he still a defensive guy because he s a absolutely not an offensive guy. But he s not that good at D tho.

Between the two i would be more patient with Pearson. Dickinson on the other hand... i really want to see if a package with him to SJ could work. I’m all for give a last chance to Kane. 

Pearson is like Burrows,he has skills that complement the skill guys on his line. Not sure if he can reach Burrows highs though.

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

They should trade Dickenson and pearson for defensive help. Also opens up cap space for us. They can bring up lockwood to replace dickenson.

I'd actually like to see Lockwood in place of Chaisson.

We can't move Pearson this year (full NTC). 

16 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Dickinson has had his best games since the coaching change hes much better on the wing 

pearson is struggling with pts but i imagine his corsi is good 

Problem is Dickenson was brought here to be a 3rd line C, I guess Benning goofed up, trading for Dickenson. We have too many wingers at it is, I dont think we need Dickenson if he will be playing wing. Highmore could just as easily replace Dickenson on wing.