The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What to do with Dickinson and Pearson ?

Rate this topic

deus.ex.makina

Just now, JM_ said:

I'd actually like to see Lockwood in place of Chaisson.

We can't move Pearson this year (full NTC). 

Damn, cant believe Benning gave NTC to Pearson while he let Toffoli go. This is why Benning needed to be fired. Just terrible at signing the wrong players and then giving them NTC. I bet the custodian working game nights has an NTC too :picard:

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Damn, cant believe Benning gave NTC to Pearson while he let Toffoli go. This is why Benning needed to be fired. Just terrible at signing the wrong players and then giving them NTC. I bet the custodian working game nights has an NTC too :picard:

I didn't like the early extension for Pearson ether, I didn't get why it had to happen at that moment. Its not like he was a big risk to walk. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I didn't like the early extension for Pearson ether, I didn't get why it had to happen at that moment. Its not like he was a big risk to walk. 

One mistake to cover up a previous one.

It was reported that he made the signing because the locker room was on the verge of revolting if he didn't try to keep Pearson after losing Toffoli, Stetcher, Tanev, Markstrom. 

JB underestimated the impact of how those departures affected the culture of the locker room so he made this move as a reaction to that. Needless to say this contract was done for reasons outside of Pearson's contributions on the score sheet 

• Vintage 2

I have personally really like Dickinson's game so hard under BB. He's looked engaged, faster, and stronger on the puck. Being a defensive minded player, it almost seems like playing him on the wing and more offensively has allowed him to stop thinking so much about being good defensively. Almost like the opposite of what they are doing with Petey.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Pearson and Dickison should be the least of anyone's worries. 

Despite the 5-1 run the Canucks are on, they're still more of a pretender than a contender.  Take Demko out of equation and the problems Canucks have are still there.  Like Boudreau has said, the best players have to be the best players, and though they've been better the past week or so, they're still not where they need to be -- especially Pettersson.

I'd say give Boudreau a couple of weeks to beat the Travis Green out of the Canucks and we'll see a team trending in the right direction, and this angst over Pearson and Dickison will be all but a faint memory. 

Here's to hoping the Canucks can somehow miraculously come out of the honeymoon phase with Boudreau with a .500 record.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Pearson is solid, I like him a lot. The two biggest downsides to Dickinson is he's left handed and he can't win faceoffs. If only Virtanen wasn't a terrible human being, he'd look pretty solid behind Garland and Boeser playing 3rd line with Petey and Podkolzin instead of Gaudette and Rooster. But I digress, I am guessing Hogs and Pod will take over those top 2 LW spots once they develop more. But for the here and now Pearson and Dickinson are very much fine. So we just gotta be patient while our two youngest additions keep developing. We can live with Dickinson and Pearson for a couple more years, especially since they aren't terrible.

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Fair enough, i may not be completely neutral. I was against Pearson re-signing, and completely against Dickinson signing. 
25+ games into the season my doubts are confirmed. 
i always like Kane (the player) so its easy for me to hope for this trade. 

I wouldn't touch Kane with a 10 foot hockey stick. Faking his vaccination is the final straw in how toxic the guy is. I want team first players not self centered clowns.

I have no problem with Pearson at all. The guy just does so much well. He's not a high producer or flashy but he's a great support piece on Bo's line. Good at the forecheck, around the net, physical, solid defensively. I see him as the complimentary support piece that makes things easier for the other two on the line. I think what he brings to a line is highly underrated and he's worth the money. A good complimentary piece on the second line that would be an exceptional third line guy.

As to Dickenson give him some time under the new coach. He was very good in his role before he came here. Something I've questioned previously is why do guys perform well before coming here and suddenly seem not very good. Then move on and are suddenly good at their role again. I've questioned Green's systems for some time because of this. For me everytbody on the team has a clean slate and I'll wait to see how they do under 'The Bruce' over a 20 game span.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

They're

2 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Pearson, Poolman and a 4th for Evander Kane (50% retained)

---

Pool man hasnt been the guy we needed, Peason would do ok in the bottom 6 there

Pearson is okay but you want to trade him, a serviceable D-man AND a 4th for half a cancer?

Closing Arrested Development GIF

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Those guy are holding back their own lines,

Each time the Horvat and Miller lines stepped on the ice, it's like they miss a forward.

Don't tell me we re winning now, we're winning in dispite of the two. keep them and that will bites us hard in no time. 

i would put both of them on 4th and let them play 6mn a game until we find a danse partner to trade them. 

i would even trade one of them (both would be amazing) for 50% Kane. 

you can flame me, i'm in a good mood. 

Spoken like someone who spends too much time playing video game hockey.

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

They're

Pearson is okay but you want to trade him, a serviceable D-man AND a 4th for half a cancer?

Closing Arrested Development GIF

Yeah. I wouldn’t trade any roster player for Kane. 

Not doing the Sharks any favors. I’ll give them a 7th round pick for Kane and 50% salary retained. Deal.

13 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Dickinson is playing much better since Boudreau and Walker were hired... I think he can safely be left on that line for a while.

Pearson is fine... he is a solid player most of the time, can score and hit, he is a good fit with Horvat.

Pearson is playing with Miller-Boeser under Boudreau.