The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Feb 8th Coyotes Vs Canucks 7pm PST on SN

Rate this topic

86Viking

4 minutes ago, awalk said:

Ahh that makes much more sense. 

I think it's so that we can talk about how weird the kids from the next generation are, and vice-versa to make fun of how lame the idiots from the previous gen are ;)

We used to do that anyways without classifying. It’s just the way things are, we always think we are better than than the previous generation. Even if it’s ‘fake news’.

2 minutes ago, awalk said:

Hey look man, I think we can have some good discussion on here, but if you can't take people doing "hockey talk" that has a differing opinion than yours, and is not positive all the time, you probably need to find an echo chamber somewhere. I am very honest with where I think the team is, I think we have some great pieces: we have a franchise goalie, we have a potential franchise offensive D man, we have a struggling but potential elite #1 C, and we have a salt of the earth great captain Bo. We also have some excellent pieces in guys like Miller and Garland, some exciting young players like Hogz and Podz, and I am a huge fan of our new 4th line energy guys Highmore + Lamms with Motter (I was opposed to the Highmore trade and I was wrong).

But I also see a team that is outside the players, with very little prospect depth, that has traded 1st round picks in back to back years, is up against the cap, and has a very shallow D core that needs a great deal of improvement. There's a LOT of work that needs to be done to take us from "hey maybe we'll make the playoffs and see what happens" to, "the Vancouver Canucks are consistent Cup contenders year after year," which is what I want.

Fair answer. It’s all about opinions here. Ours differ, off to find my echo chamber....

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Damn you quickdraw. I don't know why I thought I could come here and post this tweet and be the first one to do it :lol:

Never fade Vintage Canuck, I have that written on my vision board.:towel:

Edited by awalk
  • Haha 4