The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, FaninMex said:

His setback was 2 pucks to the head if I am not mistaken. This has caused him lasting harm which he seems to now be recovering from. Correct me if I am wrong.

OJ seems to get injured if a fly farts.

i did not know that about Juulsen

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Dynamic? Absolutely. Best? At this point, yes. But that doesn't mean OEL's historical body of work should be overlooked, he's very capable of contributing offensively; and this team desperately needs offense from more than one D and we've seen very little of that this season. It's a problem. 

OEL takes the harder matchups, I'm of the opinion that Hughes needs to do more of that while sharing the offensive minutes a bit more. He's gotten better defensively this season, but if he wants to be a legitimate #1D he needs to eat more of those tough minutes. If he were to prove capable of that it'd balance our D a bit more. You need more than one pairing that can contribute offensively, more than one guy. It's not enough to put all your eggs in one basket, even if it's a spectacular basket. 

Management and the coaching staff need to find a way to improve our D, and to get more offense out of it. Because what we've gotten this season isn't good enough, and won't be good enough going forward. 

OEL has plenty of things Hughes can learn, no doubt.

Yup

It has definitely been a disservice to OEL that he and Myers have had to take all the tough matchups and hard minutes. 

For sure his offensive numbers would look better had things been spread out more evenly. 

That being said, our team has a better chance of winning with OEL and Myers taking on the top lines. I mean I would prefer that over having Hughes defend their top players.  Quinn has got a lot better defensively and he'll eventually get there but good thing OEL is on his final contract because yes, if this was a contract year, he and his agent would be pissed due to the lack of offensive production which equates to a big payday

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Yup

It has definitely been a disservice to OEL that he and Myers have had to take all the tough matchups and hard minutes. 

For sure his offensive numbers would look better had things been spread out more evenly. 

That being said, our team has a better chance of winning with OEL and Myers taking on the top lines. I mean I would prefer that over having Hughes defend their top players.  Quinn has got a lot better defensively and he'll eventually get there but good thing OEL is on his final contract because yes, if this was a contract year, he and his agent would be pissed due to the lack of offensive production which equates to a big payday

The positive effect of OEL can be seen in the decline of Chychscrub.  OEL is gone, so Chychscrub now has to play the hard minutes.  He’s got 7 points and is minus 31 this year.  OEL is a heck of a good (and important) player.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1