The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

As competitive as Miller seems to be I suspect winning a CUP is the #1 factor on where he signs. 

Id say that's #2 on his list.  Though he might be able to check both boxes playing in a state with little or no income tax

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, b3. said:

Demko is so dialed. I think some of us don’t always realize that.

Excluding his #1 fan Alf

As a goalie guy, I'm literally antsy watching the game if the goalie doesn't look calm in his crease.
Watching Demko gives me inner-peace while I slump on the couch. 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

That's the point, yes.  Not one single person is advocating dumping Miller.

.................but at least we know we can win without Quinn?   Wonder what they'll get for him in the trade ?

(Special note to Dim-Wits:   Yes this is a joke !)

Didn't get to watch but based on the highlights, seemed like an entertaining game?

We had some nice goals and Arizona had quite a few chances, although that would be expected considering the state of our defense.

What a fun line Hog - EP - Pod could be if they are allowed to stick together.

Edited by kanucks25

2 hours ago, lmm said:

isn't that also true of Juulsen?l

most games in a season AHL/NHL is 54

His setback was 2 pucks to the head if I am not mistaken. This has caused him lasting harm which he seems to now be recovering from. Correct me if I am wrong.

OJ seems to get injured if a fly farts.

Edited by FaninMex

13 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Was noticeable tonight.  Playing well with EP. 

I think Petey really likes playing with Podz. If Hogs can elevate his game just a bit more, that can be one helluva line. And a great, no pressure position for EP to be in while he gets his game in order. And signs are pretty clear that this is happening.

And Miller…..if they trade him the only way I’ll feel good about it is if they get one heck of a haul of picks/prospects.

10 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

I mentioned juulsens passing ability after his first game he has a high hockey iq hopefully we got something long term with him 

was a first rnd pick for a reason maybe he just needed a shot 

lets take out the isles the same way tonight

I'm liking what I see from him but he's definitely had his shots with Montreal.

25 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

His setback was 2 pucks to the head if I am not mistaken. This has caused him lasting harm which he seems to now be recovering from. Correct me if I am wrong.

OJ seems to get injured if a fly farts.

Two seasons running he sat most games because of headaches. Glad to see that he appears to have recovered. That said I am curious why Florida let him go considering he was cheaper than Joulevi. 

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Two seasons running he sat most games because of headaches. Glad to see that he appears to have recovered. That said I am curious why Florida let him go considering he was cheaper than Joulevi. 

History of making outcast great? Saw what OJ should have become?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Coconuts said:

It is the Coyotes, so a grain of salt for sure. But I've been of the opinion that OEL should be getting more of those soft offensive minutes for a little while now. Given the career he's had it's strange that he's just fallen off offensively.

It's a number of things, no doubt, but Hughes getting preferential treatment offensively is part of it. If Hughes wants to grow as a player he'll need to take more of those hard minutes OEL and Myers are eating.

I think Hughes is the most dynamic and best offensive d man we've got. Hes got the best vision, best breakout passes and can also carry the puck into the o zone. 

OEL is such a great, well rounded defender that he's taking the harder matchups. 

Yesterday was the first game in a long time where we were playing a clearly inferior team. 

I would guess Quinn could have also put up 2-3 pts had he played. 

What I like about OEL is that on the PP, he doesn't over pass / over play it too much and is cognizant to put the puck on net. 

I think thats the main area Quinn needs to learn from OEL. Better decisions as to when to put pucks on net rather than passing off the puck. It could even be, look pass to open up a seam and then throwing it on net and hope for a tip or rebound. 

7 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think Hughes is the most dynamic and best offensive d man we've got. Hes got the best vision, best breakout passes and can also carry the puck into the o zone. 

OEL is such a great, well rounded defender that he's taking the harder matchups. 

Yesterday was the first game in a long time where we were playing a clearly inferior team. 

I would guess Quinn could have also put up 2-3 pts had he played. 

What I like about OEL is that on the PP, he doesn't over pass / over play it too much and is cognizant to put the puck on net. 

I think thats the main area Quinn needs to learn from OEL. Better decisions as to when to put pucks on net rather than passing off the puck. It could even be, look pass to open up a seam and then throwing it on net and hope for a tip or rebound. 

Dynamic? Absolutely. Best? At this point, yes. But that doesn't mean OEL's historical body of work should be overlooked, he's very capable of contributing offensively; and this team desperately needs offense from more than one D and we've seen very little of that this season. It's a problem. 

OEL takes the harder matchups, I'm of the opinion that Hughes needs to do more of that while sharing the offensive minutes a bit more. He's gotten better defensively this season, but if he wants to be a legitimate #1D he needs to eat more of those tough minutes. If he were to prove capable of that it'd balance our D a bit more. You need more than one pairing that can contribute offensively, more than one guy. It's not enough to put all your eggs in one basket, even if it's a spectacular basket. 

Management and the coaching staff need to find a way to improve our D, and to get more offense out of it. Because what we've gotten this season isn't good enough, and won't be good enough going forward. 

OEL has plenty of things Hughes can learn, no doubt.