The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JR speaks again... speed and skill? Balanced scoring?

Rate this topic

HKSR

10 hours ago, IBatch said:

Huberdeau would cost a small fortune IF he makes it to free agency.  Mier has a 10 million QO to deal with - have fun with that one SJ,  no way to E. Kane ... Larkin will get re-signed, he's Detroits Horvat - but yes that would be fine - Hertl probably will get traded, but Wilson refuses to rebuild endless re-tool so who knows.   Sergachev won't hit the market.  Klingberg will - and will want at least what we are paying OEL.... Not sure how we'd cram him in but if we could trade Myers maybe.   Who of these guys aside from E Kane and Klingberg do you think will make the market and what do you think their cap hits will look like compared to Brocks? 

I think Trocheck and Forsberg are likely make it to Free Agency as well, both guys have speed and skill which is what our GM is looking for. IMO Forsberg will come in at around 8M and Trocheck  somewhere around 7M which is just marginally more than what BB would make. This would make us considerably faster and more skilled while fixing our D if we can flip BB for a younger defenseman.

On 2/24/2022 at 7:59 PM, Ferlands_Head said:

I think Trocheck and Forsberg are likely make it to Free Agency as well, both guys have speed and skill which is what our GM is looking for. IMO Forsberg will come in at around 8M and Trocheck  somewhere around 7M which is just marginally more than what BB would make. This would make us considerably faster and more skilled while fixing our D if we can flip BB for a younger defenseman.

Where is that cap coming from?    More then BB will make, and who's the defenseman?   And why would these players choose Vancouver unless we are the highest bidders?  It also means Miller has to go that's another cost - or Horvat.   It's impossible to keep all of them. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 1:34 PM, IBatch said:

And there is the crux.   Would you be happy at say 5.5 x 5?  Or 6 x 6?   I would.   People seem to look at the stats on other teams and get stars in their eyes about what they could do on our team.   Thing is - if you actually want to look at the UFA market over the next two seasons - please inform me of whom is going to be better then BB, Horvat and Miller?   Of those you can realistically expect to stay?    I'm all ears.   Also RHDs while we are at it - and C's.   Team is still at a point where we should be building through the draft for later - that much i'm cool with.   But seriously doubt we are going to find a better player then Brock Boeser at his position - or JT Miller - or Horvat via free agency.   Didn't JB just try and do this for "8 long years"?!

JB just got Garland who is 100% better than Brock at the position and signed him through his prime for under 5. Brock needs to go so others can benefit from his cush minutes. Addition by subtraction. 

4 minutes ago, hammertime said:

JB just got Garland who is 100% better than Brock at the position and signed him through his prime for under 5. Brock needs to go so others can benefit from his cush minutes. Addition by subtraction. 

I get that things have stalled for Brock.   Can't just use one year as the only sample size.   But yes I agree, Garland makes Brock expendable. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

I get that things have stalled for Brock.   Can't just use one year as the only sample size.   But yes I agree, Garland makes Brock expendable. 

Brock never seemed invested in this place from day one.  I never saw one once of emotion from him - ever - in any interview or media scrum and it translates into his on-ice play which always seemed to be bland.   He comes across as a 9to5 type of player.  Granted, he has one heck of a shot and can "let them go" - but - this team cannot afford to have one dimensional players like Brock who is simply "a shooter", so I'll be shocked if he's here next season and suspect he'll be traded in the next few days.   

• Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Brock never seemed invested in this place from day one.  I never saw one once of emotion from him - ever - in any interview or media scrum and it translates into his on-ice play which always seemed to be bland.   He comes across as a 9to5 type of player.  Granted, he has one heck of a shot and can "let them go" - but - this team cannot afford to have one dimensional players like Brock who is simply "a shooter", so I'll be shocked if he's here next season and suspect he'll be traded in the next few days.   

Sad thing is, this is true....

This is also another reason, why getting new eyes to see will benifit us in the long run. 
We as well as the old management are probably too invested in player drafted by us, especially if they have shown, they have massive upsides. 
Vast majority hold Boeser highly and love him as a person. The fact he doesn't shown much emotion is very frustrating, as it makes him come across as uninterested, but we are all different. 
Also expect Brock to be traded... to much money invested... when money is needed else where. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

He had.

now it takes a loooong set up to let a shot goes, a shot that is not beating any goalie anymore at médium to long range.

add to that, that he has no hustle at all, no physicality and no hands…  

its time to let him fly.

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, IBatch said:

Its not one year.  Hes regressed and looks slower every year.   If you cant see this you arent watching.  

The nucks need an elite multi dimensional scoring winger to get to the next level.  You arent going to find that in brock. Not now, not ever. Get over it.

• Like 1