The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks @ Canucks l Feb. 19/22 @ 7:00 pm

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Who suggested giving the "C" to JT Miller??? I never did. What I'm suggesting is to remove Bo as a 2C and make JT and Petey your top 2 C. You can give the "C" to OEL.

Sorry, my bad.  Putting as much energy into my reading skills as the Canucks are in playing hockey.   

With that understanding, I guess it would depending if you expect your 2c or 3c to be your match-up line - Bo's a bit better defensively than those two IMHO but based on offensive skills alone, I would agree.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Just now, -NucksFan said:

But to the Flames !!!! Lol :sick:

.........and whats the first thing we see when we switch to the Flames game?    ..........................some Rough Push Back by a good hockey team!    Wish the Canucks had some piss & Vinigar in their blood rather than mellow Swede finesse in them.

4 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Who suggested giving the "C" to JT Miller??? I never did. What I'm suggesting is to remove Bo as a 2C and make JT and Petey your top 2 C. You can give the "C" to OEL.

Agree that JT and Petey should be the top 2Cs.

I like that Bruce is trying new line combos and loading up with Miller-Bo-Boeser, but it's clearly taking us away from our strengths of having 3 good centers.

Miller is a play driver and has played great as a center. He likes playing center as he likes getting more touches on the puck. And since he has moved to wing, he's not as dominant as he has been. In fact, I would say that he's sort of disappeared.

1 minute ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

What role is Bo supposed to play right now? Is he a 1C or 2C or 3C? Is he a shutdown C? I haven't seen him do any of that in any high level of quality befitting a Captain since a bit after the start of the season...

He takes on tougher matchups than Miller, provides complimentary top six offense, and he's leading the league in faceoffs taken. Miller likely doesn't step into his role and continue to produce at the rate he has. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/stats?category=FACEOFFS&group=1&time=0

But sure, dump on Horvat. 

I'm not saying he's not deserving of criticism like every single other player on the roster, but folks sure are quick to overlook what he brings nowadays. 

• Like 1

2 d-men down - with one injured early & the next one is one of your toughest & best, well - that’s never a good omen.

Sometimes the fates are just against you, and tonight was one of those nights. 

Demmer was a little bit dimmer than his usual bright,.. and he was in his last game, too maybe Halak should have started.

Hands up! 

Edited by viking mama

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He takes on tougher matchups than Miller, provides complimentary top six offense, and he's leading the league in faceoffs taken. Miller likely doesn't step into his role and continue to produce at the rate he has. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/stats?category=FACEOFFS&group=1&time=0

But sure, dump on Horvat. 

I'm not saying he's not deserving of criticism like every single other player on the roster, but folks sure are quick to overlook what he brings nowadays. 

I haven't seen that complimentary top 6 offense in a long while. Without that, honestly, he's a 3C. When the team starts bad against a mobile team like today, what does he exactly provide as a Captain? Is he going to create for his line? Is he going to hit like underweight Petey did? Is he going to show emotion after a questionable hit just like what the rookie Podkolzin showed? Does he really have the shutdown skills like Kesler used to show? Goodness, do something, anything, Bo...what happened?

Edited by Vinny in Vancouver

4 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I haven't seen that complimentary top 6 offense in a long while. Without that, honestly, he's a 3C. When the team starts bad against a mobile team like today, what does he exactly provide as a Captain? Is he going to create for his line? Is he going to hit like underweight Petey did? Is he going to show emotion after a questionable hit just like what the rookie Podkolzin showed? Does he really have the shutdown skills like Kesler used to show? Goodness, do something, anything, Bo...what happened?

No, he's not a Kesler. He's not a defensive savant, but he does an adequate job on a team that's really missed having Beagle and Sutter style players backing him up in the dot. He's never been Kesler. 

And he's not the only player to have struggled, the whole team seemed to tonight. Except for maybe Pettersson. Roster has a lot of question marks, but that doesn't mean Bo can't be, or isn't, a valuable player to this team. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

No, he's not a Kesler. He's not a defensive savant, but he does an adequate job on a team that's really missed having Beagle and Sutter style players backing him up in the dot. He's never been Kesler. 

And he's not the only player to have struggled, the whole team seemed to tonight. Except for maybe Pettersson. Roster has a lot of question marks, but that doesn't mean Bo can't be, or isn't, a valuable player to this team. 

What I'm trying to figure out is the value portion especially with his contract being up for renewal after next season. Is he a 1C, 2C or 3C? Should he really be the Captain of this team at this point of the retool - if so, why? I think he's a 3C right now. I think there may be better choices for Captain at this point as the team needs somebody that can provide a lift - whether it's a scoring chance or a hit or a fight or a pep talk...

2 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

What I'm trying to figure out is the value portion especially with his contract being up for renewal after next season. Is he a 1C, 2C or 3C? Should he really be the Captain of this team at this point of the retool - if so, why? I think he's a 3C right now. I think there may be better choices for Captain at this point as the team needs somebody that can provide a lift - whether it's a scoring chance or a hit or a fight or a pep talk...

I view him as a 2C, but I'm curious as to how he'd go as a 1C. He's never really gotten that opportunity in Vancouver, as soon as the twins retired Pettersson was settling the league on fire. Bo's never actually gotten to play with the teams best players for an extended period of time, the closest he got was maybe brief stints with the twins. 

Like other players on this roster, I think he's better than he's shown this season. I think the same of Boeser. 

I'm absolutely 100% against stripping him of the captaincy. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I view him as a 2C, but I'm curious as to how he'd go as a 1C. He's never really gotten that opportunity in Vancouver, as soon as the twins retired Pettersson was settling the league on fire. Bo's never actually gotten to play with the teams best players for an extended period of time, the closest he got was maybe brief stints with the twins. 

Like other players on this roster, I think he's better than he's shown this season. I think the same of Boeser. 

I'm absolutely 100% against stripping him of the captaincy. 

Isn't he 1C right now with JT and Boeser as wings?