The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Kuzmenko only wants to move once?  Which team can offer him the fit he desires and pay him what he wants with his next contract?  With the Coilers it will be one and done.  With us he would have a spot with the group going forward, especially after we dump Garland.  

Why do you want to "move" Garland? This team needs more players who play with his exuberance.  He sets a good example with his hard nosed play and effectiveness 5v5. Draws a ton of penalties too. 5v5 (he doesn't play PP) judge him on the mins he plays he is 31st in league scoring for under 5m be crazy to move him for anything less than a home run. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, combover said:

I saw that Gar for Mar on hockey news feed  a few weeks back . 
I don’t know if getting Kuz or not will change that.

MIller  is going to be to expensive so I doubt he’s here after august regardless.

hopfully  we can add speed size throughout the line up  this summer so we aren’t just pushed aside constantly. When guys like highmore are being praised for bouncing off and falling down on the 4th line forecheck it’s a clear indicator for the total lack of physicality  this team has. 

You have an unreasonable hate on for Highmore. Look at Brandon Hagel, he's a very similar (but better) version of Highmore. 

The days of icing an entire fourth line of tough guys is gone. Highmore has been very effective and plays on the PK. 

I do agree that we need to get one or two bigger guys but getting rid of one or our best bottom 6 guys is not the way forward. 

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think the plan is to move Garland once we sign Kuzmenko.  Wasn’t there lots of chatter about Garland for Marino, or was that just us on CDC?  

Maybe Kuzmenko signs and we trade Miller for Kravstov + Kakko?  

Lots of changes coming, and signing Kuzmenko could be the opening act. 

Is Kuzmenko and upgrade on Garland? Cheeper yes for now but better?

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Why do you want to "move" Garland? This team needs more players who play with his exuberance.  He sets a good example with his hard nosed play and effectiveness 5v5. Draws a ton of penalties too. 5v5 (he doesn't play PP) judge him on the mins he plays he is 31st in league scoring for under 5m be crazy to move him for anything less than a home run. 

Because when we sign Kuzmenko and trade Miller for Kravstov and Kakko and sign Boeser we can trade Garland from a position of strength.  He can bring us a much needed right shot D.  

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Is Kuzmenko and upgrade on Garland? Cheeper yes for now but better?

I don’t think Kuzmenko is an upgrade on Garland.  Garland is very good and on a good contract.  But, we will have an abundance of wingers, and his value could return help on D.  

Imagine a return on Garland like what Tampa got (was that Yzerboy?) for Drouin?  And signing Kuzmenko can start all that happening. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You have an unreasonable hate on for Highmore. Look at Brandon Hagel, he's a very similar (but better) version of Highmore. 

The days of icing an entire fourth line of tough guys is gone. Highmore has been very effective and plays on the PK. 

I do agree that we need to get one or two bigger guys but getting rid of one or our best bottom 6 guys is not the way forward. 

I think the issue with Highmore is and don't get me wrong I quite like him is that he's not really a player built for his role. So him over performing expectations is still likely less effective than many other players in a similar $$ bracket performing at their par in the role he plays. Sam Carrik for example just signed 2 years $850 Highmore on his best game doesn't fill his boots on his average game.

Edited by hammertime

19 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Highmores hits are the equvilant of a bumble bee bouncing of. 
and most of the time he takes the worst of it.how durable was he last year again.(49gp)
i rather have a third and fourth line that doesn’t fall down from the wind of other players. They don’t have to be goons of old, lammiko was good some size and speed. To beat the horse I doubt you’d find a gm that would put highmore in the 4th line over The two guys jbidoit threw away last summer. 
never question his heart but he’s and AHLer or call up depth at best on a good team. 

Edited by combover

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t think Kuzmenko is an upgrade on Garland.  Garland is very good and on a good contract.  But, we will have an abundance of wingers, and his value could return help on D.  

Imagine a return on Garland like what Tampa got (was that Yzerboy?) for Drouin?  And signing Kuzmenko can start all that happening. 

Sign me up for Garland for Sergachev 1 for 1 swap.

• Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we land Kuzmenko I’m hoping JR can pull off a Garland trade than lands us a young version of Sergachev.  

As much as I like Garland I doubt Brandt Clarke becomes available 1 for 1 even if we add Brock or whatever we get for Brock. I'm not sure what you have in mind but I think Miller is the only guy who get's us the value we want and at that I think we borrow from peter to pay Paul. And I'm not talking about Nick Paul

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

As much as I like Garland I doubt Brandt Clarke becomes available 1 for 1 even if we add Brock or whatever we get for Brock. I'm not sure what you have in mind but I think Miller is the only guy who get's us the value we want and at that I think we borrow from peter to pay Paul. And I'm not talking about Nick Paul

I don’t have any young D in mind.  But if we get Kuzmenko I’m hoping JR does, so Garland can bring in that player.  I see Kuzmenko as a key to start the dominos falling.  He signs, which allows JR to move Garland.  Garland returns a young D.  So JR can move Myers.  And so on.  Going to be fun as hell too. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, hammertime said:

We need two top 4 RHD, so I think it is a couple moves.  Probably one for a guy who can slide right in and another young guy or NHL ready prospect that can maybe be ready to take some

minutes from Schenn.

So a Miller trades brings in one of them and a Garland/Boeser trade brings in the other…. or failing on one of those moves, a veteran free agent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

We need two top 4 RHD, so I think it is a couple moves.  Probably one for a guy who can slide right in and another young guy or NHL ready prospect that can maybe be ready to take some

minutes from Schenn.

So a Miller trades brings in one of them and a Garland/Boeser trade brings in the other…. or failing on one of those moves, a veteran free agent.

And it likely takes two years to acquire the D JR is targeting.  

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think the plan is to move Garland once we sign Kuzmenko.  Wasn’t there lots of chatter about Garland for Marino, or was that just us on CDC?  

Maybe Kuzmenko signs and we trade Miller for Kravstov + Kakko?  

Lots of changes coming, and signing Kuzmenko could be the opening act. 

could be for sure, it could also be Hoglander? although they might want the cheapie contract Hog's can provide. 

Garland for Marino would be a solid move for us. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

could be for sure, it could also be Hoglander? although they might want the cheapie contract Hog's can provide. 

Garland for Marino would be a solid move for us. 

I could see Garland for Marino providing Pit is able to keep Letang.  Would Pit want Chaos Giraffe if Letang moves on?  

Just now, Alflives said:

I could see Garland for Marino providing Pit is able to keep Letang.  Would Pit want Chaos Giraffe if Letang moves on?  

Burkie likes his truculence. 

Garland and Myers for Marino and their 1st? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

Burkie likes his truculence. 

Garland and Myers for Marino and their 1st? 

Clear 6 million in cap, add a top four RSD partner for OEL, and get another first.  Please let this happen. :towel:

Kuzmenk + Marino + a first added.  Sounds excellent!  

• Vintage 1