The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

On 7/17/2022 at 4:04 PM, AV. said:

It likely raises a warning sign to the whole NHL that a team like Vancouver, who have been rumoured to be in for RD help all off-season, are trying to move one of their own RD.

I'd be surprised if any deal gets done somewhere - the optics just aren't great.

Orrrrr you could move a good asset + for and upgrade. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Depending on needs, maybe a team is needing size with offensive skillset on the right side. 

Lol.  Sure.

Let me know when you find this team and this player.

Just now, AV. said:

I'm talking about the TEAM that would be interested in Myers and the PLAYER that would be an upgrade on Myers.

I'll be waiting.

Not my job but that scenario isn’t out of the question, it could be a team moving a more defensive minded dman out for an offensive one. 

That or we keep Myers which is not an issue at all imo. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not my job but that scenario isn’t out of the question, it could be a team moving a more defensive minded dman out for an offensive one. 

That or we keep Myers which is not an issue at all imo. 

Yeah, thing is, the probability of your scenario is 1/10000000000.

So, again, let me know when these mystery teams you seem to believe exist make their move for Myers.

• Haha 1

Just now, AV. said:

Yeah, thing is, the probability of your scenario is 1/10000000000.

So, again, let me know when these mystery teams you seem to believe exist make their move for Myers.

Blah blah blah, Myers is not a bad dman this is just mindless whining at this point. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Blah blah blah, Myers is not a bad dman this is just mindless whining at this point. 

Never said he was a bad dman.  I said that the optics around moving him would be difficult, given that Vancouver's need for a RD is pretty obvious.

Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, AV. said:

Never said he was a bad dman.  I said that the optics around moving him would be difficult, given that Vancouver's need for a RD is pretty obvious.

Hope this helps.

Our needs and another teams needs may not be the same hence the optics are a nothingburger in that scenario. 

Hope this helps.  

11 minutes ago, AV. said:

Hope this helps.

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Our needs and another teams needs may not be the same hence the optics are a nothingburger in that scenario. 

Hope this helps.  

This whole hope this helps thing is a cringe attempt at winning an... opinion? :P

We brought in Schmidt and his full 6m salary, Than wpg took his full 6m salary. So yes it is possible someone does take myers. We have been in 2 recent cases in which it happened.

Oh yeah, Hope this helps :lol:

Edited by Mustard Tiger
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Hope this helps.  

Enough tiptoeing.  If you're going to challenge my claim by insinuating that a market, in fact, does exist for Myers but aren't going to elaborate or actually name the teams that could support your claim, then shut up and move on.  You're wasting my time and everybody else's for no reason other than to be a mindless homer who can't fathom that Myers has low value around the league and can't be moved **easily**.  

Edited by AV.

14 minutes ago, AV. said:

Enough tiptoeing.  If you're going to challenge my claim by insinuating that a market, in fact, does exist for Myers but aren't going to elaborate or actually name the teams that could support your claim, then shut up and move on.  You're wasting my time and everybody else's for no reason other than to be a mindless homer who can't fathom that Myers has low value around the league and can't be moved.  

Petry at 34 years old with a contract AAV of 6.25mill for 3 more seasons, and with NMC NTC, was just traded FOR by PIT.

they even moved out a young 24 year old Dman on a decent contract playing regular, reliable mins in their rotation, just to make cap space for Petry. 

they also now have 9 defensemen on their roster. A surplus. 

there’s a market for Myers. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

This whole hope this helps thing is a cringe attempt at winning an... opinion? :P

We brought in Schmidt and his full 6m salary, Than wpg took his full 6m salary. So yes it is possible someone does take myers. We have been in 2 recent cases in which it happened.

Oh yeah, Hope this helps :lol:

Not the same thing.

Canucks moved Schmidt to primarily clear salary but also because they had just made a move to acquire OEL and the LD side, or rather the number of left-handed defencemen on the roster, were becoming crowded.  They were moving from a surplus and pretty much had to cut costs so that they could bring back Hamonic and bring in Poolman and Schenn (all RD).

Currently, the Canucks are in the market for improving the RD position but are also trying to move a RD in Myers.  Evidently, they are not moving him from a point of surplus.  As a prospective buyer, would you not be concerned that somebody who's trying to sell you something is also trying to buy the exact same thing as you?  Even if you're on the side that believes Myers somehow offers something different than other RDs, probably best to back that claim and suggest a list of teams that meet this bill rather than hiding behind a vague possibility that *might* exist?  That's what we're supposed to be discussing.

At no point did I say moving Myers was impossible; I said the optics around the situation (a team trying to move a RD whilst also trying to acquire a RD) have made things difficult and make a potential trade quite unlikely. To date, have I been wrong?  

• Haha 1

This happens every single year. It must be the heat - like in Predator.

Summertime at CDC is like having really heavy night sweats after a drinking binge. A horrible, endless set of nightmares and you can’t seem to wake up even if you want to. 

It would appear that the peak of frustration is looming and polite (if ever that) conversation has come to an end with people starting to direct their anxiety towards fellow fans (too much).

This is the time when Spooshy starts his annual hiatus in hopes that cooler heads prevail in late August or so.

Have a nice summer, fellow fans.

:excl:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

This happens every single year. It must be the heat - like in Predator.

Summertime at CDC is like having really heavy night sweats after a drinking binge. A horrible, endless set of nightmares and you can’t seem to wake up even if you want to. 

It would appear that the peak of frustration is looming and polite (if ever that) conversation has come to an end with people starting to direct their anxiety towards fellow fans (too much).

This is the time when Spooshy starts his annual hiatus in hopes that cooler heads prevail in late August or so.

Have a nice summer, fellow fans.

:excl:

Enjoy your summer Spoosh!!

image.gif.0f77705e5777611e7373d4feaf3e9823.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, RWJC said:

Petry at 34 years old with a contract AAV of 6.25mill for 3 more seasons, and with NMC NTC, was just traded FOR by PIT.

there’s a market for Myers. 

Not really comparable.

1.  The general perception of Jeff Petry is that he's better than Tyler Myers
2.  Montreal took salary back in a deal - something Vancouver can't really, or won't, do.  Makes a trade hard to facilitate.
3.  Pittsburgh also moved out John Marino for a cheaper player in Ty Smith.  In other words, precursory moves had to happen to make this Petry deal happen.

Again, Myers *could* be moved, but it's going to be a lot more difficult than many here might think.  I'm not wrong in saying that.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AV. said:

Not the same thing.

Canucks moved Schmidt to primarily clear salary but also because they had just made a move to acquire OEL and the LD side, or rather the number of left-handed defencemen on the roster, were becoming crowded.  They were moving from a surplus and pretty much had to cut costs so that they could bring back Hamonic and bring in Poolman and Schenn (all RD).

Currently, the Canucks are in the market for improving the RD position but are also trying to move a RD in Myers.  Evidently, they are not moving him from a point of surplus.  As a prospective buyer, would you not be concerned that somebody who's trying to sell you something is also trying to buy the exact same thing as you?  Even if you're on the side that believes Myers somehow offers something different than other RDs, probably best to back that claim and suggest a list of teams that meet this bill rather than hiding behind a vague possibility that *might* exist?  That's what we're supposed to be discussing.

At no point did I say moving Myers was impossible; I said the optics around the situation (a team trying to move a RD whilst also trying to acquire a RD) have made things difficult and make a potential trade quite unlikely. To date, have I been wrong?  

I'm not even going to read what you wrote past "not the same thing"

Whatever fits your agenda you choose to look at. Your opinion so whatever but good luck out there! Lol

• Cheers 1