The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday February 27 Vancouver Canucks (25-22-6) @ New York Rangers (33-14-5) at 4:30 (our time) on SNPTV and SNPAM650.

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

7 minutes ago, brilac said:

So whatcha eating?  

I'm having a pizza and then some kombucha while writing an essay while watching the game. Some people prepare their essays days in advance while I whip mine up at the last minute.  I already know what I am writing about and will add personality and seriousness to it. 

breakfast...Italian sausage, pan fried potatoes with mushrooms and onions, toast

• Like 1

Just now, Gollumpus said:

Of greater interest, what is the topic of your essay, if I may ask?

regards,  G.

It's for a speech class.  I gave a speech and now I have to reflect on it.  I have no problem of reflecting on all the great things I did great.   One thing about me is I'm actually reserved and I tend to talk monotone even when I am excited. But I'm expressionable and I smile with my eyes and face.  I'm more of an introvert a listener, and I can put things down on paper great.  But people were entertained with my speech with my interesting topic, facial expressions, eye contact, and hand movement. 

20 minutes ago, brilac said:

So whatcha eating?  

I'm having a pizza and then some kombucha while writing an essay while watching the game. Some people prepare their essays days in advance while I whip mine up at the last minute.  I already know what I am writing about and will add personality and seriousness to it. 

Homemade pizza. Pepperoni, onions, green peppers, sun dried tomatoes , pineapple and 3 cheeses. Goes in the 500’ oven at end of first for start of second. Sprinkles of Smoked Habanero powder once served to take it up a notch.

966EA3AD-D794-4F40-B8E6-C5A918F9BFC0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, brilac said:

So whatcha eating?  

What's the essay on?

Pulled pork and whisky here.

I had a rule no cramming past 8pm. The Canucks were playing the Flames in the first round and the game went into OT.

Well I passed the stats final but didn't study haha.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Like 1

Just now, Barnstorm said:

Homemade pizza. Pepperoni, onions, green peppers, sun dried tomatoes , pineapple and 3 cheeses. Goes in the 500’ oven at end of first for start of second. Sprinkles of Smoked Habanero powder once served to take it up a notch.

966EA3AD-D794-4F40-B8E6-C5A918F9BFC0.jpeg

Oh I love!  So one for you and one for your significant other or friend?

Just now, Chris12345 said:

What's the essay on?

Pulled pork and whisky here.

I have to reflect on a speech I gave.  All the great, fantastic things I did during my speech and then there are the not so too great things. A reflection about me and my speech giving. 

3 minutes ago, brilac said:

I have to reflect on a speech I gave.  All the great, fantastic things I did during my speech and then there are the not so too great things. A reflection about me and my speech giving. 

What are you studying that you have to do that for? Seems brutal haha.

2 minutes ago, brilac said:

It's for a speech class.  I gave a speech and now I have to reflect on it.  I have no problem of reflecting on all the great things I did great.   One thing about me is I'm actually reserved and I tend to talk monotone even when I am excited. But I'm expressionable and I smile with my eyes and face.  I'm more of an introvert a listener, and I can put things down on paper great.  But people were entertained with my speech with my interesting topic, facial expressions, eye contact, and hand movement. 

This makes it sound like how I've heard some stand-up comedians work on their delivery as they are learning their craft.

My two-bits worth, I've rarely had to speak in front of large crowds (groups of 500+ on the spur of the moment), but when I was put on the spot, I used my "amateur status" as a shield, and I spoke in a manner which demanded attention (but not aggressively so, if that makes sense). Smaller groups felt far more intimidating. As you did, I made it light and informative. Getting the crowd to like you is half the battle.  :)

regards,  G.