The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Mar. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I know it's tough to envision retaining with our cap situation but if we could make some other moves maybe it could happen.

Yeah, the only way I see that happening is if we do something like the Miller for Schneider trade and you've got a low cost ELC coming in to fill that roster spot and to balance the duration of that retention.

Schneider's $1.325 AAV + even $2m retention on Myers, still saves us almost $3m of cap.

• Vintage 1

Was watching the stats for Oilers TOI last game when they lost against Calgary. Pretty brutal. 8 players 20-25 minutes, 2 players 15-20 mins, the rest around or below 10 mins. That's desperate. Compare with the TOI our last game if you will.

Unfortunately this observation doesn't get us any nearer the playoffs, I agree with previous posters that unless we find another gear we'll have to beat out Vegas which seems like a bad bet (pun intended), but still feels good to see Oilers really stinking it.

Interesting though that Broberg is one of the players with 20+ mins.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, what do you call that OT play if that's not pouting. I'm not being negative at all just being slightly honest and realistic. I know that's tough on some folks here. JT Miller can be 'not the best in the world" at something. It's okay Sam! I think anyone being honest with themselves will admit he gets a little pissy at times when the chips are down. I don't think it's the end of the world so no need to go defending his honor or anything. Just trying to have a conversation.

Question: let's say you had the chance to meet Miller in person, would you call him pouty or pissy to his face? 

2 hours ago, stawns said:

and you know this how?  I've seen many comments on him beiong the best player and I doubt anypone would argue that

https://streamable.com/eannam

53 minutes ago, Muttley said:

200.webp 

How long has he been here? I'm new here and I don't know you, dude, but that there statement is stu silly. He's been like a Captain in his short stay here. Remember the camera shots from the bubble?  Remember how he was instrumental he was dethroning the Green menace? (We don't know what we're doing), I believe was the sentiment. He was right and wasn't afraid to do that for his team.  Of course his age dictates he wont play long enough to match their tenures but don't say he doesn't have the qualities.

Grr. :mad:

Don't have an orgasm.   I mean a pre-mature one - that's embarrassing. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Sad 1