The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arshdeep Bains | LW

I really love the way Bains is developing. I watched a recent game that he dominated with three brilliant plays that exhibited wonderful creativity and gritty determination. Those are the qualities that one looks for in a future NHLer. His compete is off the charts, and his creativity is befitting of a past WHL scoring champion. I really hope he has the patience to stick with the process because he is really taking advantage of his situation on this team. His development is remarkable - he could really be a future top six player in Vancouver. 

I think Kravtsov and McDonough could really benefit enormously from the coaching situation in Abby. That experience could really bring their games (and their confidence) to an NHL level. I haven’t been able to say that of a Canuck farm team since the days when they developed Burrows, Kesler, Hansen, Grabner, and Bieksa. I guess Rutherford and his crew deserve some credit for that. What a great place to bring young players to bring them on. No wonder Jurmo wants to come over. Could we use a 6’4” 200 lb + left D that can skate? I sure hope Livingstone, Hirose and their agents are taking notes.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Management continues to fill up our prospect cupboards. Lots of guys competing for opportunity with the big club. 

Yep. And more coming. When we are healthy again in Van, McDonough likely comes down, also Max Sasson, a promising free-agent C, Jurmo and Johansson, likely coming over in the new year, and likely a couple more college FA’s. I wouldn’t be surprised if we picked up a couple of junior FAs, too. If we sign them to Abby contracts, it doesn’t count against our 50 contract limit.

9 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Yep. And more coming. When we are healthy again in Van, McDonough likely comes down, also Max Sasson, a promising free-agent C, Jurmo and Johansson, likely coming over in the new year, and likely a couple more college FA’s. I wouldn’t be surprised if we picked up a couple of junior FAs, too. If we sign them to Abby contracts, it doesn’t count against our 50 contract limit.

I wonder if Josh Bloom can go to AHL next year? 

He will turn 20 in June, so he should be good as far as I know. 

• 4 weeks later...