The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arshdeep Bains | LW

14 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

To me he's more Bawa than Malhotra.  I just don't see him cracking an NHL lineup on a regular basis.  But time will tell.

He's only half a year older than Podkolzin (they're both still 22) and just put up 38P in 66 games in his first AHL season for 0.57 P/G. Compared to Podz 18P in 28 games for 0.64 P/GP I'd say he has a pretty decent chance of getting NHL games as soon as this year.

6 hours ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

He's only half a year older than Podkolzin (they're both still 22) and just put up 38P in 66 games in his first AHL season for 0.57 P/G. Compared to Podz 18P in 28 games for 0.64 P/GP I'd say he has a pretty decent chance of getting NHL games as soon as this year.

Bains is an awesome PKer too. Also scored two short handed goals on the same shift. Very tenacious, good play maker - I think he has Jannik Hansen upside 

On 9/10/2023 at 2:58 PM, Alflives said:

To me Bains is Malholtra. He’s going to become an important third line guy for us. 

That would be nice, but Bains is also a very creative player. The plays he was making at the end of this past season reek of potential. Malhotra was never a particularly strong offensive player compared to his defensive contribution. He was an extraordinary defensive player - big (6’2” 207), strong, fast and conscientious. If Bains becomes anything close to Malhotra, that would be  quite something - he has the brains, but not the size nor speed. Smarts can make up for a lot, though, and determination and focus- and Bains seems to have lots of all those. When you see a guy trying this hard, it’s hard not to pull for him.

2 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

With better offensive brain and shot accuracy :metal:

Hansen had 22 goals in 67 games one year and a couple of 16 goal years as well - that is pretty good. Averaged around 15 per 82 games. Offensively Arshdeep is a little behind Hansen at this age (his big season he turned 21 already). 

I think he scores less than Hansen but maybe a bit better play maker. Like 10 goals, 15 assists, PKer bottom 6 kinda guy but Hansen is his ceiling 

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Hansen had 22 goals in 67 games one year and a couple of 16 goal years as well - that is pretty good. Averaged around 15 per 82 games. Offensively Arshdeep is a little behind Hansen at this age (his big season he turned 21 already). 

I think he scores less than Hansen but maybe a bit better play maker. Like 10 goals, 15 assists, PKer bottom 6 kinda guy but Hansen is his ceiling 

Honestly, I'd be thrilled with just a bottom 6 PKer that scores 10 goals. 

Tyler Motte with less hitting and less injuries? 

As you said, Bains has shown a great passing ability. Don't see him as a finisher in the big leagues. 

19 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

We used to joke on here about Hanson having hands of stone and well being with the twins sure helped with the 22 goal season.

Arsdeep has very good hands in close and a good shot I see him having better offensive game than our good friend.

Edited by CanuckleHorse
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

15 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

We used to joke on here about Hanson having hands of stone and well being with the twins sure helped with the 22 goal season.

Arsdeep has very good hands in close and a good shot I see him having better offensive game than our good friend.

WE considered Hansen as "hands of stone" during our contending years from 2009-2012, but then with the arrival of Megna, Chaput etc. in the Benning era, they redefined "hands of stone" because they were offensive black-holes where the play dies on their sticks.

• Cheers 1