The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arshdeep Bains | LW

50 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I want Bains to succeed pretty bad.  

I have so many Indian buddies that are into hockey, they are a huge part of our fanbase. 

7 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I want Bains to succeed pretty bad.  

I have so many Indian buddies that are into hockey, they are a huge part of our fanbase. 

I just really like the way he thinks the game and plays the game. You can see that he works hard and because of that his skating will even get stronger. It won’t be his brains or grit that keep him out of the NHL.

7 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I just really like the way he thinks the game and plays the game. You can see that he works hard and because of that his skating will even get stronger. It won’t be his brains or grit that keep him out of the NHL.

We can't look at his rookie season without smiling. He has really had a great season. Top scoring WHL player to the AHL without a hiccup. 

• Like 4

I have been very impressed by Bains and the rookie AHL season he has put together. Sure seems like the perfect bottom 6 forward who can PK and works hard every game. Props to this kid for never giving up and it lead to an NHL contract and he is making a living PLAYING hockey!

Need more guys like Bains!

• Like 2

On 4/24/2023 at 6:13 AM, Boudrias said:

We can't look at his rookie season without smiling. He has really had a great season. Top scoring WHL player to the AHL without a hiccup. 

just an absolute beauty. 

total underdog story, bet on himself, doing very well in his first pro season, unreal work ethic. 

i think he'll play for us, and i dont think he'll just be a run of the mill bottom-6 placeholder. He'll be a difference maker. 

• Like 3

On 4/28/2023 at 6:57 PM, DeNiro said:

Would love it if Bains became another Burrows type! ::D

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Stylistically, I see Chris Higgins versatility and smartness to his game, and the heaviness and intangibles you see in Tanner Pearson.

Arsh had a great season, making a lot of progress. The above quotes are interesting comparisons. The Burrows comparison resonates because both Bains and Burrows were undrafted underdogs who have a great work ethic and are willing to do whatever it takes to help the team even if they don't have the greatest underlying skill set. 

Bains has turned himself into a good PK guy (as Burrows did), stands up for his teammates (as Burrows did) and works hard every shift (once again like Burrows).

Higgins and Pearson were both first round picks and had more natural ability so their stories are a bit different.

I doubt if Bains starts the season in Vancouver next year but if he continues to make progress I could see him as a call-up during the season or making the team out of camp the following year.. He could be an iideal bottom-6 guy who kills penalties, can play shutdown, plays a high energy game, adds to team toughness, and can provide secondary scoring. And, who knows, maybe he ends up on a line with Petey and Kuz (as Burrows did with the Sedins), although I admit that is unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, JamesB said:

Arsh had a great season, making a lot of progress. The above quotes are interesting comparisons. The Burrows comparison resonates because both Bains and Burrows were undrafted underdogs who have a great work ethic and are willing to do whatever it takes to help the team even if they don't have the greatest underlying skill set. 

Bains has turned himself into a good PK guy (as Burrows did), stands up for his teammates (as Burrows did) and works hard every shift (once again like Burrows).

Higgins and Pearson were both first round picks and had more natural ability so their stories are a bit different.

I doubt if Bains starts the season in Vancouver next year but if he continues to make progress I could see him as a call-up during the season or making the team out of camp the following year.. He could be an iideal bottom-6 guy who kills penalties, can play shutdown, plays a high energy game, adds to team toughness, and can provide secondary scoring. And, who knows, maybe he ends up on a line with Petey and Kuz (as Burrows did with the Sedins), although I admit that is unlikely.

No East Coast League for Bains. It sounds like he has a good enough d-side game to be able to play a 4th line. Combine that with scoring potential and he looks really good. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

At some point, people are going to have to accept, a kid who keeps shattering expectations, is a pretty darn good player. I love this kid, because of how hard he's worked to get to where he is. I hope he keeps progressing. I think we could have a burrows 2.0 here, not just from the undrafted issue, but from the work, desire, compete level etc. When a Sutter says you know how to compete, there's alot of compete there. Keep developing this kid Canucks / Abby, we may have a nice 3/4th line gem.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1