To VAN:

Marino

Kapanen

Rodriguez

1st

Rodrigues has more points than Boeser.

Marino is better than Poolman.

Dickinson is worse than Kapanen.

How does this make the Pens better? It doesn’t make sense. That’s why the Pens aren’t a good trading partner.

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If it means we get to send Poolman back...?

And I actually think Kapanen might just mesh really well with Horvat.

This exactly. Boeser + Poolman for Marino +Kapanen/Rod is a cap in/out scenario. We get an extra pick/prospect for giving up the best player.

Please keep in mind that Kap is currently their version of Chiasson being healthy scratched the last two games. He’s streaky and inconsistent too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How does this make the Pens better? It doesn’t make sense. That’s why the Pens aren’t a good trading partner.

Rodrigues was playing with Malkin tho 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Read that article from a Pens perspective.  The guy already said Marino, Rodriguez, and a 1st for Garland would be a fair deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Both teams are in LTIR so cap numbers have to match to make a deal.

Boeser and Poolman for Marino, Kapanen and Rodrigues work for cap purposes.  If we can get a 2nd round pick as well that would seal the deal.

We aren't trading Boeser.  JR is a very experienced hockey man.  He knows it's impossible to find guys who can score clean.  

the trade will be Garland.  it might grow to include Hamonik and Dicky.  

We get back Marino.  If we add those other two then they put in Kapanen and Rodriquez 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Read that article from a Pens perspective.  The guy already said Marino, Rodriguez, and a 1st for Garland would be a fair deal.

Basically means other fans value Garland quite a bit, which they should.

I’m not in favour of trading him though.

If we’re trading a top 9 forward it needs to be for a young impact D man. Marino doesn’t really represent anything we can’t find at any point with lesser assets.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Is that fair for us though?  Aren't we taking back too much cap?  I'm thinking the Pens will have to take Dickinson or Hamonic (maybe both) to balance the trade.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Basically means other fans value Garland quite a bit, which they should.

I’m not in favour of trading him though.

If we’re trading a top 9 forward it needs to be for a young impact D man. Marino doesn’t really represent anything we can’t find at any point with lesser assets.

Boeser is a much better player than Garland.  Plus, he's a lot bigger and playes better along the walls.  We are keeping and re-signing Boeser.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We aren't trading Boeser.  JR is a very experienced hockey man.  He knows it's impossible to find guys who can score clean.  

the trade will be Garland.  it might grow to include Hamonik and Dicky.  

We get back Marino.  If we add those other two then they put in Kapanen and Rodriquez 

Garland is more productive than Boeser based on his contract.  Garland at $5 million is better value than Boeser at $7 million...

Just now, Alflives said:

Boeser is a much better player than Garland.  Plus, he's a lot bigger and playes better along the walls.  We are keeping and re-signing Boeser.  

I agree. And we should be keeping Garland too.

Dump redundant guys like Dickinson and Poolman. Look to replace Hamonic in the offseason.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He would be getting Boesers minutes here though.

Also he must be a good player to get those minutes.

Zucker is on LTIR so Rodrigues was kind of acting as fill in. They’ve suffered a few injuries last couple seasons so they’ve  had to shuffle their lineup and run the blender like we did. Luckily guys like Rust stepped up and became fixtures on the top 2 lines. Carter has played well for them too. Ideally Rodrigues is a 3rd liner who played above his expectation. He’s kind of coming back down to earth though and Pens are cycling some younger players through the top 9 to see what they have.
the Pens broadcast guys were saying just that last game I saw. 

basically any deal with the Pens they will be looking to offload some excess in guys like Kap, Rodrigues, and I hope we stay away

Edited by RWJC

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Which stat shows that Boeser plays big along the walls and actually contributes offensively?

Scoring     Goals Assists                
Rk Date Tm   Opp   G A PTS +/- PIM EV PP SH GW EV PP SH S S% SHFT TOI HIT BLK FOW FOL FO%
1 2022-03-11 VAN   WSH L-OT 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0   22 19:38 0 0 0 0  
2 2022-03-09 VAN   MTL W 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 4 25.0 18 16:31 0 0 1 0 100.0
3 2022-03-05 VAN @ TOR W 1 1 2 -1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 4 25.0 20 15:09 1 0 0 0  
4 2022-03-03 VAN @ NYI W 0 1 1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 0.0 19 17:45 1 0 0 0  
5 2022-02-28 VAN @ NJD L 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0.0 19 17:29 1 0 0 0

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Garland is more productive than Boeser based on his contract.  Garland at $5 million is better value than Boeser at $7 million...

So is Garland better than you too?  Garland is the man out on this team.  He's not getting any cherry time.  Other teams love him and he's on a great number for a long term right through his prime.  JR is moving out Garland for the Marino guy, Kapanen, and a first.  We are sending Hamonic their way too to balance the cap.

• Like 1

Just now, Alflives said:

So is Garland better than you too?  Garland is the man out on this team.  He's not getting any cherry time.  Other teams love him and he's on a great number for a long term right through his prime.  JR is moving out Garland for the Marino guy, Kapanen, and a first.  We are sending Hamonic their way too to balance the cap.

Garland can't even hold my jock strap...  :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Plus unfortunately Garland is trending down a bit under Bruce. The writing may be on the wall for him (as my eyes start tearing up)

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Actually let me make it better...

To PITT:

Garland

Dickinson

Poolman

To VAN:

Marino

Kapanen

Rodriguez

1st

I’m not a fan of trading Garland, but that’s a deal that obviously makes us better and aside from liking Garland, I think this trade is a no brainer. 

Getting rid of Dickinson and Poolman and rounding out our top 9 and top 4 would completely change the team for the better. And getting a 1st round pick in return to boot.

Pearson/Miller/Boeser

Hoglander/Petey/Rodriguez

Kapanen/Horvat/Podkolzin

Motte/Lammy/Highmore

Chaisson

Hughes/Schenn

OEL/Marino

Hamonic/Myers

Burroughs

That is one helluva good team.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Which stat shows that Boeser plays big along the walls and actually contributes offensively?

Scoring     Goals Assists                
Rk Date Tm   Opp   G A PTS +/- PIM EV PP SH GW EV PP SH S S% SHFT TOI HIT BLK FOW FOL FO%
1 2022-03-11 VAN   WSH L-OT 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0   22 19:38 0 0 0 0  
2 2022-03-09 VAN   MTL W 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 4 25.0 18 16:31 0 0 1 0 100.0
3 2022-03-05 VAN @ TOR W 1 1 2 -1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 4 25.0 20 15:09 1 0 0 0  
4 2022-03-03 VAN @ NYI W 0 1 1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 0.0 19 17:45 1 0 0 0  
5 2022-02-28 VAN @ NJD L 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0.0 19 17:29 1 0 0 0

Boeser is top in the league in board battles.  He's got a shot that beats goalies clean.  He's just entering his prime.  We ain't trading him for scrubs.  Garland is the man out because he's an average player, and very replaceable.  

Garland is a good as gone already.  I doubt he plays tomorrow.

We will dump Dickinson and Hamonic on them too.