The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday March 17 Detroit Red Wings (24-29-7) @ Vancouver Canucks (30-24-7) Rogers Arena 7:00 PDST SNP TV 650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

images.jpeg.0770522beca050bdc88b649bd8e6da4a.jpeg

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

This should be an easy win but the Red Wings are a bit like NJD - they're young and they can fly. We've got to be ready again and not let in early goals, and should be able to take care of business. 

Vegas plays Florida which should be an easy L but Dallas will probably romp Montreal. In any case, we may well be in a playoff spot for a few hours. Huge building block before the back to back which we'll surely drop at least 1 game so have to win this one.

3-0 Canucks

No such thing as an easy win.

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Well Gretzky of course.  51 games,   153 points.   Kind of makes you laugh right?   He's the only player other then Mario, that made hyperbole seem understated.    Oh and "only" 61 of those points were goals.    

Edit:  Only Mario and Gretzky had consecutive point streaks of 100 plus points.  Wayne did it twice.   Crosby best was 25 games with 50 points....in an era with no redline etc. 

true no red line, but gretzky was dealing with cardboard cutouts for goalies

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Do not start Halak Saturday.

I’m going to that game.

I bought tickets for a customer to that game. It was that or Detroit but there’s nothing sweater then beating the Flames. If they are starting Halak that game they are throwing it away. Halak actually has a chance to beat Buffalo 

6 minutes ago, cowboy644 said:

Wow.Petterson gets put on a line with a slug in Chaisson and a part time NHLer in Petan.I have no idea.Shakes head.

The Lammikko/Motte/Highmore line is blessed with speed and playing good 2 way hockey. BB can give Petey a favorable line match with last change.

• Vintage 1