The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Buffalo Sabres @ Vancouver Canucks | 20 March 2022 | 7:00pm @ The Rog (Buyers or Sellers Edition!)

Rate this topic

diesel_3

• -DLC- featured and pinned this topic
7 minutes ago, Devron said:

I was trying to respond to your last message but it was locked haha.

Have fun at the game Deb. Let’s hope the boys get the dub. No matter what happens cheer for dubs :towel:

Thanks my friend.

I'm just thankful to have games at this point that COULD possibly mean something, even if it's becoming out of reach with each loss (and scoreboards that don't help us).

The sad thing is that even if they have a convincing, great win it won't stop the momentum unless it's followed by consecutive wins. I still hold out hope because why would I even watch if I didn't? Happy to have hockey, that's all.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The result of tonight’s game shouldn’t matter too much on how we approach the trade deadline. Hopefully, we’re looking into being sellers and getting some value in return.

Was listening to the post game on the drive home last night and they made some interesting points about how the deadline isn't always the best window of opportunity for these trades. That sometimes the offseason, after teams have failed to meet their targets and are more open to letting go rather than holding on, gets even better value than teams trying to upgrade for the playoff push. It was a good take.

• Cheers 2

Salty in here today.

I was also going to post in the PGT that:

"I am not sure that it is a given that Halak will not start tonight."

Demko may still need rest and (go ahead, shoot me) Halak is still a good goalie.

This is also a chance for him to redeem himself somewhat and make himself a more valuable member of the team.

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Thanks my friend.

I'm just thankful to have games at this point that COULD possibly mean something, even if it's becoming out of reach with each loss (and scoreboards that don't help us).

The sad thing is that even if they have a convincing, great win it won't stop the momentum unless it's followed by consecutive wins. I still hold out hope because why would I even watch if I didn't?

Yup point is. Wins are fun and hey win a few in a row and we are back in it. Just have to see what happens. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Was listening to the post game on the drive home last night and they made some interesting points about how the deadline isn't always the best window of opportunity for these trades. That sometimes the offseason, after teams have failed to meet their targets and are more open to letting go rather than holding on, gets even better value than teams trying to upgrade for the playoff push. It was a good take.

I could see the bigger trades happening during the summer, unless an offer comes for one of our core players that you can refuse. But we really need to look into selling some of our bottom-six players that playoffs teams are willing to give up assets for.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Salty in here today.

I was also going to post in the PGT that:

"I am not sure that it is a given that Halak will not start tonight."

Demko may still need rest and (go ahead, shoot me) Halak is still a good goalie.

This is also a chance for him to redeem himself somewhat and make himself a more valuable member of the team.

I actually hope he does start and has a great game. For Demko's sake more than anything.

• Cheers 4

Always cheer for the team, and I always watch until the last minute.

(When Simpson or Callywhacker are on, I cannot listen though.)

The boys still have to go out on the ice and finish the game, and I like to see who does what.

The Motto Line was still pushing hard right to the end (hope Highmore is ok).

Same with the BC Lions; even if the game is out of reach I watch until the end.

The players have to line up, play after play, against the same guys who have been beating them all day.

It takes fortitude, and I like to see who lifts the teams through bad spells.

Win tonight, and we can reset all these posts, lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlphaNuck said:

Any one know what time vintage is getting up tomorrow? So I can set my alarm clock

I just typed !breakstatus in his command prompt and it says he will dim his lights from 0200h-0205h 21-03-2022

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Going to the game, been awhile since I've done back to backs and I'm excited to move on from last night.

Let's go boys, finish strong no matter what the outcome is. 

I hope you have nicer people in your section, and no one smells like Calgary :P  GCG!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AlphaNuck said:

Any one know what time vintage is getting up tomorrow? So I can set my alarm clock

VIntage doesnt sleep! Vintage  once posted a clip of Manukyan scoring a goal in the KHL B league at 3am.  

• Haha 4