The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Buffalo Sabres @ Vancouver Canucks | 20 March 2022 | 7:00pm @ The Rog (Buyers or Sellers Edition!)

Rate this topic

diesel_3

13 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

SELLERS!!!!! Our roster isn't even deep enough to make the playoffs, Look at the teams ahead of us.. Many have STACKED prospect pools as well. We need to get going with our retool. Hopefully rangers or avs hit the panic button :towel:

Get some sick assets back and mount a huge winning streak in spite of the trades. Go big or go home :P

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Real shame that a "bounce-back" is to be expected at this stage of the season. 

Hate to say this about our beloved Cancks...the last two games have essentially sealed the hopes for a playoff berth.  Best thing now is for JR/PA to start thinking about the next two to three seasons and acting on how best to position the team for success for seasons to come.

I can't see how it is acceptable to JR/PA/SS/FA/et. al. to see the opposing teams come in and slap the Canucks around like they do so often in the first period.  Rogers Arena is probably the easiest rink for opposing teams to play in thanks to the buttery soft team that the Canucks are. 

I'm expecting the Sabres to come in and impose their will on the Canucks early on.  With the effort they showed last night in what was arguably the most important game of the season last night, why would anyone expect a different effort tonight?  Time to take this version of the Canucks and take it to the back of the barn for the season.  I hope Halak starts tonight.  I'd rather see the inevitable begin now than later.

I have been sick of how soft this team is for a very long time; the Marchand speedbagging of Danny was not the beginning for me.

I have (more or less) stopped complaining about it on here because the newer generations always call me out, 'the game has changed' etc.

I still think you can only afford a couple or at most 3 smaller, softer players, and those players have to be your absolute superstars.

If we are keeping Quinn, and I think we are, then we can't have Rathbone, Garland, Hunt, Petan, perhaps Hoglander, etc.

We need a couple knuckle-draggers who are also smart, like Tim Hunter for example, and that know when to go and when to go light.

Gudbranson got away with a crosscheck on Petey that sent him to the ice, in part because he is twice as meaty as Petey.

And, how in the hell are you going to crash the net, create traffic in front, etc if you are easily pushed around?

When JR really gets going here, I hope he brings in some big, fast, and smart wingers who can drop 'em and go a few rounds.

Change the unis back to Black etc., this blue and green looks lovely at Butchart Frikkn Gardens!

I remember at the time, the psychologist or whoever it was said the old colours were too quiet or something.

Then they went with the new colours and iced a team that took no prisoners.

And that team went all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals when nobody thought they would.

End rant.  (Just sick of getting pushed around.  Kick somebody if you have to; how 'bout K'Puke when he's layin' on the ice, two-hand slashing Schenn; incidentally with another non-call.)  Aaaarrrrghh!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canuckfromlangley said:

Eager to play today. What a ridiculous statement after last nights pathetic performance. unless they want one last shot to impress before the trade deadline. Maybe another team will want them.

Eager to play in which periods???

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, canuckfromlangley said:

Eager to play today. What a ridiculous statement after last nights pathetic performance. unless they want one last shot to impress before the trade deadline. Maybe another team will want them.

Cant take their TV answers literally. It's just a media performance and they are not good at interviews.  Kids who have one skill all their lives, which is to play hockey.  

• Cheers 1