The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Buffalo Sabres @ Vancouver Canucks | 20 March 2022 | 7:00pm @ The Rog (Buyers or Sellers Edition!)

Rate this topic

diesel_3

Expecting a bounce-back game, especially from our top guns.

Will also be interesting to see if any boo-birds come out if Halak starts tonight, especially if he lets in another softy or 2. He’s still our backup and wears a Canucks jersey, so for his sake and ours… I hope he shuts the door and gets cheered on after a rocky few weeks.

Let’s go boys!! Win or lose, proud of how they really made a push and entertained us after TG’s firing.

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Could be. I know it isn't human.

Whatever he is, he seems to remember the most obscure hockey stuff so I'm sticking with elephant 

Regardless, I'm glad he's here instead of HF because I'm lazy and he posts everything 

• Vintage 2

38 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Going to the game, been awhile since I've done back to backs and I'm excited to move on from last night.

Let's go boys, finish strong no matter what the outcome is. 

Enjoy the game Deb. Cheer the boys on loud and proud. Tough one last night. Hopefully the boys put on a show and a much better result this time around :) 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Expecting a bounce-back game, especially from our top guns.

Will also be interesting to see if any boo-birds come out if Halak starts tonight, especially if he lets in another softy or 2. He’s still our backup and wears a Canucks jersey, so for his sake and ours… I hope he shuts the door and gets cheered on after a rocky few weeks.

Let’s go boys!! Win or lose, proud of how they really made a push and entertained us after TG’s firing.

Real shame that a "bounce-back" is to be expected at this stage of the season. 

Hate to say this about our beloved Cancks...the last two games have essentially sealed the hopes for a playoff berth.  Best thing now is for JR/PA to start thinking about the next two to three seasons and acting on how best to position the team for success for seasons to come.

I can't see how it is acceptable to JR/PA/SS/FA/et. al. to see the opposing teams come in and slap the Canucks around like they do so often in the first period.  Rogers Arena is probably the easiest rink for opposing teams to play in thanks to the buttery soft team that the Canucks are. 

I'm expecting the Sabres to come in and impose their will on the Canucks early on.  With the effort they showed last night in what was arguably the most important game of the season last night, why would anyone expect a different effort tonight?  Time to take this version of the Canucks and take it to the back of the barn for the season.  I hope Halak starts tonight.  I'd rather see the inevitable begin now than later.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Darius said:

The other bonus about this game is we wont have to endure a spouse of the opposition's management team being part of the play by play broadcast.

Oh man, I forgot that part...glad I was at the game watching live with a bunch of stinky animals. Could've been worse!

• Haha 3

Turned off last nights game at 3-0 because I couldn't bear losing to the Flames in a blow out AND listen to that hack Cassie Campbell at the same time. 

Hopefully tonight's game scrubs it from my brain. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 3