The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elon Musk Officially Purchases Twitter, Takes Company Private

Wait, you mean Musk only supports free speech for the right wing conservatives he supports? Didn’t see that coming that his mission for “free speech” is a farce to get gullible morons to support him without them or him actually being in support of the speech he doesn’t like or support. Ample evidence in this thread of that one. If you support free speech, support it all and be consistent in calling out Musk for restricting those he disagrees with otherwise you don’t actually have any beliefs, you have an agenda.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

19 hours ago, Master Mind said:

I did address the increase, perhaps I wasn't clear enough earlier.

I think the increase is due to people posting it to test if it will get taken down. If people are believing that everything is allowed (untrue), then there would surely be a bunch of people wanting to test that firsthand.

And I think there are groups of people posting it in an effort to drive up the % to make Musk look bad. This wouldn't be the first co-ordinated troll campaign, whether it's with bots or people.

I think after some time it'll regress down to what it was before (approximately).

Yeah you weren’t clear about this at all. Had you stated this I wouldn’t have responded. Appreciate the clarification. It’s a reasonable theory, but I hope that if it doesn’t regress you’ll follow through on your stated support for restricting racist tweets. Me personally, I’ve learned many times over the years how the “free speech” advocates like Musk aren’t actually in support of all free speech, but only the right-wing and bigotry speech, so put me in the I don’t think he lifts a finger to fix the problem camp. We’ll see who ends up correct in the coming months of which we already have some evidence of hypocrisy on his end.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay

Twitter to introduce 'Official' label for some verified accounts

https://www.reuters.com/technology/twitter-introduce-official-label-select-verified-accounts-2022-11-08/

Nov 8 (Reuters) - Billionaire Elon Musk's social media platform Twitter will introduce an "Official" label for select verified accounts including major media outlets and governments when it launches its new $8 premium subscription product, its early stage products executive Esther Crawford said on Tuesday.

Crawford also confirmed that the revamped Twitter Blue subscription product, which will allow paid users to have their accounts verified with a blue checkmark, will not verify users' identities with identification cards or materials.

The lack of ID verification is likely to raise concerns about the possibility of people impersonating public figures.

Already, such concerns have caused Twitter to hold off on launching the new version of Twitter Blue until after the U.S. midterm elections on Tuesday, tweeted Yoel Roth, Twitter's head of safety and integrity.

Fake accounts for government officials are a recurring issue for Twitter globally, according to sources familiar with the matter and researchers.

Not all Twitter accounts that were previously verified with a blue check mark will get the "Official" label and the label is not available for purchase, Crawford said.

Accounts that will receive the official label include governments, commercial companies, business partners, major media outlets, publishers and some other public figures, she tweeted.

The announcement for the new label comes after an internal push by Twitter policy executives, who had strong concerns about government officials around the world being unlikely and unwilling to pay for verified check marks, one source with knowledge of the matter told Reuters.

Twitter, which has lost many members of its communication team, did not respond to a request for further comment.

Crawford added on Tuesday that Twitter will "continue to experiment with ways to differentiate between account types."

Elon Musk sells at least $3.95 billion worth of Tesla shares after Twitter deal

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/08/elon-musk-sells-at-least-3point95-billion-worth-of-tesla-shares.html

Hmm, remember when he said this in April...

Elon Musk sells $4B in Tesla stock, announces no further sales planned

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/elon-musk-sells-4b-in-tesla-stock-announces-no-further-sales-planned

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

OK but it’ll cost you $8 per month otherwise how will we know you’re not just some old besotted codger impersonating a Melmackian cat-eater?

Good point.  That 8 bucks is better spent on scotch. I’ll just keep reading CDC to get my laughs. :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Playoff Beered said:

Elon Musk sells at least $3.95 billion worth of Tesla shares after Twitter deal

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/08/elon-musk-sells-at-least-3point95-billion-worth-of-tesla-shares.html

Hmm, remember when he said this in April...

Elon Musk sells $4B in Tesla stock, announces no further sales planned

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/elon-musk-sells-4b-in-tesla-stock-announces-no-further-sales-planned

Selling off billions of Tesla stocks while poaching Tesla engineers to help with his vanity project should go over well with big time Tesla investors. 

• Cheers 1