The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elon Musk Officially Purchases Twitter, Takes Company Private

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I gave my thought quite clearly. Elon is one of the biggest targets in the world right now, if someone tried to stop a car his kid was travelling in then this is a rational move for any parent. It's nothing to do with whether you like/hate Elon.

It's also nothing to do with a reporter linking to a site that tracks Elon's jet....

If Elon is going to ban a guy, and anyone that links to that guys account, for publishing publicly available information then:

Should he not have the intestinal fortitude to ban every single government or political account as the government allows this info to be public, and politicians are part of the government?

Go for  it Elon!!

Dump the White House and all those government folk. BE consistent.

FWIW, I just watched an interview with CNN's Donie O'Sullivan and he said he didn't link to anything. He was reporting on the Elon Jet account suspension, but he didn't post any links to the site.....

I know some folks think of CNN as nothing by "Fake News!", but I'll believe Donie long before I believe a word that comes out of Elon's mouth. I think he's been lying through his teeth since this whole Twitter fiasco began....

Thing is nobody has revealed Elon's  location.

They did reveal where his plane was/is.

This guy is supposedly so smart, but keeps yapping about HIs exact location being revealed.   

moran.jpg.38ef28d48194d9db2a3494c901ed4a19.jpg

My car is often many miles from my actual location, and planes, being stuck at the airport would be even further.

Edited by Gurn

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

FWIW, I just watched an interview with CNN's Donie O'Sullivan and he said he didn't link to anything. He was reporting on the Elon Jet account suspension, but he didn't post any links to the site.....

I know some folks think of CNN as nothing by "Fake News!", but I'll believe Donie long before I believe a word that comes out of Elon's mouth. I think he's been lying through his teeth since this whole Twitter fiasco began....

CNN is the Alf’s only source of US news.  Is there a more respected reporter than Christiane Amanpour?  Anderson Cooper is responsible too.  Wolf Blitzer!  Musk is an idiot to be pushing that company away.  I think Musk missed the mark on deciding who buys Teslas.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's also nothing to do with a reporter linking to a site that tracks Elon's jet....

I posted a tweet elsewhere in this thread but Elon had applied for some kind of protection against his private jet, therefore making it illegal apparently.

I'm not trying to say anyone shouldn't have a negative opinion of Elon. So I'll ask again, how does it make sense strategically (from the Anti-Elon POV) for anyone to do this?

9 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Do you know this to be true?

Before EM took over Twitter there were probably like 12 people that had heard of Mastodon.You have to know what you’re looking for on Mastadon so it’s certainly not a good platform for introducing new ideas/thoughts.

Musk tried to buy the elonjet site from Jack Sweeney but the kid wouldn’t budge. Now that he has banned him and any journalist who talks about or links to the platform he should expect a huge uptick in interest about the site. The Streisand effect is real.

6009E4AD-8E97-4BD9-ADE0-E716FD0C0FBA.jpeg

From what I understand - I haven't done a deep dive - the Mastadon Twitter account was one of the first ones posting this on Twitter (either the information itself or that it was on Mastadon) & therefore one of the first ones Twitter banned in this ordeal.

I know Mastadon wasn't well know before EM took over (I had no clue about it) but that seems to be the site most Anti-Elon folks are choosing as an alternative so it makes sense from that perspective.

I've struggled to make sense of this strategically, but you make a good point about the Streisand effect & maybe that was the strategy here. Keith Olbermann seems quite happy to be a Martyr so... I dunno.

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Musk and Musk fans:  Tracking people is wrong.  

Also Musk

Thanks for confirming I'm a Musk fan, I'm now going to get a Musk tattoo on the opposite cheek from my Trump Tattoo so that they can stare happily at each other. 

9 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

You questioned someone who said Musk doesn’t care about all his family, did you not? I posted evidence that yes, it’s true he doesn’t care about all his family. Does family safety not also include having your child feel safe when they’re with their parents? Or does it only count if other people allegedly make your child feel unsafe? See, you’re coming at this from the point of believing what Musk says happened. We have no proof of that.

No police were called or report was filed (the police actually had to reach out to him first after learning about this incident on social media). For such a traumatic incident he claims happened one would think the father would immediately file a police complaint in the interest of preventing that supposed awful act against his child from happening again right? There’s also the easily accessible cameras in all teslas where he can post the footage to verify the claims of what he said happened. Yet he hasn’t posted a very concrete way to verify his story.

If that was what actually happened then yes the person that was following the car, blocked it from moving and jumping on the hood of the car was an idiot and it shouldn’t have happened. There’s differing levels of danger/intimidation though. Did the person just do that or did they do something more serious like issuing threats or carrying a weapon? Did they immediately stop once finding out Musk wasn’t in the car or did they continue scaring the child?

One thing that is certain is he posted the license plate of a car publicly. He doxxed a person. Given the extremism/crazy of many people in the US does that person who owns the car now face a greater danger? Like death threats or damaging their vehicle/home or phone calls and stalking to intimidate them? Which is the worse act to do? Does that person deserve all of what the internet psychos will be giving to them for daring to cross someone they revere? Or are they the bigger victim here?

Ok, so let’s assume his plane is eligible and has a PIA requested, granted and verified. I looked up the page for it to understand the details. It’s not absolute. In fact, the flights Musk has been complaining about are exempted from the PIA.

https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/technology/equipadsb/privacy

Where can I fly using the PIA?

This program is intended for flights that start, terminate, and transit only within the territorial airspace of the United States (the airspace above the contiguous United States, Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories, and U.S. territorial waters).

A few examples are:

• A flight from NYC to LA is allowed.
  • A flight from Miami to Houston, over the Gulf of Mexico, is not allowed.
  • A flight from LA to Hawaii is not allowed, but a flight within a Hawaiian island (e.g. Honolulu to Kailua) is allowed.
  • A flight from NYC to London is not allowed.

When using a PIA, flight operations are only permitted outside U.S. territorial airspace when temporarily directed by ATC, such as, but not limited to, vectoring to avoid weather, or while on departures/approaches from coastal airports.

I was steel-manning his perspective. I never said you can't still believe he's full of crap. That's your right & I'm not interested in changing your mind.

Is the license plate enough data for you to know who's owns the car or where they are in real time? If not it doesn't seem to be the same, as the real-time tracking is the big thing. Why even defending this incident? Again I don't understand strategically how this makes any sense. I'm not a fan of Trudeau for example but I wouldn't advocate or defend this happening to him/his family. And I'm pretty sure the flight was within the US (based on a screen grab I saw of the original Sweeny tweet), but I could be wrong if you have more information?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Thanks for confirming I'm a Musk fan, I'm now going to get a Musk tattoo on the opposite cheek from my Trump Tattoo so that they can stare happily at each other. 

I was steel-manning his perspective. I never said you can't still believe he's full of crap. That's your right & I'm not interested in changing your mind.

Is the license plate enough data for you to know who's owns the car or where they are in real time? If not it doesn't seem to be the same, as the real-time tracking is the big thing. Why even defending this incident? Again I don't understand strategically how this makes any sense. I'm not a fan of Trudeau for example but I wouldn't advocate or defend this happening to him/his family. And I'm pretty sure the flight was within the US (based on a screen grab I saw of the original Sweeny tweet), but I could be wrong if you have more information?

What's your take on the fact he made no police report about his son being stalked?

• Cheers 1

Just now, Playoff Beered said:

What's your take on the fact he made no police report about his son being stalked?

Idk on the surface it seems odd, but if your the richest man in the world a local police department is probably down the list on your accessible resources.

I guess we could go down the conspiracy road but Keith Olbermann is an odd target in that case.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Idk on the surface it seems odd, but if your the richest man in the world a local police department is probably down the list on your accessible resources.

I guess we could go down the conspiracy road but Keith Olbermann is an odd target in that case.

Odd indeed, and I would assume there is a security detail around him and immediate family at all times, it kinda goes with the territory of being super rich. I read an article a few years ago about what these folks pay for security and its in the millions a year per person. Bezos, Zuckerberg etc.

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Odd indeed, and I would assume there is a security detail around him and immediate family at all times, it kinda goes with the territory of being super rich. I read an article a few years ago about what these folks pay for security and its in the millions a year per person. Bezos, Zuckerberg etc.

I would assume so. If I'm trying to star-man his perspective; he was already the richest man in the world & he's definitely become more of a target since buying twitter + advocating people to vote republican (LOL), so I can understand taking any measure available since he owns the platform. I would do the same in his situation.

And honestly it doesn't seem like an inconsistently either b/c when asked of re-instating Alex Jones he said "My firstborn child died in my arms. I felt his last heartbeat. I have no mercy for anyone who would use the deaths of children for gain, politics or fame." despite saying he was going to grant a general amnesty & being a "free speech absolutist" so... 

I'm not really sure where I'm at with him buying twitter, but the drama has been entertaining. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I would assume so. If I'm trying to star-man his perspective; he was already the richest man in the world & he's definitely become more of a target since buying twitter + advocating people to vote republican (LOL), so I can understand taking any measure available since he owns the platform. I would do the same in his situation.

And honestly it doesn't seem like an inconsistently either b/c when asked of re-instating Alex Jones he said "My firstborn child died in my arms. I felt his last heartbeat. I have no mercy for anyone who would use the deaths of children for gain, politics or fame." despite saying he was going to grant a general amnesty & being a "free speech absolutist" so... 

I'm not really sure where I'm at with him buying twitter, but the drama has been entertaining. 

no mercy for anyone who would use the deaths of children for gain, politics or fame,

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1