The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Possible 4th line LW (Motte) replacement targets for next year

Preferred target for Lammikko wing:  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think this organisation is just going to groom Lockwood to be the next Motte, they're very similar players, cheaper and maybe a bit more offensive upside. What I'd much rather spend money on is signing a 3C like Chris Tierney (3.5m x 3 yrs, similar to Pearson's contract) and let some dead-weight go (Petan, Richardson, Dickinson cap dump for a very late pick), and structure our forwards like this:

Pettersson - Miller - Garland

Boeser - Horvat - Podkolzin

Pearson - Tierney - Chiasson

Highmore - Lammikko - Lockwood

Yea, I've been impressed with Lockwood so far, each game he seems to look better and more physical.

I like Tierney too. It's too bad Dickinson hasn't turned out to be that ideal 3C yet - I have a feeling he may get another shot to start next season cuz his cap will be difficult to move. Who knows though, Allvin got a 3rd for Hamonic.

Maybe we should fill all the Canucks holes with Bo Horvat Memorial Cup run London Knight era alumni UFAs: Max Domi, Tierny, Zadorov & Maata

Podkolzin - Miller - Petey

Domi - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Tierny - Hoglander

Richardson

Hughes - Zadorov

OEL - Myers

Maata - Dermott/Burroughs

Burroughs/Dermott, Schenn

Out: Poolman, Boeser

:P

8 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Yea, I've been impressed with Lockwood so far, each game he seems to look better and more physical.

I like Tierney too. It's too bad Dickinson hasn't turned out to be that ideal 3C yet - I have a feeling he may get another shot to start next season cuz his cap will be difficult to move. Who knows though, Allvin got a 3rd for Hamonic.

Maybe we should fill all the Canucks holes with Bo Horvat Memorial Cup run London Knight era alumni UFAs: Max Domi, Tierny, Zadorov & Maata

Podkolzin - Miller - Petey

Domi - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Tierny - Hoglander

Richardson

Hughes - Zadorov

OEL - Myers

Maata - Dermott/Burroughs

Burroughs/Dermott, Schenn

Out: Poolman, Boeser

:P

ideal? I'd settle for slightly below average. DIckie has been terrible in that role, totally miscast. If we can't move him this offseason I'd put him on waivers, someone might take him for free.

I think our 4th line is pretty much set..................Highmore, Lammikko, and Lockwood

Lockwood has stepped in and done a great job and we need his ELC, so I think that is a done deal.

Not a great idea to be looking for more when we have bigger questions..........aka 3rd line center and 1st pairing RHD

• Vintage 1

Would love Sturm + one of Paul/Tierney this summer to replace C depth lost when we move Miller.

Acciari is also a hell of a player but it's hurt a LOT. Also from and send to prefer playing on the east coast IIRC.

Edited by aGENT

1 hour ago, zzbottom said:

Considering Motte has been a nonfactor in New York and a healthy scratch (surprise, surprise), I'm sure Vancouver could easily bring him back. It was the system, not the player. 

• Cheers 2

20 hours ago, zzbottom said:

Considering Motte has been a nonfactor in New York and a healthy scratch (surprise, surprise), I'm sure Vancouver could easily bring him back. It was the system, not the player. 

Motte was a positive factor for the team under multiple different coach's systems.

He's also not a healthy scratch, he was injured. But he was already useful on the PK in NYR despite being new.