The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Canucks end of season media availability

Rate this topic

Pretty interesting presser. Almost seemed like JR and PA were both becoming annoyed at Drance's questions.

Some things that struck me:

- They left Miller out of the conversation, for the most part. Mentioned the young core (mid 20s and younger), also mentioned the some players could still become superstars (Pettersson, Hughes and Demko).  No mention of Miller, only to say they would reach out to his agent in the off season. Now I think Miller is going to be traded again. :frantic:

Make a splash Jimmy!  Miller and the #15 for a Top 3. :ph34r:

- The D needs to be better, defensive zone exits one of the worst in the league, and they rely too heavily on Demko. Right away I thought of Tyler Myers when it comes to gaffs and mistakes, unable to clear the puck, and I think him and his $6 salary are going to be traded. They want to improve the D. I'm all for that. 

-  Players will be gone if they don't listen to the coach.  Hello JT Miller!  

Edit - Okay, I'm being a little sarcastic, but I believe Miller was one of the main characters who got Green fired. He's a hothead and brash at times, and who knows what happened in that room earlier in the season.

Edited by NUCKER67

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Pretty interesting presser. Almost seemed like JR and PA were both becoming annoyed at Drance's questions.

Some things that struck me:

- They left Miller out of the conversation, for the most part. Mentioned the young core (mid 20s and younger), also mentioned the some players could still become superstars (Pettersson, Hughes and Demko).  No mention of Miller, only to say they would reach out to his agent in the off season. Now I think Miller is going to be traded again. :frantic:

Make a splash Jimmy!  Miller and the #15 for a Top 3. :ph34r:

- The D needs to be better, defensive zone exits one of the worst in the league, and they rely too heavily on Demko. Right away I thought of Tyler Myers when it comes to gaffs and mistakes, unable to clear the puck, and I think him and his $6 salary are going to be traded. They want to improve the D. I'm all for that. 

-  Players will be gone if they don't listen to the coach.  Hello JT Miller!  

I noticed a bit of that as well.  PA seemed to have more to say about Horvat when asked about the two.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:01 PM, gurn said:

true- but we should remember Travis Green was re-signed because the player gave glowing exit interviews about Travis-at least JB said so.

Hope Bruce is back, heck of a coach, but anything said to the media, by anyone, should be examined  for intent.

A lot of what is said is just babble to fill air time, and story content.

That was the radio guys man they pumped his tires. It was pathetic. Also a couple of print guys too. They wouldn't unglued their lips from Green's butt. 

5 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Nothing in that presser indicated that they had made up their minds to move Miller.  

I'm sure if they can't reach a reasonable extension he would be on the trade block. I don't think its Miller at any cost. They also don't have to do anything, he's on a great deal right now. We might be better off waiting until after the draft anyway for 2023 picks if it indeed goes to a trade. But nothing I heard made me think a deal is imminent. 

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 1