The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Canucks end of season media availability

Rate this topic

19 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Now Brock's all over Twitter and everyone is weighing in with love and support. But it's glaring and attention that he likely doesn't need right now.

I mean, he's laid low with this and that should've been enough for Kuzma to respect that he isn't really wanting to take his personal stuff public. So respect that.

Do we all wonder how things are? Sure. But it doesn't mean we deserve/need to know...if Brock wanted his business out there he would've put it out there. I feel like he was blindsided.

I was exactly his age when my Mom collapsed at work and would never again be the same. I couldn't even GO to work...I was broken. I quit my job on the spot when my boss felt it was ok to demand I come back Monday (Mom's deal was on a Friday and her life threatening/saving surgery Sunday night)...he whined that I'd just been on 2 weeks vacation (I had) and "what was he supposed to do?".

I don't know...shove it? It was a good job/career....but family first. I don't know how Brock's managed to fare as well as he has, considering. He has way more class and maturity than most his age. He's a courageous, admirable man and I'm so sorry for him that he's having to go through this in the spotlight. It's amazing that he could focus at all out there, let alone regain a bit of his scoring touch. Empathy and understanding are what's needed right now and I'm glad he has an off season where he can disappear to process and be with family.

Kuzma should be ashamed for approaching this in the time/space he did. He has access...maybe grab him behind the scenes and check in with how he's doing first on a personal level. Clear it. Rather than just finding out while the tape's running.  This "scoop" should be used in the cat box.

its kind of a double edged sword though isn't it?

On one hand Kuzma is seemingly prying

but on the other hand he has released Brock from the media/fan pressure

last week 1/2 the fan base wanted Brock traded for being slow and uncommitted

now they are mad a Kuzma instead and ironically not mad at Drance.

It was a tough moment to be sure, but Brock chose to answer, and comes out looking better for it

I certainly feel a swing of support for Brock, from me and many others

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Or perhaps better yet, he could have done it without actively prying for it, such as, "You mentioned that there were some off-ice issues that affected your play.  Was there anything you feel comfortable sharing with us and the fans?"

Having said that, the fact that Brock entertained the question as it was posed does show that he's a class act.  

Summary: Kuzma needs sensitivity training.

Kuzma needs to meet Schenn (privately) in the Rogers' underground parking.

And yet had these questions not been asked, there's no doubt in my mind that 90% of the people on here would say he's a useless bum who can't skate trade him.

While I get it might be a touchy subject I'm grateful for him speaking up. It literally was the only way a bunch of the cdc would show some respect. 

• Huggy Bear 1

I blame brain fog....see the Bruce interview updates were here. 

I scattered them all over the place/elsewhere.

Trying, but maybe I should just go back to bed.  :towel:

(I checked and thought "weird, why isn't VC on this?" Because he was)

• Huggy Bear 1

I found it so funny when Pettersson was getting emotional and threw it over to Hughes(who was already struggling to talk). 

Like bro give him a break errrr.. 

Edited by playboi19