The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Change of scenery [Proposal]

16 minutes ago, hammertime said:

He'd be crazy not to. They have the money, He's in the big apple, and their poised to be very very good. 

You don’t know how he feels about them as a team.  Yes. They have young talent but they still finished 5th last this season.  He may have no interest in being with a team that has potential but still hasn’t put it together.  

8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You don’t know how he feels about them as a team.  Yes. They have young talent but they still finished 5th last this season.  He may have no interest in being with a team that has potential but still hasn’t put it together.  

I can see that you will disagree with anything and everything for the pure joy of being disagreeable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I can see that you will disagree with anything and everything for the pure joy of being disagreeable. 

Or I’m using logic.  I don’t see Miller as a fit in NJ.  So yeah. I’ll disagree with any argument that isn’t based in fact.  

11 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Or I’m using logic.  I don’t see Miller as a fit in NJ.  So yeah. I’ll disagree with any argument that isn’t based in fact.  

then why come to the proposals section at all? Nothing here is fact.

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, hammertime said:

A spot Miller might end up is Montreal.  They need a number one centre.  Suzuki :lol:.  Wright. :lol:

but add Miller and Suzuki at 2 and Wright at three and that’s looking pretty good.

the thing is the Habs don’t have anything we want?  

9 minutes ago, hammertime said:

then why come to the proposals section at all? Nothing here is fact.

I can debate the fit.  You see a fit.  I don’t.  You can whine about me disagreeing or you can come up with a more convincing argument 

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I can debate the fit.  You see a fit.  I don’t.  You can whine about me disagreeing or you can come up with a more convincing argument 

Ray Charles Laugh GIF

That would be a waste of my time. I would prefer to discuss with posters who not only are open to ideas but offer their own. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Ray Charles Laugh GIF

That would be a waste of my time. I would prefer to discuss with posters who not only are open to ideas but offer their own. 

Then go ahead and put me on ignore.  No skin off my nose.

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Ray Charles Laugh GIF

Your ideas are good.  You are clearly a Canuck fan.  The poster arguing sounds like he’s not a fan of our team.  

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

A spot Miller might end up is Montreal.  They need a number one centre.  Suzuki :lol:.  Wright. :lol:

but add Miller and Suzuki at 2 and Wright at three and that’s looking pretty good.

the thing is the Habs don’t have anything we want?  

I'ma Quijibo you...... I don't see a fit Alf. :emot-parrot: MTL is gonna be bad for a long long time.

Edited by hammertime
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mll said:

NJD has 2nd overall.  It's Ottawa that has 7th overall.

Myers would be a 3rd pairing D on NJD - they have Severson and Hamilton ahead of him.  

Don't really see why Miller, who is nearing 30 and has yet to win a Cup, would want to sign with such a young team who could be several years from competing.  They don't even have a reliable starting goalie.

Miller can only sign an extension in free agency - not at the draft.  He gets to chose his team with 1 year to free agency unless they trade him as 1-year rental.

Disregard all that, I mixed up New Jersey and Ottawa. 

As far as Miller, he can sign an extension after getting traded and after free agency opens. Not that far fetched for his agent to have an agreement in mind. From his point of view it would be the area and money, again not that far fetched. Just don't see Devils giving up a 2nd overall. 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

As far as Miller, he can sign an extension after getting traded and after free agency opens. Not that far fetched for his agent to have an agreement in mind. From his point of view it would be the area and money, again not that far fetched. Just don't see Devils giving up a 2nd overall. 

If we struggle signing a long term deal with Miller why would another team not have the same issues?

jersey already has some big dollar contracts in their centres with Hughes and Heischer.  They have Dougie Hamilton on a big contract too.  I don’t see them adding a big contract for Miller.

Miller will be 30+ when his next contract starts.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Holtz +?

Looking at the playoffs PP Stats

I think one of these teams NEEDS our pp back up OEL. Watched the Canes game their PP was brutal. OEL is worth something to one of these teams. I think OEL'S compete level could be a tool in the post season.  Possibly Dallas or Florida? 

Screenshot_20220531_110921.jpg

Edited by Hairy Kneel