The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2022 Development Camp

Remember when the Canucks traded for defenceman Brown, he was key to the Canucks making a run in 1994

Then before the 2011 run the Canucks traded for Cristian Ehrhoff, he was a fast key defenceman they traded for.  
It seems like the Canucks are set to make another trade for a key defenceman for our 4 year window to win a cup. 

Prediction: The Canucks will, like they’ve done in the past trade for an impact defenceman and it will propel the Canucks into the finals again somewhere between years 2023- 2026. Maybe this time we’ll win. 

On 7/15/2022 at 7:59 PM, higgyfan said:

It's great to see the Canucks making prospect development essential to the team.  So many of the top teams

have kids from the lower rounds that develop into NHL players.  Having these young guys playing and  developing

together on the farm team and then continuing onto the parent team builds loyalty, common goals, chemistry,

confidence, friendship, common goals,etc.  These are the players that will have a pride in their team and are deeply

bonded.  Many will become friends for life.

The Canucks player development has always been terrible.  Before Woo, Gadjovich and Lind and as far as I can remember it was always horrible and never taken seriously.  This ownership is now investing substantial money to player development.  Its been a long time coming, we’re finally catching up to the good teams and how they developed their players.  Far too often our players were rushed too soon and left to develop on their own.  Player development is more that just monitoring the physical maturity of your draft picks.  I feel like the Canucks are finally being lead out of the decades long dark ages of player development 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

The Canucks player development has always been terrible.  Before Woo, Gadjovich and Lind and as far as I can remember it was always horrible and never taken seriously.  This ownership is now investing substantial money to player development.  Its been a long time coming, we’re finally catching up to the good teams and how they developed their players.  Far too often our players were rushed too soon and left to develop on their own.  Player development is more that just monitoring the physical maturity of your draft picks.  I feel like the Canucks are finally being lead out of the decades long dark ages of player development 

The last time there was solid player development in this organization was when the Manitoba Moose under (cheveldayoff) were overseeing our guys (kesler, bieksa, bourdon, rypien,  finding and developing burrows.  First time we've invested and taken over development of our prospects properly.  About time!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

The last time there was solid player development in this organization was when the Manitoba Moose under (cheveldayoff) were overseeing our guys (kesler, bieksa, bourdon, rypien,  finding and developing burrows.  First time we've invested and taken over development of our prospects properly.  About time!

Was going to say the same thing.

This is also the reason I will forever hate the Winnipeg Jets 2.0. They took the Manitoba Moose away from us. :angry:

I also put blame on both the Gillis and Linden/Benning regimes (and ownership) for not doing more (and sooner) to address the player development issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

It infuriates me the lack of foresight to invest heavily into player development.

The insane amount of money spent on UFAs to fill bottom six roles is maddening. These are the roles that should be filled with players developed in house from the plethora of draft picks and free agency ( non drafted/college kids ) available every year. Focus on bringing these players through the system to fill the void. They come in on ELC money play the right way and , gain experience and either go on as a Canuck for many years or are flipped for more picks. The many years the Canucks have not had full control of their prospects or have neglected to nurture them has bitten the club in the ass!!!

Please tell me its over? 

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

It infuriates me the lack of foresight to invest heavily into player development.

The insane amount of money spent on UFAs to fill bottom six roles is maddening. These are the roles that should be filled with players developed in house from the plethora of draft picks and free agency ( non drafted/college kids ) available every year. Focus on bringing these players through the system to fill the void. They come in on ELC money play the right way and , gain experience and either go on as a Canuck for many years or are flipped for more picks. The many years the Canucks have not had full control of their prospects or have neglected to nurture them has bitten the club in the ass!!!

Please tell me its over? 

This could be what JR and PA are up to with all the hockey people they have surrounded the players with. This organization has never, and I repeat, never invested properly in their farm team. Hopefully that is a thing of the past. The twins, Cammi Granato, Higgins, Samuellson, RJ, and a farm team close to the City. Hopefully this builds into something positive for a change. I get tired of all the high draft picks that played in the NHL without a game in the minors, and then crashed and burned two seasons later. This team has drafted 5 bonafide NHLer's since its inception, Tallon, Hughes, EP, Don Lever, and Bo. Make that 6, Brock Boeser too.

6 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not sure if trolling; you're missing at least 5 others, all of which have their numbers hanging from the rafters: Smyl, Linden, Bure, Sedin, and Sedin - three of them are HHoF'ers, and the two others led our team to the SCF.  I'd say the team and the hockey community in general considers them bonafide NHL'ers too.

No, not at all, the point I'm making is, in 52 years it's been dismal.

12 minutes ago, awalk said:

What? How is Ottawa 29th?  They have Jake Sanderson, Zach Ostapchuk, and then some. 

I have a hard time taking this ranking seriously. 

17 hours ago, Googlie said:

Great camp wrap-up interview with Higgy .....

This is well worth a listen;  good questions asked and answered.  Some good insight here - better than the tired platitudes usually heard in an interview.

On 7/18/2022 at 4:09 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not sure if trolling; you're missing at least 5 others, all of which have their numbers hanging from the rafters: Smyl, Linden, Bure, Sedin, and Sedin - three of them are HHoF'ers, and the two others led our team to the SCF.  I'd say the team and the hockey community in general considers them bonafide NHL'ers too.

Don't you mean all 5 are HHoF'ers :)