The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2022 Development Camp

Also is Dave quadrelli a 12 year old boy ?

if you ever saw him or Couch potatoe, world of Warcraft playing looking chris Faber on the street, you would never know they have any knowledge of sports . Let alone about hockey and have a podcast.

honourable mention also Thomas drance which looks like he still lives in his moms basement living off Mac n cheese.

but I’m not going to lie I do enjoy their podcast and videos. I’m just being salty cuz I have to bust my ass doing construction and these guys get to do what they love, watch and talk hockey and get paid for it !

3 hours ago, Pazura92 said:

Also is Dave quadrelli a 12 year old boy ?

if you ever saw him or Couch potatoe, world of Warcraft playing looking chris Faber on the street, you would never know they have any knowledge of sports . Let alone about hockey and have a podcast.

honourable mention also Thomas drance which looks like he still lives in his moms basement living off Mac n cheese.

but I’m not going to lie I do enjoy their podcast and videos. I’m just being salty cuz I have to bust my ass doing construction and these guys get to do what they love, watch and talk hockey and get paid for it !

Hahahaha totally 

Actually Quads has put on some weight there, he's looking like a young Troy Stecher!  Hey I did a few years of construction so I feel you there.  Still in trades though. 

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ryan Johnson gives me a lot of hope for the seasons from 2024-25 and beyond.  

I can only imagine what would've happened if we got an extra 10% out of each of our prospects over the last decade.  

One small detail that I liked about this developmental camp is that they showed the young guys not only technical drills, but also gave them a small cooking lesson one evening and took some of them to hang out with the kids in the community.  Ryan Johnson mentioned this in an interview about three years ago that when these young guys come into the AHL, they're often dealing with a huge shock of living on their own for the first time and simple things like making meals for themselves are just one more thing that they're going through as they adapt.  

I've always been proud to be a Canucks fan because of the work that they've always done for the community as well, so I appreciated the small exposure to that part of it as well.  

I'm really happy with the way the developmental camp went, I would just say that next year they should allow more of us nerds in the building for at least the scrimmage.  I understand it was only open to the season ticket holders, but it would've been a nice atmosphere for the kids if instead of 50 people there was 200 people there.  

41 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Some really good hockey people a part of this team now: Rutherford, Smyl, Tallon, Granato, Boudreau, the Sedins, Samuelsson, Komisarek, Higgins. 

They wanted to develop the kids properly and it looks like they really are, what an opportunity to learn from some of these people. It must sure light a fire, to get to the NHL.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

If VAN makes the trade with PIT, but they refuse to give up Marino, the Canucks might end up with 3 Pettersson's on the team.

Elias

Elias Jr

Marcus

Only if Marcus agrees to change his name to Elias Jr Jr

• Haha 1