The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kraken sign Martin Jones

So wait, let me get this straight -- Seattle is paying Grubauer 5.9 million, Driedger 3.5 million, and Martin Jones 2 million next season?!? I'm assuming Driedger is gonna be buried in Palm Springs to start the year but still... so odd.

On 7/13/2022 at 4:22 PM, Quantum said:

So wait, let me get this straight -- Seattle is paying Grubauer 5.9 million, Driedger 3.5 million, and Martin Jones 2 million next season?!? I'm assuming Driedger is gonna be buried in Palm Springs to start the year but still... so odd.

It is odd isn't it...maybe Seattle is going to trade a goalie??

On 7/14/2022 at 1:22 AM, Quantum said:

I am surprised to wasn't Driedger supposed to be really good? Especially what he did with the Panthers?

So they're blaming last season on Driedger and not the fact they drafted an AHL team? I don't see Driedger going from his last 2 seasons to being a bum, .938 and .927 save percentage with Florida. And even last year on a trash team he almost had a .900 save percentage. Goaltending was not their issue last year. Unless they really need that 1.5m in cap space by moving Driedger and icing Martin Jones. Who has had 4 straight seasons worse than Driedger's was last season.