The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Devils re-sign Vitek Vanecek

56 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

How is he making more money than Samsonov? 

wasnt he his backup? 

They both started 39 games last season. Vanecek's numbers were quite a bit better, which is pretty bad cause his numbers were decent at best. It's actually incredible how good Washington was last season with goaltending being so middling, if not downright detrimental in terms of Samsonov's play. They outscored their problems.

3 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Everyone : You need star goaltending to be consistent and win.

NJ: Yeah but look at all our magic beans that may pan out, A middling goalie at best should work for us being a bottom feeder in one of the hardest divisions

They gotta start someone, and a three year deal is hardly a large commitment.. 

If they can bring in someone better over the next few years you've gotta think they'll take a swing at it. 

Edited by Coconuts

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

They gotta start someone, and a three year deal is hardly a large commitment.. 

If they can bring in someone better over the next few years you've gotta think they'll take a swing at it. 

I know I know, Dealing with devil fans over the course of the off season is something else though. That's a Homer fanbase and a half lol. Just enjoy laying into them when possible ^_^

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I know I know, Dealing with devil fans over the course of the off season is something else though. That's a Homer fanbase and a half lol. Just enjoy laying into them when possible ^_^

Aren't most fanbases homer fanbases though? :P 

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Aren't most fanbases homer fanbases though? :P 

Devils and Leafs are on another level honestly. Devils are convinced they have the best right side in the league. All while already having 2 of the 3 last year and still being a bottom feeder. Does Marino move the bar? Not in that division. 

Our fanbase is just pure doom and gloom. Even seen threads complaining about good things like how little we spend on goaltending lmao

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Devils and Leafs are on another level honestly. Devils are convinced they have the best right side in the league. All while already having 2 of the 3 last year and still being a bottom feeder. Does Marino move the bar? Not in that division. 

Our fanbase is just pure doom and gloom. Even seen threads complaining about good things like how little we spend on goaltending lmao

They don't, even the rival Rangers have a better right side and it isn't close imo. But I'm just gonna assume you've paid more attention to Devils fans than I have so I'll take your word for it. 

Doom and gloom, yes, but this fanbase has a lotttt of homers despite it's lack of sustained success since the late 2000's/early 2010's. We may be fussy but nobody can argue we aren't passionate. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

They don't, even the rival Rangers have a better right side and it isn't close imo. But I'm just gonna assume you've paid more attention to Devils fans than I have so I'll take your word for it. 

Doom and gloom, yes, but this fanbase has a lotttt of homers despite it's lack of sustained success since the late 2000's/early 2010's. We may be fussy but nobody can argue we aren't passionate. 

They are greasy.

I don't really blame the old-school fans for acting the way most of them do. 50 years of nothing would be rough lol. I've only been a hardcore fan for like 15 years :P

• Cheers 1

On paper, they have one of the most well rounded and deepest d-corps in the league. Should be good enough to insulate VV from too many blowouts. I think he will be to them what Jack Campbell was to the Leafs the past few seasons. Not a true number 1 but a guy you can rely on to keep games close and competitive.