The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

4 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

:picard:

Your choice.  Either support our guys or cheer for the selfish “look at me go mommy” players on other teams.  How many Cups will those Zegras and Boldy and Cauflied type players win when teams are counting on them?  NONE!  Losers!

Glad we have Pods, even if others aren’t. 

14 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

It seems there are so many test of wills...........

I mean, after you get to 10-12, there is another larger tier, then the next one is even bigger, and by the time you get to the late 2nd round and pretty much all of the 3rd round, there is another tier.......and so on and so on............

and further way you get from the top 12, the more subjective it gets, where the names are not the same in every draft spot, for every team................I mean I understand there still are numbers with in a tier, but sometimes it is splitting hairs.

That is why i try to to eliminate as much biases as possible. Position is a big bias for people. We tend to overvalued rhd and top 6 centers cuz of scarcity. Much like the nfl does with qbs and edge rushers. I also try to incorporate a pick valuation similar to the nfl. It is helping,but I still need to tweak it.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Isam said:

That is why i try to to eliminate as much biases as possible. Position is a big bias for people. We tend to overvalued rhd and top 6 centers cuz of scarcity. Much like the nfl does with qbs and edge rushers. I also try to incorporate a pick valuation similar to the nfl. It is helping,but I still need to tweak it.

Well here is another slant for you. How about we draft the 4th best center in the draft, the best RHD in the draft and the best Goalie in the draft.

Smith, Reinback and Augustine

13 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well here is another slant for you. How about we draft the 4th best center in the draft, the best RHD in the draft and the best Goalie in the draft.

Reinbacher might not even be the best rhd in the draft and hrabel might have something to say about best goaltender.i am ok with drafting reinbacher, but only in the 20s. You trade down and get some extra tickets.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Isam said:

Reinbacher might not even be the best rhd in the draft and hrabel might have something to say about best goaltender.i am ok with drafting reinbacher, but only in the 20s. You trade down and get some extra tickets.

Yeah, sorry Isam

I was not really saying pick those guys per say.........although, they did catch my eye. Only pointing out, you may be able to pin point players with picks in the right area, and pick the best in position, fill your needs, and not over reach.......that is really what I am saying

As for Reinbacker............I have been reading up on him alot, and from what I am getting, people are saying he may move up in the draft........admittedly, I go by other people reports, but by the draft, I usually have a pretty good idea of who will go where, in the first 70 - 80 picks......Not perfect, but LOL....I did better than the Canucks on a couple occasions .....not that that is worth bragging about. (PS.......I was right on McCann! But the broken clock theory describes me very well! 

Edited by J.I.A.H.N
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

You can also fill your need via college free agency. Jaxon nelson might be a good option as 3c along with getting livingstone for your rhd. Allows more options for us at the draft in that we can take some chances  at other positions.

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Yeah, sorry Isam

I was really saying pick those guys per say.........although, they did catch my eye. Only pointing out, you may be able to pin point players with picks in the right area, and pick the best in position, fill your needs, and not over reach.......that is really what I am saying

As for Reinbacker............I have been reading up on him alot, and from what I am getting, people are saying he may move up in the draft........admittedly, I go by other people reports, but by the draft, I usually have a pretty good idea of who will go where, in the first 70 - 80 picks......Not perfect, but LOL....I did better than the Canucks on a couple occasions .....not that that is worth bragging about. (PS.......I was right on McCann! But the broken clock theory describes me very well! 

Yeah, sorry too, and you got some good lists.  

Just now, J.I.A.H.N said:

MMMMM, yes, and you can get lucky for sure, but usually the entry draft works better for actual 200+ players. And as you pointed out earlier, draft rankings are getting better and better all the time.

I know alot about Livingston, less about Nelson

Nelson is never gonna be a burner but his size and style projects well as a bottom 6 center. Something we need. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

there is a group of you guys on here, that are way more knowledgeable than I, which is why I come here, and talk about it.

I am actually way better at structure and numbers, which is why I let you guys, talk about it and I listen, and as you probably know by now, that is unusual for me........

I thank all of you, sincerely

• Vintage 2

@Isam

I have been reading up about Raty, and he sounds really smart and good defensively (200 ft player) not exceptionally fast, but positionally solid. Might be our 3rd line center????

Depending where we end up in the draft, we could be sitting pretty good at center for years............Smith, Yager, Dvorsky all sound good near where we are. Different atributes, but all in or very near in the top 10 in a deep draft.....heaven forbid we get the first or second OA and get a choice of Bedard, Fintilli, or Carlsson.

Edited by J.I.A.H.N
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Isam said:

This might be a loaded question, but if you don’t mind, in what order would you rank:

Sandin Pellikka

Reinbacher

Dragicevic

Bonk

Wallinder

Allen

I’m usually all for draft strictly BPA, however I feel like our franchise really needs to begin adding some high end RHD talent into our prospect pool and I’m hoping that they do so with either our NYI pick or our 2nd rounder.  

Long story short, I’ve only watched half of these players and would love a little more insight into them or any other to RHD that I might’ve missed. Thank you 

Edited by YearoftheNuck
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

This might be a loaded question, but if you don’t mind, in what order would you rank:

Sandi Pellikka

Reinbacher

Dragicevic

Bonk

Wallinder

Allen

I’m usually all for draft strictly BPA, however I feel like our franchise really needs to begin adding some high end RHD talent into our prospect pool and I’m hoping that they do so with either our NYI pick or our 2nd rounder.  

Long story short, I’ve only watched half of these players and would love a little more insight into them or any other to RHD that I might’ve missed. Thank you 

Reinbacher

Sandin pelikka

Dragicevic

Allen

Bonk

Wallinder.

That would be the order I would go without guys. However, still alot of hockey left, and guys like minnetian and tourigny could play there way in.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

Anyone seen much of Oscar Fisker Molgaard? 6 points in 31 SHL games an he's not yet 18. 6'0 forward coming out of Denmark and has only been playing in Sweden for two years now so he's going to be a little raw; but he's rapidly adapted to each new level, quickly dominating the U18 ranks at 16 and after a slow start at the U20 level, by this year at 17 he was a p/g plus player and is already a regular in the SHL, playing 10-15 minutes a night. Danish junior league to SHL in two years is an immense jump. From the very little I've seen of him he seems to have a real nose for the net. Seems like a guy who could sneakily climb his way up the rankings and well into the first round.

@Isam  @R3aL @Bure_Pavel Anyone?

Like you, I haven't watched too much of hv71, but his numbers are intriguing.

59 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Sandi Pellikka

Reinbacher

Dragicevic

Bonk

Wallinder

Allen

For myself, I'll go:

Minnetian - Converted forward. The most dynamic defenseman in he draft as far as I'm aware. Highly intelligent, highly skilled. Defensive game still needs work but he's made outstanding strides in his two years with the NTDP. Biggest knock is his backwards and lateral skating.

Reinbacher

Dragicevic - Another converted forward, but Minnetian has been playing D a little longer and is settling into the role, Dragicevic often seems like he'd rather be a forward.

Sandin-Pellikka - Highly skilled, wants to be the guy carrying the puck, but when under pressure he can tend to get himself in trouble trying to outsmart forecheckers when there are simpler plays available.

Wallinder - Strong defensively. Plays a much simpler, lower risk game than Pellikka, but can make good plays with the puck when called upon.

Allen

Haven't seen enough of Bonk to comment. Trying to think of other names that should be on the list but the ones coming to me are Henry Mews, Zayne Parekh, Dominik Badinka; all 2024-eligibles and all of whom are arguably better prospects than any of the names on this list. It is really not a good draft for defensemen.

Edited by HighOnHockey
  • Thanks 1

Only based on this video sequence Reinbacher's skating is pretty good, enough speed in the cycling game to create separation. In addition good puck control during his move and the won puck battle at the end of the sequence together with ability to see the teammate in the slot. Going forward there's a good chance that will put the same amount of points as Roman Josi at the same age give or take. I assume that Austria's headcoach will select Reinbacher for the World's in May 2023 (in Tampere, Finland and Riga). I am pretty sure that he will climb in the draft rankings after he delivers a great performance at the World's for Austria in May 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1