The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

26 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I could see Washington drafting him ahead of us.

But I think JT miller would be an unreal mentor and line mate for him (with some similarities in their play )by the time he made the team and Raty could be on the team by then two 

we will see rankings could still shuffle around and where the home run swing wingers get selected will really change the draft 

Yup I fully expect to see some crazy selections. I keep having this weird feeling Washington is going to win the lottery and get either Bedard or Fantilli. Hmm it would so be tempting for them to take Michkov though lol.

depending whos available at 11, i could see us sending the first along with larson and boesser/garland for, oh say a second and a couple of lower priced 2 way defenders from a bottom feeder trying to reach the cap floor then we pick up the 2 much talked about fa's. its no secret for this management group the future is now and with hughes/petey, cant really argue. its a newish concept for van ... usually were trying to build around what we have, ie: find some talent. right now, we have talent and we need to build around that. the beauty of it is that some of what we need to add shouldn't cost too much

6 minutes ago, granpappy said:

depending whos available at 11, i could see us sending the first along with larson and boesser/garland for, oh say a second and a couple of lower priced 2 way defenders from a bottom feeder trying to reach the cap floor then we pick up the 2 much talked about fa's. its no secret for this management group the future is now and with hughes/petey, cant really argue. its a newish concept for van ... usually were trying to build around what we have, ie: find some talent. right now, we have talent and we need to build around that. the beauty of it is that some of what we need to add shouldn't cost too much

It's not ideal but it's better than a buyout.

20 minutes ago, granpappy said:

OEL has a NMC

13 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Seems like a guy Washington would take. Wouldn't be at all surprised by that pick.

Many teams could reach for Axel Sandin Pellika 

RH puck moving Defenceman with good skating ability are an expensive commodity in the NHL. Not every team has a player with his skill set 

6 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Many teams could reach for Axel Sandin Pellika 

RH puck moving Defenceman with good skating ability are an expensive commodity in the NHL. Not every team has a player with his skill set 

He ticks a lot of boxes: Right handed D (a high-end asset), great skater, low-risk, great upside, etc. He'll make a smart pick for whoever takes him. I have no reason to believe that we wouldn't take a long look at him from 10-11. 

11 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

He ticks a lot of boxes: Right handed D (a high-end asset), great skater, low-risk, great upside, etc. He'll make a smart pick for whoever takes him. I have no reason to believe that we wouldn't take a long look at him from 10-11. 

If we insist on going defence and Reinbacher is gone, I would gladly take ASP, he instantly becomes our top prospect

8 minutes ago, NorthWest_Express said:

Having Moore and Dvorsky ranked in the later teens while having Barlow and Honzek in the top 10 is a bit wild to me 

Honzek is a bit of a weird one for me, If a team sees him as a Center going forward he could go high. I would think he has played more as a winger up to this point though. Canucks have probably gotten a really good look at him playing in their own backyard. He has the size and skill to be a very intriguing prospect, and Slovakians are so hot right now. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Honzek is a bit of a weird one for me, If a team sees him as a Center going forward he could go high. I would think he has played more as a winger up to this point though. Canucks have probably gotten a really good look at him playing in their own backyard. He has the size and skill to be a very intriguing prospect, and Slovakians are so hot right now. 

Honzek is a top 20 guy for sure but hes a winger at best. Forcing him to be a C would not go well i think. He definitely has the size but i mean I would much rather grab Dvorsky. A slovakian C 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, NorthWest_Express said:

Honzek is a top 20 guy for sure but hes a winger at best. Forcing him to be a C would not go well i think. He definitely has the size but i mean I would much rather grab Dvorsky. A slovakian C 

Dvorsky is such an interesting one to me. Given all the eyes we have in Sweden (where he played this year), I'm sure the Canucks brass have a good idea of what he is/isn't.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

And if winger is the position the Canucks end up going with then i would rather they grab Leonard, Barlow, Sale, or But

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, NorthWest_Express said:

I too like Dvorsky alot more. If we draft at 11th we might have to settle for best of the rest though. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Dvorsky is such an interesting one to me. Given all the eyes we have in Sweden (where he played this year), I'm sure the Canucks brass have a good idea of what he is/isn't.

If you actually watch him play instead of stat watching youd see a kid who is easily one of the top C behind Bedard, Fantilli, and Carlsson. His teammates had absolutely no finish and hopefully next season he finds an SHL team or Allsvenskan squad to play on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1