The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Seattle Kraken @ Vancouver Canucks/ Thursday, Sept. 29/22 / 6:30pm KONG, NHLN,SN1, SNP, 650AM at Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

10 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Seattle be like ... Message Board?

That's so 90s!!

RrLW.gif

I think that a lot of tech advancements in the last 10 years have been negative ones and I hope that it's not just a sign that I'm getting old and grumpy (it might be).  

Take reddit for example...  I had an account back in 2008ish, in it's infancy days.  It was a really cool idea because it took the best parts of online forums with content being generated from all over the world and the upvote/downvote feature was used to flag things that were relevant/irrelevant to the subject at hand.  At some point reddit got big enough that it started attracting attention from people who wanted to exploit it and you saw political sides being propped up by bots.  When it comes to their hockey forums, people just use the upvote/downvote feature for opinions that they agree/disagree with.  Reddit has plummeted down to being a much worst version of online forums because it has evolved into an echo chamber. 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Where’s @BillVanSeattle? 

We had so many great posters from Seattle that were die-hard Nucks fans. 

I get that they’re gone with their new team, but always enjoyed their camaraderie over the years. 

I also miss the Sabres fan that we had! 

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I’m interested in seeing if there is a Seattle message board. 

I’m going to look into it instead of just brain-spewing here. 

And again, apologies for my nonsensical posts. 

There's no way you can post this much from work, is there...? I'd certainly rather post here all day instead of working!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I wish they would sell these for a normal price, or at all.  

All the special jersey designs last year were auctioned off for a grand or more.