The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Canucks Injury Thread

Rate this topic

grandmaster

31 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Might as well be the whole season.:sadno:

It’s Demko’s long term well being that matters. I couldn’t care less about Thatcher needing to support this team right now. This team is going no where this year. I’ll welcome him back next year at 100% if need be. 

• Like 1

6 weeks for Demko?

I think the guy was physically and mentally on point during that game. Not sure if it was the Luongo effect or he finally got it back. I fear we won’t have much of a chance for playoffs now that we have 6 weeks of average goaltending with no potential of elite goaltending. 

Already the site "Man games lost" have the Canucks are close to 100 games lost.

Figure that one out.

Let's see, Dermott and Ferland are good for 54, Poolman another 24, Pearson 13 so really no regular players except Pearson and the few the others have missed so far.

But it is a stat used by media to make excuses for bad teams not to look so bad.

The impact on the team from the above, some of who have hardly played the last 2 years, is marginal at best and misleading.

Now if the players were the calibre of Colorado's injuries that is significant. The only one of Vancouver's is possibly Demko and he wasn't keeping the hip afloat very much this year. 

Edited by ToTellTheTruth

50 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Already the site "Man games lost" have the Canucks are close to 100 games lost.

Figure that one out.

Let's see, Dermott and Ferland are good for 54, Poolman another 24, Pearson 13 so really no regular players except Pearson and the few the others have missed so far.

But it is a stat used by media to make excuses for bad teams not to look so bad.

The impact on the team from the above, some of who have hardly played the last 2 years, is marginal at best and misleading.

Now if the players were the calibre of Colorado's injuries that is significant. The only one of Vancouver's is possibly Demko and he wasn't keeping the hip afloat very much this year. 

Perhaps. There is also the possibility that when having so many healthy players on the team, we can’t ice our typical top 6 players either. Could Brock and Garland pick it up if they were relied on more? Maybe. We wouldn’t know because everyone seems healthy (I personally think Miller is playing injured though). 

There is one player you missed though.

I believe that Demko was finally getting his game and was playing his elite level when he got injured. Demko on top of his game is similar to the impact McKinnon has in Colorado. 

• Cheers 1