The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Canucks Injury Thread

Rate this topic

grandmaster

On 10/7/2022 at 11:16 AM, Devron said:

Gets so much flack until he’s out then it’s a big loss 

Not from me, he's a decent D but can fight ok and can clear the crease, same Schenn, same with Stillman. We need this on every pairing, we can't expect Demmer/Martin to stop what they can't see when their screened by a big forward parking in front of the net. 

We need to clear that problem up before we can get far.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

best of luck with that...I got flack for not updating it when I made this thread in the past... that is CDC tho!

Vintage is pretty good for adding. I’ll add whenever I can. Shouldn’t be just up to one person. We are all Canucks! Lol

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Crazy if Brock can play in the season opening, mustn't have had very big surgery on his hand - a bad finger nail? He was out for like 2 weeks?

If this Hughes maintenance day becomes a week-to-week injury our season is doomed anyway.

Brock had a small bone broken in his hand, it was a very minor surgery.

Hughes had the flu there’s no injury.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

A friend sent this. Donnie and Dhali show today about Garland. He apparently suffered a knee injury in the last pre-season game. I have no other info. Nothing on google or Twitter. If true, this sucks!

Obviously why he just had a maintenance day. Wasn’t bad enough to keep him from practicing today.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Poolman is surely done now, we can't be relying on a guy who's in and out of concussion protocol. Management have to step in now. Our RDs are pretty much...Schenn and Burroughs now.

Apart from hockey, he needs to start thinking about his long-term health and quality of life.  Might not be the worst idea for him to reach out to Gino like Ferland did.

• Upvote 1

If Poolman was to finish on LTIR permanently, is his salary protected by insurance? Would he be able to be moved in a trade for a team to reach cap floor or use for cap relief?

Unlike Ferlands which has been very difficult to move.

Another 3 years carrying LTIR at $2.5 is not ideal 

19 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

If Poolman was to finish on LTIR permanently, is his salary protected by insurance? Would he be able to be moved in a trade for a team to reach cap floor or use for cap relief?

Unlike Ferlands which has been very difficult to move.

Another 3 years carrying LTIR at $2.5 is not ideal 

The whole system needs to be redone it’s ridiculous the way it is.

If a player is never gonna play again and insurance is covering the contract, why would a team even have to worry about their cap hit anymore? They should be done with it.

Why would you punish a team for something completely out of their control?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The whole system needs to be redone it’s ridiculous the way it is.

If a player is never gonna play again and insurance is covering the contract, why would a team even have to worry about their cap hit anymore? They should be done with it.

Why would you punish a team for something completely out of their control?

Couldnt agree with you more @DeNiro its a flawed system. Passing around that Clarkson contract a few years ago just didnt sit well with me, yet Canucks get punished on the Luongo contract that was okayed when first signed. Its a broken system

Edited by canuckpuckluck1
  • Cheers 2