The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Canucks Injury Thread

Rate this topic

grandmaster

1 hour ago, lmm said:

any word on what the problem is with Dermott?

There are many reports in the media and quotes from Allvin indicating that Dermott either has a concussion or "probably" has a concussion. I believe that Boudreau said something similar.

In an interview Boudreau indicated that he is still a ways away and that his progress has been slow, although he has been skating.

Bottom line: things are not looking good. Once symptoms clear, which will probably take a while, it will a while to get ready for game action. I would be surprised if he is back before December and would not be surprised if it takes significantly longer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JamesB said:

There are many reports in the media and quotes from Allvin indicating that Dermott either has a concussion or "probably" has a concussion. I believe that Boudreau said something similar.

In an interview Boudreau indicated that he is still a ways away and that his progress has been slow, although he has been skating.

Bottom line: things are not looking good. Once symptoms clear, which will probably take a while, it will a while to get ready for game action. I would be surprised if he is back before December and would not be surprised if it takes significantly longer.

thanks

was he in camp?

any idea when this happened?

I see he missed 1 game last season (Apr 25 vs Seattle)

On 10/30/2022 at 11:46 PM, JamesB said:

Imagine the disability premiums teams pay in the NHL these days. How much does it cost to cover a McDavid or McKinnon if they are knocked out of the game?

Studnicka another bottom center injured and Lockwood comes up. I know we've got Aman and Dries but I'd love to see Karlsson just get a couple of games for funsies. Sure he's young and offensive minded but it'd be fun. Realistically though we'll just fill it with grinders unless 2 of our top 6 centers were injured.

8 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Heard on 650 that he got serious injuries from that fight. He had to be rushed to the hospital. Could have gotten real bad but didn’t. I don’t think they are gonna rush him back.

That is what happens to our young guns when no one is sticking up for him except for Schenn on the team. A big problem with this team!!! 

• Like 1