The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

It was a missed call, no doubt, but if a missed call shakes your team that much then you're not going far anyway 

It was a horrendous missed call period. Regardless of whether or not it affected the outcome of the game. Inexcusable missed call, full stop. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

It was a horrendous missed call period. Regardless of whether or not it affected the outcome of the game. Inexcusable missed call, full stop. 

I'm definitely not arguing that it wasn't a bad missed call.  

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

It was a missed call, no doubt, but if a missed call shakes your team that much then you're not going far anyway 

Yup.  The game came down to PP and PK time.  When the teams’ top guys were out in those situations, the Oiler players were a lot better than ours.  

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’d be fired yesterday if I was that incompetent. 

Regardless, the team didn't quit because of a missed call.  I'm not sure why people are surprised as they did all through pre-season.  Despite claims otherwise, you can't play uninspired and then just turn on a switch.  Last night was merely following the same trend as they had in pre-season

A missed call was irrelevant 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Regardless, the team didn't quit because of a missed call.  I'm not sure why people are surprised as they did all through pre-season.  Despite claims otherwise, you can't play uninspired and then just turn on a switch.  Last night was merely following the same trend as they had in pre-season

A missed call was irrelevant 

I think a lot of you are ignoring that we played a team that went to the conference finals that can score at will. Too many times especially on here people don’t respect or credit the opponent and their game.

The Canucks don’t lose just because they beat themselves, sometimes it is just a good team on the other end of the ice. 

• Cheers 4

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I think a lot of you are ignoring that we played a team that went to the conference finals that can score at will. Too many times especially on here people don’t respect or credit the opponent and their game.

The Canucks don’t lose just because they beat themselves, sometimes it is just a good team on the other end of the ice. 

I agree, the mcD and LD show was part of it.  However, they visibly quit playing jatd too

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Nurse only received a 5k fine. Awesome news. Oilers are gonna continue to play him. :)

Doing some quick math, based on a $9,250,000 salary, it looks like Nurse gets about $112,804  PER GAME.  I can't even get my head around that TBH. 

So 5k takes his pay for the day down from that amount to only $107,804.  Poor guy.

In fact Nurse could get fined 5000 every game of the season and still pull in $8,840,000 that year.   That fine amount is ridiculous.  It wouldn't even be much trouble for a league minimum paid player.  But fines should be based on percentage of annual contract salary at least.  For a dirty hit, if a player would lose half of his days pay, they might think twice.

• Vintage 2

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  The game came down to PP and PK time.  When the teams’ top guys were out in those situations, the Oiler players were a lot better than ours.  

And them scoring on a powerplay when our #1 D gets harpooned in the face by one of their goons.  Tables turned its a different game.

• Like 1

As hard as it is. We need to move on from this. 81 more games to go. They will get their PP sorted out. Remember there are a lot of new players on this team, including one more new guy on the way for the next one. Takes some time to gel.

Stay Positive Mental Health GIF by Travis

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I love watching him too, don't get me wrong but at this point our defence is so atrocious that we need every line scoring just to give us a chance to win and not just killing time off the clock and Hogz has been snake bitten for over 2 years now and it seems that after missing those four glorious chances last night against EDM shows that things haven't changed.   Sorry, but until the back end is fixed we can't afford "nice to have" guys on the front end.

2 yrs?  Hoglander is 21 yrs old.  He was playing injured almost all of last season.

I feel like fans on here just ignore things to delusion themselves into their own narrative 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1