The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s not hyperbole, nor overdramatizing to say that. 

We all saw this last season.

It was the first part of the season that screwed the playoff chances. 

totally 

3-0 start against Edmonton you gotta leave that with 1 pt minimum.

2-0 start vs PHILLY a team that shouldn’t be in the playoff picture  should have been a win

imo we are already down 3 pts 

• Cheers 1

Clearly the majority of important players are NOT ready for the season again - as Preseason showed.  

Petey is the main exception - but i don't think that line works its too one dimensional. Podz, Garland and Kuz looking good too. The rest not so much - Bo, Pearson, Miller look like they are coasting around gassed out there. Think we need to stack petey's line at least and then see who out of Bo / Miller want to step up. 

Hughes looks a bit short of where he was in preseason - that flu going around is supposed to be proper nasty and add a broken nose from scumbag Kane to the mix and hard to blame him. 

5:5 play has looked reasonably good in stretches - but again the sharpness isn't there, too many missed  class A chances, sloppy giveaways, sloppy changes, loads of pens against.  

Special teams are just crap and bench penalties - rusty as well.  When is this group gonna start taking Preseason seriously !! Can't keep coming in unprepared, especially when starting 5 on the road. 

I think / hope we will get up to speed in a few games time, just hope its not too late again like last season. D is gonna look brutal next few games - who we playing on the right side - Schenn, Noname, Bieksa ? 

1pm starts are always a bust - did we ever win one ?!  Gonna be a long roadtrip - just hope we get close to 500 and no the 0-5 that we all are thinking right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah absolutely silly management. No right side D to be found anywhere in sight now or in the future and these clowns are signing forwards like they're going out of style. What a waste of resources.

Maybe time to play Hughes on the right side of OEL!! 

3 hours ago, Kuzy said:

I'm ready for Horvat to go, he's not showing any on-ice leadership, grit, desire to win. Totally just floating out there and he thinks he's a 1C? Even Lazar is outplaying him.

The final straw for me was when Hoglander got highsticked and we got the penalty. Guess who went out to get an explanation and argue? JT Miller. Guess who sat on the bench and didnt say a word? Bo Horvat. Bruce was giving it to the ref on the bench as was Garland and Lazer I believe. Horvat just sat in the middle of all of them with a roll over and give up look on his face. His guy ain't a captain it's pathetic.

Boeser is way to slow out there. Guy is well on his way to be the next Loui Eriksson. I don't even see him hitting 20 goals this season. IMO we need to trade Horvat and Boeser (country club anyone?) Both straight up for RHD. 1 for 1. Sign and trade for Horvat to get better value. 

Podz-Miller-Garland

Kuzmenko-Petey-Mikheyev

Pearson-Lazer-Hoglander

Joshua-Dries-Aman

Hughes- (Stud)

OEL- (stud)

Burroughs-Schenn

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

just finished the game.  Embarrasing is the only word that's even remotely applicable.

I'd like to ask  the "pre-season doesn't matter" crowd, are you honestly surprised after the way they played the pre-season?

Umm it was 2 road games. They got the first goals in both. These aren't tire fire style losses.

But hey. Looks like the armchair GM's are already at it

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Clearly the majority of important players are NOT ready for the season again - as Preseason showed.  

Petey is the main exception - but i don't think that line works its too one dimensional. Podz, Garland and Kuz looking good too. The rest not so much - Bo, Pearson, Miller look like they are coasting around gassed out there. Think we need to stack petey's line at least and then see who out of Bo / Miller want to step up. 

Hughes looks a bit short of where he was in preseason - that flu going around is supposed to be proper nasty and add a broken nose from scumbag Kane to the mix and hard to blame him. 

5:5 play has looked reasonably good in stretches - but again the sharpness isn't there, too many missed  class A chances, sloppy giveaways, sloppy changes, loads of pens against.  

Special teams are just crap and bench penalties - rusty as well.  When is this group gonna start taking Preseason seriously !! Can't keep coming in unprepared, especially when starting 5 on the road. 

I think / hope we will get up to speed in a few games time, just hope its not too late again like last season. D is gonna look brutal next few games - who we playing on the right side - Schenn, Noname, Bieksa ? 

1pm starts are always a bust - did we ever win one ?!  Gonna be a long roadtrip - just hope we get close to 500 and no the 0-5 that we all are thinking right now. 

I thought hogz was their best fwd today, though that was a ridiculously low bar.  Podz probably would be if BB ever played him........he's probably your best 200 ft player, give him some special teams time ffs.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Umm it was 2 road games. They got the first goals in both. These aren't tire fire style losses.

if you're ok with the pre-season then the last two games,then I think you need to set the bar a little higher.  Games are 60 mins, not 15

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

59 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Sadly, teams always have and always will exploit a player's strength, and BH's lie in his great faceoff prowess. Tiger Williams was a sniper in Junior, but he was an even better fighter....

We saw what a beast horvat could be in the last 50 games of last year.  He was a force, and proved hes a goal scoring centre.  Not sure why so many people here have short term memory loss but its getting pathetic.  

Horvat is ths least of this teams worries.  

So far, miller has been a tire fire.  Boeser has been his usual useless self.  And Hughes cant play defense to save his life.   This is the crux of our issues right now.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Holy crow is the bar set so low now that scoring first in a game is considered a win to some people....?

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Well boeser is skating extremely slower than he was at the end of the season last year similar to how he started last year, a step behind and for a guy already on the slower side it’s really noticeable rn. He needs to do some power skating work in the off-season. And if he is already he needs to make a change in program / coach. 

pearson isnt fast so the combo might be slowing him down.

I haven’t really noticed him looking slow but I think he’s thinking the game defensively slow. 

Dude, if he hasnt fixed his skating by now at 25 years old, hes never going to.  Hes always been slow and will get slower by the year.  He doesnt have the mechanics, nor the strength to skate in this league which is getting quicker by the year. 

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

We saw what a beast horvat could be in the last 50 games of last year.  He was a force, and proved hes a goal scoring centre.  Not sure why so many people here have short term memory loss but its getting pathetic.  

Horvat is ths least of this teams worries.  

So far, miller has been a tire fire.  Boeser has been his usual useless self.  And Hughes cant play defense to save his life.   This is the crux of our issues right now.

But if you're going to prop up Bo's last 50 games to excuse him from the recent two, then I can justifiably prop up JTM's SEVENTY POINTS in the last 50 games of last year to excuse him from the recent two. See how that works?

I'm not saying your assessment is wrong, but to say that BH is the least of this team's worries right now is a stretch.

• Like 1