The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Oct 18/22 Valiant Canucks @ Forever-Blue Jackets 4pm PT at Nationwide Arena SNP SN650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 hour ago, gurn said:

And all the people waiting and hoping he retires or is traded-with nobody ready to take his spot.

0-3 with out him, so far.

also no playoffs with Myers either... the fate of where the Canucks finish does NOT revolve around 1 player it is the entire team

1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

Still points. Still producing like the second highest paid  player. His defense hasn't been  great but he's not on the pk or pp1. The two things that are killing this team.

So why is it his fault? Frankly he's doing stuff. If he had 82 secondary assists this year it wouldn't be enough because he doesn't score

Let's just hope he gets like 30g 40a so he has great trade value

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

The assist on Horvat’s goal is not a “token assist” try watching a game. 

Boeser's not a great passer, and doesn't drive play.
He's a goal scorer. Period.
If he's not scoring, he's not doing his job. 
A few assists doesn't change that, and I'm sure if you asked him he'd tell you the same thing. 

1 minute ago, fecklund said:

Those 2 guys make $16 Million.
That kind of cap space gives you a LOT of options. 

In this day and age… it really doesnt. 8mil contracts are being handed out like candy right now for unproven players. 16 mil goes nowhere unless its guys on RFA deals. If you’re looking to solve your issues with cap space to sign guys, get ready to overpay in free agency.

2 pretty good players for 16mil

or 4 okay players for 16 mil. 

You’d need 20-25mil in cap space to actually make an impact. 16mil is very little imo

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

Which NHL team is giving up a top 4 D for one of those guys?

Pick a team in the bottom 5-8 for goals scored last season, that wasn't able to address a lack of scoring in the offseason.

I'm not saying we get a Hughes equivalent, I'm saying we get a top-4 minute-consumer. 

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

In this day and age… it really doesnt. 8mil contracts are being handed out like candy right now for unproven players. 16 mil goes nowhere unless its guys on RFA deals. If you’re looking to solve your issues with cap space to sign guys, get ready to overpay in free agency.

2 pretty good players for 16mil

or 4 okay players for 16 mil. 

You’d need 20-25mil in cap space to actually make an impact. 16mil is very little imo

16M is very little?

It's almost 20% of the cap. 

Now take into consideration the fact that Allvin's hands are tied, why?
No. Cap. Space. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Pick a team in the bottom 5-8 for goals scored last season, that wasn't able to address a lack of scoring in the offseason.

I'm not saying we get a Hughes equivalent, I'm saying we get a top-4 minute-consumer. 

Any names? It's a little too easy to say the team should get a good defenseman. The team knows they need defensemen but weren't able to acquire one, so I have to assume it's not as easy as shipping off a Garland for one.