The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

When the fans target Demko, we've truly hit rock bottom.  The guy was our MVP last year and beyond.  If he's not superman we're blaming him instead of the situation in front of him.  No he hasn't played as well this year, but I have no problem being patient with him given what he's done for this team.  Let' him sit a bit more and find his game again, but more importantly, give him a bunch of guys who will do their best to keep him from being shelled and left out in the cold every night.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Too bad he didn't give him a win, or a refund for what the canucks paid him to give the fans. 

He knows he can play better though. The provice article said so. Just too bad he won't.......or can't.....whatever.  

Don’t worry, he’s only signed until the end of earth’s lifecycle. Then we can start our rebuild on Mars.

I am not sure if the Canucks should hang on to Demko. If you are rebuilding and the return is good then you have to at least consider it. He has shown great stretches from time to time and this recent string is as bad as I ever seen him. I don't think he is the answer long term but you could do worse.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Studs with only 8 minutes?

Play a defenseman instead! We always seem to go down to 5D!! Rathbone is a good option for 8 minutes. 

Burroughs in for Stillman!

A team total 22 hits? Nashville with 34? We stopped hitting after the 2nd. 

They came out with more desire. It took only 7 of NASH players to have 22 hits. Our whole team total! They ran us out of our own rink in the 3rd!

Bear lead us in blocks again with 4.

We need to get better on blocking shots. 

Two sentences in , I'm already annoyed.  Minutes? That's what's wrong. Sweet baby Jesus. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, van_ws said:

I am not sure if the Canucks should hang on to Demko. If you are rebuilding and the return is good then you have to at least consider it. He has shown great stretches from time to time and this recent string is as bad as I ever seen him. I don't think he is the answer long term but you could do worse.

hey arnold nickelodeon GIF

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Fg3Oax4aYAAwreW?format=png&name=large

Dude is 30… if he hasn’t learned how to play 60 minutes yet we may have a problem.

We have 2 more losses in the next 8 games before it becomes impossible to get to .500 by game 20. 

Need to be 5-3-1 at worst in the next 8  before the season is effectively a write off.  At that point it would be a long shot to make the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Fg3Oax4aYAAwreW?format=png&name=large

Blah blah I'm not Steve Stamkos.  Thanks JT. Or is it Mr. J......Mr. T? ......Mr JT? 

Ah , I'll just call you captain obvious. 

So...your worried JT, just not that worried , hence the pathetic backcheck efforts.

Your not worried at all are you? If you are going to pretend to be honest, might as well go all they way, unlike your defensive efforts. 

Edited by cuporbust

Ngl, that Stillman/Myers pair may be the worst defensive pair I have ever seen on the Canucks. Yeah my Canucks fandom only started in the early 2000s, which also means I wasn't big on the nuances until roughly 2010. I assume y'all seen worse. But I honestly can't recall a time I been more annoyed by a D pair in the last 20 years of watching this team. Myers is fine overall. He's definitely at least 2.5mil overpaid. Him and Stillman are an abomination as a pair. How the F is Stillman even still in the lineup? I'd even take Hunt back instead of this goof. Hell, put Megna or Chaput on defense instead.

• Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Closer ? If you aren't there yet, God bless ya. 

Eternal optimist in hockey and life. Things can always get better. Hope for a brighter future never dies. I do it every year with every Canucks team through the good times and the bad. It’s just who I am, a Canucklehead for punishment lol.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Eternal optimist in hockey and life. Things can always get better. Hope for a brighter future never dies. I do it every year with every Canucks team through the good times and the bad. It’s just who I am, a Canucklehead for punishment lol.

Stephen Colbert Slow Clap GIF

Bravo?

Edited by cuporbust
  • RoughGame 2

23 minutes ago, Provost said:

Dude is 30… if he hasn’t learned how to play 60 minutes yet we may have a problem.

We have 2 more losses in the next 8 games before it becomes impossible to get to .500 by game 20. 

Need to be 5-3-1 at worst in the next 8  before the season is effectively a write off.  At that point it would be a long shot to make the playoffs.

matthew bingo GIF

27 minutes ago, MNaslund?? said:

Our fans deserve to lose because we keep chanting Bruce there it is.  Even when he hates it And it’s the most cringe chant of all time 

Pretty sure the  "Bruce there it is " gimmick is old news at this point.  Waaaay beyond this being a coaching issue IMO.  We can take out the stop watches , and compare the numbers with the last 2 we complained about , but it's way bigger than that unfortunately.  

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1

Been hearing a lot about Horvat and that we should trade him.  I agree we should listen to offers but they should have equal value coming this way in terms of youth. 
Unless the trading partner is in a lottery draft position, a first rounder from them won't be much of a factor.in landing the big 2-3. 
Watched most games this year- teams are constantly pressuring their defense all the time sending multiple players in to forecheck and clogging up the boards on the cycle - something I expect their next 5 very quick opponents to do.  If they don't find a solution to this or are slow to react, this will be a very very long trip

• Upvote 1