Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, gurn said:

And lead the team in goal scoring

and be second in team points

and be the captain

Also the reason he takes face offs is 

a because he is very good at them

b-because the rest of the team, including Elias, suck at it.

And the yearly results remain the same. Bottom of the league while setting NHL records in the way we are losing. But that's not bos fault! He's only a perfect player ::D

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

And the yearly results remain the same. Bottom of the league while setting NHL records in the way we are losing. But that's not bos fault! He's only a perfect player ::D

Can you quote anyone, other than yourself, that has said Bo is a perfect player?

12 minutes ago, gurn said:

Can you quote anyone, other than yourself, that has said Bo is a perfect player?

Everyone whining about the prospect of him leaving is essentially using that as a defense. He scores on the PP and wins faceoffs. That's it. That does not warrant 7x8 here 

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Everyone whining about the prospect of him leaving is essentially using that as a defense. He scores on the PP and wins faceoffs. That's it. That does not warrant 7x8 here 

So nobody has called Bo a perfect player?

Other than you.

9 hours ago, J-23 said:

Ya, very true, though JR’s comments on Bo. Looks like a Bo trade could be very high on the table.

I think those comments were just part of negotiating and in part true

He said Bo was part of the core, but he can't stay at ANY cost, and if they can't sign him, at least his value increases for a trade playing as well as he is now

The ball is in Bo's agents court with that statement, if he wants to remain a Canuck

Edited by ba;;isticsports
Better clearification
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

What can you do? Miller is extended now and Bo is not.

A lot of teams in good positions now have moved on from their top guy(s). Look at the Sabres now after moving on from Eichel.

I don’t think they expected this type of offence from Bo. They wanted to get him for a very cheap friendly deal. Won’t get that now. Looks like a F U to management for not prioritizing him.

Agree they didn't expect this from him... tbh neither did I, but now they are screwed. 
they paid Miller 8Mx7 based on a 99pt season, so the bar has been kind of set. 

Bo is better at FOs and defensively, while Miller is more aggresive in his style. 

Bo keeps this up, he is gonna get paid, but doubt it'll be here. 

I still think they though Miller was going to be out new leader, thus making Bo redundant'ish... 

They need to to find funds somehow to tebuild the team, as despite all the talk about the CAP going up, I'd like to see this happen before we put our eggs in that basket. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

All Bo does is take faceoffs. EP is superior in every single way. Offensively and defensively. That does not warrant something around 7x8.

It's wasting money like this that keeps us a bottom feeder. All but 4 guys are 1 way players on this roster. That includes bo 

Really?  I'm pretty sure since early March Bo has been a top 3 goal scorer in the league.......am I wrong?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I think those comments were just part of negotiating and in part true

He said Bo was part of the core, but he can't say at ANY cost, and if they can't sign him that his value increases for a trade playing as he is

The ball is in Bo's agents court with that statement

I think thr ball is in PA's court to find cap space for him.

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

and sometimes they work extremely well. 

I have zero faith that this mgmt team can thread the needle with a series of brilliant trades that fix everything. When's the last time we even saw one trade that had a significant positive impact on this team? Luongo?

Why would we expect that we can see 3 or 4 hockey trades now, when we have rarely seen one thats had a lasting positive impact in the last 10+ years? 

I think that's been far more successful than any full tear down, which really doesn't happen very often

2 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

actually, what I'm saying is that there is no replacement for what Bo brings to the table and that what he brings to the table is incredibly important in todays NHL.  Possession is the key to victory in the modern NHL and if you don't start with the puck, you're chasing and if you're chasing, you're not scoring and you're taking penalities.

Of course, you know all that and just get your kicks from the trolling

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, stawns said:

Really?  I'm pretty sure since early March Bo has been a top 3 goal scorer in the league.......am I wrong?

You tell me what our team results have been in that timeframe? We arnt the Leafs. We don't need to be paying premiums for individual statistics.

This is all piss in the wind honestly.. I'm kinda over debating it lol. He's either signing team friendly or being traded.. Nothing we all can do about it!

27 minutes ago, gurn said:

OIP.jpg.f02e49582da2d5393e8bc188e6d1a2f4.jpg

Using the scroll up feature would show I've been saying that the whole time lol

As I said to the other fella, Time to move on from the opinion based debate. JR already explained the two paths that will happen. It's not like management is scrolling through the forum and giving a crap about our opinions anyways :P

16 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Using the scroll up feature would show I've been saying that the whole time lol

As I said to the other fella, Time to move on from the opinion based debate. JR already explained the two paths that will happen. It's not like management is scrolling through the forum and giving a crap about our opinions anyways :P

you indicated your problem was with Bo and his performance, you were presented with a few posters counter arguments, and now want to talk about how poorly the team is doing.

Goal post moving at it's finest. 

2 hours ago, gurn said:

you indicated your problem was with Bo and his performance, you were presented with a few posters counter arguments, and now want to talk about how poorly the team is doing.

Goal post moving at it's finest. 

You're trying to say adding context to my opinion is going off about something and moving the goalposts? That's a 2mins for reaching:lol:

Today's game shows exactly what I said. Doesn't matter what he does.. The needle does not move

• Upvote 1