The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Miller would be the other move. Moving Bo would be a massive fail. 

Maybe, but Bo is the easiest to move and will return significant pieces to plug into the lineup to help the club right now.  We could get (likely) an older right shot defensively minded D and an older right shot defensively minded C.  Two holes filled for Bo.  I think it’s a stupid move, but we tend to make moves in hopes of winning now, so almost expect this to happen. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ba;;isticsports said:

My Original thinking on what they were doing was to sign him to buy more time and not lose him for nothing and thinking that they could shop for the best return on him throughout the year (because his best years will be behind him when or if we compete for a Cup, for that reason alone as much as i enjoyed Miller last year is why i was ok with trading him from strength)

This may still be the case, unless he is here a year from now

I suppose it's possible they were giving the team as constructed one last season to see what they could do... And still had this last season of his previous deal as an "ejector seat"... But I be really think they wanted to keep him and build around this (despite not addressing the top 4 RHD, 3C etc). If nothing else, their performance this year should make it less painful to the more hopeful portion of the fanbase, if they do decide to rip that band aid off, so the PR gets easier at least :lol:

Personally, I just wish they'd ripped it off last spring/summer though. 

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Maybe, but Bo is the easiest to move and will return significant pieces to plug into the lineup to help the club right now.  We could get (likely) an older right shot defensively minded D and an older right shot defensively minded C.  Two holes filled for Bo.  I think it’s a stupid move, but we tend to make moves in hopes of winning now, so almost expect this to happen. 

I don’t care if Bo is the “easiest to move” it would be a massive fail of a move. Period. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Miller would be the other move. Moving Bo would be a massive fail. 

How? We are at the bottom of the league with all our top offensive players at their best lol. Bo is not a needle mover at all. Everyone's biggest concern is faceoffs. I'd put EP in position to take the most. If he can get good at that, Man's got selke skills 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

How? We are at the bottom of the league with all our top offensive players at their best lol. Bo is not a needle mover at all. Everyone's biggest concern is faceoffs. I'd put EP in position to take the most. If he can get good at that, Man's got selke skills 

Bo carried us in the playoffs and moves the needle much more than pouty JT. 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You'd be demanding heads to roll if he couldn't be traded and he walked for nothing.

1 hour ago, Devron said:

I find it hard to believe 

I was fully on board for letting him walk for cap space if it came to that. He's an offensive floater who doesn't fit our timeline. If we just kept our cool we'd have a prime asset to sell and ample money for Bo. I detest this management group.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Bo carried us in the playoffs and moves the needle much more than pouty JT. 

Hey I'm on board with moving him too. Bo plays on the leagues worst PK for two years straight. He's been the captain of the team who misses the playoffs yearly exect for the gifted bubble year. I just struggle to see how we improve this team by signing BO to a 7.5x8

All we do is eat up 2m+ more of the cap for the exact same situation as right now. We seriously need to put the emotion aside and think short term pain ( something that's actually been 10 years already ) for long term gain ( something we haven't experienced because he refuse to rip the bandaid off )

I'll pay BO RNH deal all day but he seems to think he's a top of the league player lol

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Again we agree.  But what does Miller have in value now with his new contract?  Bo is worth more and to a wider market. 

He’s still easily moveable. We get a top 4 dman a prospect and a 1st MINIMUM if we move JT. He has more value at a fixed term with Cap going up than with one year left. 

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Hey I'm on board with moving him too. Bo plays on the leagues worst PK for two years straight. He's been the captain of the team who misses the playoffs yearly exect for the gifted bubble year. I just struggle to see how we improve this team by signing BO to a 7.5x8

All we do is eat up 2m+ more of the cap for the exact same situation as right now. We seriously need to put the emotion aside and think short term pain ( something that's actually been 10 years already ) for long term gain ( something we haven't experienced because he refuse to rip the bandaid off )

I'll pay BO RNH deal all day but he seems to think he's a top of the league player lol

I mean he is second in the league in goals on an awful team. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Deserved a pt, but really blew the second pt.  Preds aren't a good team. 

We're worse

1 hour ago, stawns said:

no argument here..........GM's,now, have the gift of hindsight and should act with the assumption that things are unstable in our society and economy and move forward cautiously, not throwing caution to the wind because of "projections".

Thank you voice of reason. I've been saying this for 3 years now. Take the foot of the gas pedal ffs and plan appropriately. When I have to be the adult something is very wrong.

• Haha 1
  • There it is 2

I feel like the one important part that we are all overlooking is this:  We outplayed, and outchanced the Preds by a significant margin.  

So yes, it's frustrating but Canucks were the better team and deserve more then the 1 point they got. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I mean he is second in the league in goals on an awful team. 

Almost a goal per game, While the rest of the top 6 is a point per game including huggy. Yet last in PK and bottom 5 team, Blowing leads at historic rates. What our boys are doing is literally the ideal tank and sell path. 

Just like the Leafs we need to learn individual stats doesn't = success. Selling high is what every single team who's built well did. We are trying to be the sharks of the last 2 decades without actually making the playoffs or being a good team. Yearly retool and add at all cost.. Not giving a damn about the prospect pool for future prolonged success

13 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

So you think Bo should get less salary than what he is already getting?  Not going to happen.

Can you offer something that suggest that Bo thinks he's a top player in the league?

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Almost a goal per game, While the rest of the top 6 is a point per game including huggy. Yet last in PK and bottom 5 team, Blowing leads at historic rates. What our boys are doing is literally the ideal tank and sell path. 

Just like the Leafs we need to learn individual stats doesn't = success. Selling high is what every single team who's built well did. We are trying to be the sharks of the last 2 decades without actually making the playoffs or being a good team. Yearly retool and add at all cost.. Not giving a damn about the prospect pool for future prolonged success

Moving Miller does alot to fix our gaping hole on defence. Bo is not the player I would move. 

• Cheers 1