The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bruce Boudreau on the hot seat?

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, Kelly Green said:

Rutherford is just mailing it in now, what happened to the roster shake-up and putting players on waivers from last month?

Or addressing the needs on defense from the months before that?

I honestly think all the other teams are low balling him because they know he likes gambling on trades and he's 73. They are trying to pull a fast one on him. So he's not getting serious offers. 

He also doesn't seem to be cognizant of the fact that he's in a Canadian market. This is going to get into the coaches ear in a hurry. It isn't exactly smart to run your mouth in a Canadian market. 

• Cheers 1

So to summarize.

The guy who helped engineer trades that saw picks go away for nothing; including a 2nd to remove a now PPG centre, wasted $14+ million on forwards while knowing we're DESPARATE for defence. Who did literally nothing to upgrade this team where it needed.  Let go some of the most effective defensive coaches this team has had in a long while and replaced them with Yeo; is going to can the coach that took a last placed team to a .649 winning percentage through the rest of his term as HC in his first year?

Yes, I too like to allow my dog to sh*t in the street, then blame the jogger for it when I step in it.  I also like knowing my car needs an oil change and a new tire to replace the donut; but blame my barista when my engine seizes and my tires fail completely.

Seriously, WTF JR; give your head a shake man it isn't the coach.  Myers is possibly the worst top pairing D in the league.  Stillman looks BRILLIANT when you consider that we obtained him for the small price of a 2nd round pick and a ppg centre.

But sure, it's Bruce.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

Did JR say they prioritized upgrading the RHD this past off season...There was a RHD youngish Penguin the Canucks GM AND President would have known very good and he seemingly got traded for a pretty low return consider Marino is a top 4 RHD who has term left on his deal...That I will never understand, Marino had NO trade protection AND he got dealt within the division!

We gave up a 2nd round pick to save 1.3m by moving dickinson, sure we would have been able to offer up a 2nd along with another pick and say Rathbone seeing as he is stapled to the press box with multiple D injured it is clear the coach and or management doesn't view Rathbone as an NHL D currently at least

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

So I ask again.

Who is in charge?

PA or JR?

CDC seems to think JR runs the show, and PA is just his yes man.

Where does JR's authority end, and where does PA's start?

FWIW I have a friend who is a die hard Penguins fan and he essentially said this was essentially the relationship in Pittsburgh as well. 

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree with Rutherford.  With a proper structure and system in place we could be much better even with the defence that we have.  Boudreau does not play a system.  It's a loosy goosy system where we can score lots of goals but also give up more goals than we score.

We are 10th in goals for, but 29th in goals against.  We don't have a problem scoring goals, the problem is keeping the puck out of the net.  Demko hasn't been good, but he's probably shocked at how bad we are structurally which has thrown off his game.

Only way to fix this is to change the coach.  I don't think bringing in new players will help much.  

It’s all on Demko.  He needs to be better.  Is he 50th in the league or something for goalies?  He needs to be top five.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

He thinks this team is good enough to compete.

That's all a guy needed to hear to know JR is out to lunch.  Retooling since 2012 but someone stole our 10m socket all of our flat head screwdrivers and we're almost out of duct tape.

What are the odds for Yeo taking over as HC before the New year again?

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Boudreau was never a long term fix, he can coach a team who can score but ask him to be able to defend...that is why he never went far when it counted most aka the playoffs.

yeah wish shaw stayed with us.

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So I ask again.

Who is in charge?

PA or JR?

FA sets the direction and has since he bought the club. 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

He thinks this team is good enough to compete.

That's all a guy needed to hear to know JR is out to lunch.  Retooling since 2012 but someone stole our 10m socket all of our flat head screwdrivers and we're almost out of duct tape.

What are the odds for Yeo taking over as HC before the New year again?

If “he” is Aquilini, then I 100% agree with your sentiments.  Actual hockey minds (JR and Sllvin) know we are a long way off from competing, but want to get an NHL salary (and be in the game) so they placate their owner, just like Benn8ng did.  “Yes, Mr. Aquilini.  Just a few key trades and we will be as good as those great teams Gillis built”.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

It’s all on Demko.  He needs to be better.  Is he 50th in the league or something for goalies?  He needs to be top five.  

every goalie has bad streaks and they dont to play up to there standards or what were use to seeing, probs still shaking the rust off and after surgery to, i hope that it isnt long term for him. but still this entire team has a problem at the moment, sad times.

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

every goalie has bad streaks and they dont to play up to there standards or what were use to seeing, probs still shaking the rust off and after surgery to, i hope that it isnt long term for him. but still this entire team has a problem at the moment, sad times.

Yup.  We just aren’t good enough to have our goalie being a suckeroo and still win. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

For sure, Demko is bad this year.  But the team is playing with no structure or system.  Demko isn't Dominik Hasek who could thrive with any team in the league.  I'm not saying the players aren't the problem, but in my opinion, we are not playing up to the talent on our team.  Blowing 2 goal leads almost every game tells me that the team has no structure and does not have the ability to hold a lead given the way they are playing.

• There it is 1

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree with Rutherford.  With a proper structure and system in place we could be much better even with the defence that we have.  Boudreau does not play a system.  It's a loosy goosy system where we can score lots of goals but also give up more goals than we score.

We are 10th in goals for, but 29th in goals against.  We don't have a problem scoring goals, the problem is keeping the puck out of the net.  Demko hasn't been good, but he's probably shocked at how bad we are structurally which has thrown off his game.

Only way to fix this is to change the coach.  I don't think bringing in new players will help much.  

Yep I think everyone needs to be accountable here. It’s not just the defence, the goaltending, our forwards 2 way plays. Bruce and JR himself need to be accountable as well. 

Bruce has been playing Stillman for crying out loud so he does not get a pass here like some have been giving him. Love the man but this is a mess. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

For sure, Demko is bad this year.  But the team is playing with no structure or system.  Demko isn't Dominik Hasek who could thrive with any team in the league.  I'm not saying the players aren't the problem, but in my opinion, we are not playing up to the talent on our team.  Blowing 2 goal leads almost every game tells me that the team has no structure and does not have the ability to hold a lead given the way they are playing.

Would our owner pay the freight to sign Barry Trotz?  He’d still be paying Green and Bruce.  

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So I ask again.

Who is in charge?

PA or JR?

Allvin makes the moves but something like the Miller signing would be passed on to JR for approval. That would be my guess but we are all bull shitters here in the end :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1