The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tank Hard for Bedard - Playoff chances are already Slim

Rate this topic

Provost

8 hours ago, Chicken. said:

May 10 I believe.. err not sure if it has been announced yet. It was May 10th last year for the 2022 draft.

and just for fun... took about 10 trys. we got 2nd  three times before then though..

image.png.9ec7c7efa6b3fa50fdae0b60033e795f.png

I would gladly take 2nd if that was the case come draft time.

• Upvote 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

On 2/20/2023 at 9:43 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Gillis inherited a situation similar to Bennings? B.S.  Benning had only Bo and a couple of other pieces. The cupboards were bare. Gillis had a core built from Nonis and Burke.

In the end every Vancouver GM has had flaws. Quinn would trade, Nonis could draft, Benning sort of could draft but couldn't manage a team or cap or get the right mix.

Gillis made some moves, but couldn't draft. (Bo exception) Gillis also used NMC's like no tomorrow. But he could handle the cap.

I don't think you followed the conversation very well. Is 9/10 "similar" to 1/10? Re-read what Alf said and my response. 

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

FB_IMG_1677171939311.jpg

This guy is a PHENOM. If there was ever a time to "tank"....a "one-off", that time is now, we're so close to the bottom already anyway, within 4 points of 3rd last CHI.

No more "next best things", or "consolation prizes"....I don't want Fantilli, Carlsson, or even the Russky...I want BEDARD. It would be like dying a thousand deaths to watch this guy play on another team for the next 11 years...

13 hours ago, J-23 said:

Benson looking good rn. 2nd in WHL scoring. Just keep it within that bottom 5-6 range and lower.

Benson is a very good consolation prize imo.

I would be very happy with him.

• Huggy Bear 1

Our schedule is so easy we may need to be really terrible and have some good luck to just hold our current position drafting 5-6th.

I am really hoping we move into top 3, still a decent chance to drop to 4th pick there… but also a decent chance to move up to 1-2.  I don’t think we will get there but #2 means we are likely to pick in the top 3 and secure one of those really elite guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

Our schedule is so easy we may need to be really terrible and have some good luck to just hold our current position drafting 5-6th.

I am really hoping we move into top 3, still a decent chance to drop to 4th pick there… but also a decent chance to move up to 1-2.  I don’t think we will get there but #2 means we are likely to pick in the top 3 and secure one of those really elite guys.

Easy sched or not, our tank commanders will not fail us. I think 3 is attainable, 4th even more so.

This message brought to you by: 

battle-field-giraffe-tank-ready-to-fire-jet-vector-cartoon-eps-99268680.jpg

mike-yeo.jpg

• Tanks a lot 1

1 hour ago, SKTDH said:

super hoping for a top 3 and a 12-15 from nyi!

Why waste hope. 

If you're hoping for something hope for the best.

1st over all this year and NYI 1st overall next year.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Why waste hope. 

If you're hoping for something hope for the best.

1st over all this year and NYI 1st overall next year.

keeping expectations low to avoid disappointment and maybe be pleasantly surprised lol 

4 hours ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Columbus is going to hard to catch.

I worry that we're going to leave the 2-5 group and ascend into the next 6-10 or higher. 

And then two teams higher in the draft order will win the lottery and push us back another two spots.