The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

Listening to Canucks Central podcast on Boeser…saying how his is agent talking to everyone isn’t helping, and seems desperate. Also a trade with significant retention (which other teams are asking for) just won’t happen. Ex. Boeser to Minn (50% retained) for Greenway. 

Edited by Kenny Powers

3 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Why would they give us spacek?  Minny doesnt even want or need boeser.  

Out of the top 21 or so teams and the 16 in the playoff bracket, the Minnesota wild are the lowest team with gf of 169 last I checked.

Minnesota needs a sniper for Boldy and a C for Kaprizov, Hartman has done well but by no means is he a top C

Minny wants bb6 they can make a legit offer with zero retention by the canucks. they need what we have, we set the price. dont like it? go elsewhere Guerin. they also have 10+ in cap space come TDL.

Guerin /minny has a legit shot at making some noise if he can shore up the offense and add to the d for a deep run.

bb6+bear/schenn for ?

5 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Out of the top 21 or so teams and the 16 in the playoff bracket, the Minnesota wild are the lowest team with gf of 169 last I checked.

Minnesota needs a sniper for Boldy and a C for Kaprizov, Hartman has done well but by no means is he a top C

Minny wants bb6 they can make a legit offer with zero retention by the canucks. they need what we have, we set the price. dont like it? go elsewhere Guerin. they also have 10+ in cap space come TDL.

Guerin /minny has a legit shot at making some noise if he can shore up the offense and add to the d for a deep run.

bb6+bear/schenn for ?

lol Boeser and Bear? never mind Schenn. You got a Matthews on the books?

10 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

bb6+bear/schenn for ?

get toronto in the loop. Matthews for Brock, Bear and Schenn is something real.

1 hour ago, EastCoastNucks said:

lol Boeser and Bear? never mind Schenn. You got a Matthews on the books?

1 hour ago, EastCoastNucks said:

get toronto in the loop. Matthews for Brock, Bear and Schenn is something real.

59 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

sorry I ment Mathews for Brock, Myers and Oliver Ekmnond-Larson is something real and good for all good people

byyyyeeeeee!

Screenshot_20230223-020630_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230223-020729_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230223-020738_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230223-020752_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230223-020754_Gallery.jpg

Timo meier: 26 yo winger.

451 gp - 154g - 316 points.

Value: somehow 1st + blue chipper + young roster player + maybe even more

Brock boeser: 25yo winger

373 gp - 131g - 293 points.

Value: pure negative, Must retain half the contract to move and many believe we shouldn't get a return either while taking on a capdump as well

Gotta love a massive negative value driving market we somehow have. Makes zero sense honestly 

• Cheers 3

20 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Except Bruce is a consistent pro and brock is a consistently inconsistent big poofy hair sniper 

I'll never understand the fascination with Brock's hair by the people who dislike him. It was a funny bit in the first couple years, but his critics seem to be incapable of accepting he has hair all these years later.

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Value: pure negative, Must retain half the contract to move and many believe we shouldn't get a return either while taking on a capdump as well

Gotta love a massive negative value driving market we somehow have. Makes zero sense honestly 

Just watch them play one dude skates well and the other skates slow 

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Look at the last 2 seasons.  

Meier 65 goals 62 assists 127 points in 134 games. 

Boeser 33 goals 50 assists 83 points in 120 games. 

NHL is a “what have you done for me lately” league.  Meier has clearly been the more valuable player 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

I’m starting to think that maybe the Canucks should just shut down the Boeser trade talks, tell him he’s staying put for the rest of the season, and punt these trade discussions to next season (or at least to this off-season, if there are any teams interested in making moves over the summer).

Seems like the market is set and any Boeser trade before the TDL would require significant salary retention by the Canucks, with no guarantee of even getting good value assets coming back.

If the due diligence has been done, by both Canucks management and Boeser’s agent, and no trading partner can be found for a move that makes sense for the team, it’s probably better to just let everyone off the hook and stop the speculation and uncertainty, so Boeser and his teammates (some who are very close friends) can focus on hockey, without a dark cloud hanging over the room.

Also, I think Boeser currently has something like 10 points in 11 games under Tocchet. And despite the emotional toll of the current situation, he’s actually been playing better most nights (to my eyes, anyway). Brock seems to be moving his feet more, playing with better pace, coming back more consistently, playing fairly responsible D, being stronger on the puck, and winning battles with a bit more more regularity.

If he continues to score around a point per game under Tocchet, and also works hard at some of the “little things” that don’t show up on the scoresheet, it’s possible that by this time next season, he’s actually viewed as a tradable asset, without any retention.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

One has some serious injury concerns. On stats, comparable, on future injury concerns not comparable. 

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’m starting to think that maybe the Canucks should just shut down the Boeser trade talks, tell him he’s staying put for the rest of the season, and punt these trade discussions to next season (or at least to this off-season, if there are any teams interested in making moves over the summer).

Seems like the market is set and any Boeser trade before the TDL would require significant salary retention by the Canucks, with no guarantee of even getting good value assets coming back.

If the due diligence has been done, by both Canucks management and Boeser’s agent, and no trading partner can be found for a move that makes sense for the team, it’s probably better to just let everyone off the hook and stop the speculation and uncertainty, so Boeser and his teammates (some who are very close friends) can focus on hockey, without a dark cloud hanging over the room.

Also, I think Boeser currently has something like 10 points in 11 games under Tocchet. And despite the emotional toll of the current situation, he’s actually been playing better most nights (to my eyes, anyway). Brock seems to be moving his feet more, playing with better pace, coming back more consistently, playing fairly responsible D, being stronger on the puck, and winning battles with a bit more more regularity.

If he continues to score around a point per game under Tocchet, and also works hard at some of the “little things” that don’t show up on the scoresheet, it’s possible that by this time next season, he’s actually viewed as a tradable asset, without any retention.

I think they really want to move him. Seems like this management group wants to purge the guys who were here before Petey came in. 

2 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Just watch them play one dude skates well and the other skates slow 

He's not fast but it's funny hes only produced 23 less points in 78 less games than this alleged superstar winger because he can skate 5km/h faster and because of that we have to pay assets and retain lots to move him hey....lmao.

Let's not act like he's the first person ever with skating concerns who can make up for it production wise to be moved. This is 100% the case of our negative marker driving value waay down.

I'm OK with him being a neutral value player because of that 6.65 x 2 remaining after this year.. But I don't agree we should be retaining money and not getting assets back in return at all 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Look at the last 2 seasons.  

Meier 65 goals 62 assists 127 points in 134 games. 

Boeser 33 goals 50 assists 83 points in 120 games. 

NHL is a “what have you done for me lately” league.  Meier has clearly been the more valuable player 

Agree meier is much more valuable, Main reason though is because you have alot of options being a pending RFA.

Hopefully people understand the complaint isn't why doesn't boeser have massive positive value like him... it's why are we being told we need to retain 50% and take a useless Dickinson like contract back just to move Brock. He's not that bad. Compare him to most teams top 6s... buddy produces a fair rate lol

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Maybe they want him to look more like Dick Tock - both on and off the ice... :bigblush:

Ah yes, the old Lou Lamoriello. Except this time it's not about the beard. Every hair on the body must be removed to improve aerodynamics. Clearly that's the only way to improve Boesers foot speed. 

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • elephant 1

Any proposed retention on Brock is a deal killer imo. We aren't contending so we don't desperately need to move his cap and, as mentioned, he has been producing lately. He only has 2 years left so his contract isn't an anchor. Trading for the sake of trading is when mistakes are made. The fact remains that he is still a 20-25 goal scorer in the previous 3 years.. his value is probably equivalent to around a 20g scorer. Hopefully he continues to play well and he can be included in a draft day deal or we take him into next season.... On Bedard's wing :)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1