The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

35 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Start packing, just in case. Myers with this team till the trade deadline is not only the most likely move, it's also the best move right now. Why pay to dump a guy when you can likely get value for him at the deadline?

Opportunity cost. That's why. Though of course the benefit you gain by clearing him, needs to be more than the cost to move him, granted.

38 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Start packing, just in case. Myers with this team till the trade deadline is not only the most likely move, it's also the best move right now. Why pay to dump a guy when you can likely get value for him at the deadline?

Also no shortage of guys who play their best hockey in a contract year.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Not that's he's bad per se, on a team that needs his skill set.... but he's pretty much a younger, less talented, Myers. Contract and all (with 8 years remaining).

I can see why we passed.

I know what your saying, he has moments. My boy is a big Philly fan so I have watched him a lot on NHL Network. I like him, not perfect, perhaps a touch overpaid. He is better than Myers and Severson and Dumba for sure. Kind of a younger TJ Brodie. 

14 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

mmmhm. Personally I think it would be a terrible move to pay to remove Myers from the roster right now.

Unless it affords us an opportunity to acquire someone/something greater through the season with the available cap space. That is what we should be planning for. I don’t care about buyout cost if it renders out an opportunity to improve for the future. If I was PA, and in a perfect world, I’d refrain from spending to cap and factor a reserve, on top of buyout costs, into the budget for “shopping”.  I realize people equate spending to cap as indicative of a desire to be competitive, but from my perspective it’s not just about who you choose to spend the money on, but equally as important, when.

if Myers’ cap savings provided an opportunity to afford two more Cole/Soucy type deals but in the two way mold, I’d hazard a guess that we’d be in a far better position for success.

Edited by RWJC
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I think he would be an excellent add. A top four with Sanheim, Hughes, Hronek, _________. This is good. 

I’d rather us find another Sanheim who’s still in RFA status. At least that would make sense in terms of internal salary structure and age demo/growth

21 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I’d rather us find another Sanheim who’s still in RFA status. At least that would make sense in terms of internal salary structure and age demo/growth

Agreed. I’m wary of taking another teams long contract, unless it’s a player our pro scouts have been targeting foe awhile. 

3 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Myers has the highest cap hit of all the Ds that will be UFA at the end of the season per CapFriendly.  If he's seen more as a depth add vs a top-4 option by those teams it could be challenging to move him as there are much cheaper options available.  Many of the contenders are right at the cap and don't have all that much room to add especially if they also want to improve elsewhere in their lineup.  

7 minutes ago, mll said:

Myers has the highest cap hit of all the Ds that will be UFA at the end of the season per CapFriendly.  If he's seen more as a depth add vs a top-4 option by those teams it could be challenging to move him as there are much cheaper options available.  Many of the contenders are right at the cap and don't have all that much room to add especially if they also want to improve elsewhere in their lineup.  

I think he can be a #4 on a good team, with an appropriate partner. Especially if you have him at #5 and ready to step up with injuries, as most contenders likely would as a TDL add. Have to see who has injuries/LTIR cap to play with. Retention, and 3rd party retention are also likely options.

Saying that, I'm not expecting a top prospect and a 1st as the return.

Edited by aGENT

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

That would be. But a tough task. But would be the way to go.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, grandmaster said:

I don’t think so.

Myers will sabotage any chance of us making the playoffs.

He needs to go. 

Rather have Wollanin or Hirose in his spot.

Had enough of this guy. One down with OEL. One more to go…

Could contain: Page, Text

IMG_3010.mov

It's likely to be a transition year anyway, if the team management has constructed can't make the playoffs it'll be because the team as a whole wasn't good enough.

Myers is a cog in the machine, one guy. We can afford to wait it out.

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Brace yourselves.

Hot Take inc

https://starsandsticks.com/2023/07/11/making-case-capitals-trade-brock-boeser/

He also comes at a good price. Cap Friendly has his AAV at $6.65 million. That’s sandwiched right in between Evgeny Kuznetsov and Anthony Mantha’s AAV.

I just read this earlier and thought, "Man, if they still trade Brock after he begged to stay..."

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Brace yourselves.

Hot Take inc

https://starsandsticks.com/2023/07/11/making-case-capitals-trade-brock-boeser/

He also comes at a good price. Cap Friendly has his AAV at $6.65 million. That’s sandwiched right in between Evgeny Kuznetsov and Anthony Mantha’s AAV.

It isn’t anyone legit and when they say the Canucks are in “sell mode” that is probably all you need to know.

A Mantha for Boeser trade is silly.  Kuznetsov has way too many off ice issues to put into a young locker room.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2