The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Meh. 

Honestly rather futures (+expiring cap/warm body) than a middling, ill fitting D that doesn't fill a need. 

it would depend what the pick was for me.  Local kid who is still an upgrade on the right side for Van and his contract expires after this season.  They can chose to re-sign him or let hom go for the cap space to give to kuz or Bo......which is the ultimate goal in a BB6 trade.  If the pick is a second or higher, they'd be dumb not to take an expiring contract, imo

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Meh. 

Honestly rather futures (+expiring cap/warm body) than a middling, ill fitting D that doesn't fill a need. 

Fabbro is an expiring warm body isn’t he? Don’t know that Nashville would give enough along side him to make it worthwhile though…

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Does Nashville have the extra cap space?

currently, they will have almost $4.5m in cap space at the deadline and fabbro makes $2.4.  They might have to make a secondary move, but they want to get rid of fabbro and could sure use some extra scoring fwds

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

Fabbro is an expiring warm body isn’t he? Don’t know that Nashville would give enough along side him to make it worthwhile though…

if they got a second and cap space in the off season, that's more than enough for me.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It either Garland or Boeser for Lucic.  Let’s see which of those two is a healthy scratch tonight.  Exciting times in the land of the “shroom” :frantic:

It wouldn’t be just for Lucic though. 
That would be ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

it would depend what the pick was for me.  Local kid who is still an upgrade on the right side for Van and his contract expires after this season.  They can chose to re-sign him or let hom go for the cap space to give to kuz or Bo......which is the ultimate goal in a BB6 trade.  If the pick is a second or higher, they'd be dumb not to take an expiring contract, imo

Who's he playing with? Not Hughes. Not OEL. Not a fit with either. Is he an upgrade on Myers...? Questionable. He's certainly younger.

Assuming NSH feels he has some actual value as a club controlled RHD, they're not likely inclined to be adding high'ish picks either. I'd rather take a lesser cap dump and a better pick personally over a guy we don't need that's potentially only going to walk. 

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

Expiring RFA. I'd imagine that as a young, RFA , RHD...NSH likely feels he has actual value and wouldn't be adding much in the way of a pick etc. He's also ~1/3 of Boeser's cap...so not really the warm body/cap I'm talking about here. 

Something like the Lucic + proposals or Beauvillier + makes more sense IMO. I'd happily take an expiring guy like Zub (+Zaitsev would almost be a wash cap wise) for Boeser...but they have little need for a RW behind Giroux/Batherson and are injured at D.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, RWJC said:

It wouldn’t be just for Lucic though. 
That would be ridiculous. 

If we are truly trying to clear cap to extend Bo and Kuz Missile then trading either Gar or BB6 for Lucic (an expiring contract) is a very smart move.  

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Who's he playing with? Not Hughes. Not OEL. Not a fit with either. Is he an upgrade on Myers...? Questionable. He's certainly younger.

Assuming NSH feels he has some actual value as a club controlled RHD, they're not likely inclined to be adding high'ish picks either. I'd rather take a lesser cap dump and a better pick personally over a guy we don't need that's potentially only going to walk. 

Expiring RFA. I'd imagine that as a young, RFA , RHD...NSH likely feels he has actual value and wouldn't be adding much in the way of a pick etc. He's also ~1/3 of Boeser's cap...so not really the warm body/cap I'm talking about here. 

Something like the Lucic + proposals or Beauvillier + makes more sense IMO. I'd happily take an expiring guy like Zub (+Zaitsev would almost be a wash cap wise) for Boeser...but they have little need for a RW behind Giroux/Batherson and are injured at D.

they can test him out over the season and can make an informed decision on where he its in, if he does at all.  If not, they can let him walk and use the cap space.........isn't that the ideal scenario for a Boeser deal?  To free up cap?  Essentially you'd get a pick and (probably) Kuz for Boeser.  I'd take that deal

Edited by stawns

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we are truly trying to clear cap to extend Bo and Kuz Missile then trading either Gar or BB6 for Lucic (an expiring contract) is a very smart move.  

But Garland has more value than just being a cap dump. Garland at TDL can fetch a 3rd round pick. We HAVE to bulld assets while we dismantle.  Cap space can be weaponized, yeah for sure, but there is no point in deconstructing this club unless we are doing so to build wealth of options as well and at the same time. We neeeeeed more picks. And even B level prospects, more of that too. Depth. 

we still have a lot of time to clear cap to re-sign Bo and Kuz. Let’s not waste assets to do so. So much waste by this franchise. Really hope we see better mgmt emerge soon. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, RWJC said:

But Garland has more value than just being a cap dump. Garland at TDL can fetch a 3rd round pick. We HAVE to bulld assets while we dismantle.  Cap space can be weaponized, yeah for sure, but there is no point in deconstructing this club unless we are doing so to build wealth of options as well and at the same time. We neeeeeed more picks. And even B level prospects, more of that too. Depth. 

we still have a lot of time to clear cap to re-sign Bo and Kuz. Let’s not waste assets to do so. So much waste by this franchise. Really hope we see better mgmt emerge soon. 

Love for us to do what you’re suggesting.  But Maybe Gar (like BB6, sadly) has no actual value though?  He’s on a 5x5 contract.  He’s little and not producing.  He’s not a play driver.  He’s not a PP guy nor a PK guy.  If we can get anything in a trade for either of these two that clears their cap after this season then I say that’s a win.  I just think we’ve been trying and there are no takers.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Love for us to do what you’re suggesting.  But Maybe Gar (like BB6, sadly) has no actual value though?  He’s on a 5x5 contract.  He’s little and not producing.  He’s not a play driver.  He’s not a PP guy nor a PK guy.  If we can get anything in a trade for either of these two that clears their cap after this season then I say that’s a win.  I just think we’ve been trying and there are no takers.  

Timing is everything. 
His contract isn’t preventing anything at the moment. Can’t even try to extend Kuz until Jan.

And the Garland you’re describing isn’t the same player I see. I view the player universally, not just respective of him in a Nux jersey. He actually is a version of what you describe, just a second unit guy on both PP/PK. He’s a 2nd/3rd line tweener who has a solid 2 way game and great puck control. Overall though,  he’s simply a better fit elsewhere and has value to another club where he could potentially fit into a top 6 role. 
i think there are teams that would bite on him but it’s about timing. At least at the TDL everyone is involved and activity heightened. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

they can test him out over the season and can make an informed decision on where he its in, if he does at all.  If not, they can let him walk and use the cap space.........isn't that the ideal scenario for a Boeser deal?  To free up cap?  Essentially you'd get a pick and (probably) Kuz for Boeser.  I'd take that deal

We can do better than just clearing his cap IMO. We can clear cap and add an asset, I'd rather do that.

• Cheers 3