The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

I’m still hopeful that Luke circles back to us in the off season but the past few weeks have been a tough situation for him and his wife. The closer we get to TDL the harder it will be for them. For their family’s sake that something gets done today/this weekend. 

34 minutes ago, Screw said:

Zboril has proven to be nothing more than a depth defender.  Pass.

Yeh, Zorbil is a no for me too! Small, often injured, Left hand shot, that can not break into full time duties, which is why they might be interested in Schenn

Rielly + a top 10 protected 2024 1st for Schenn 50% retained works for me.

• There it is 1

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The market will determine that.

Well, the market has already determined some of your suggestion

Zaitsev ($4,500,000)       for        Ottawa's 2nd currently 43rd OA +  2026 4th 

That is similar to

Reilly ($3,000,000)          for         Boston's 2023 3rd ( approx 96th OA) and Zorbal ? Really?

And we have not added Schenn into that equation........................

Like I said in another Thread...............if that is the offer...........we keep him and build good will with the Agent, player, and future UFA's

Edited by J.I.A.H.N
  • Like 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

11 hours ago, HKSR said:

Y'know, looking at the trade bait board, it actually wouldn't surprise me to see a significant return for Schenn.  He's basically the top RHD available (in terms of value).

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/chicago-blackhawks-forward-patrick-kane-rockets-up-tsn-trade-bait-board-for-nhl-trade-deadline-1.1923237

yeah, so why are we considering trading him? less than an 8th of Myers and OEL. I say sign double, kill that other shit through trades, buyouts or AHL penalties.

14 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

I’m still hopeful that Luke circles back to us in the off season but the past few weeks have been a tough situation for him and his wife. The closer we get to TDL the harder it will be for them. For their family’s sake that something gets done today/this weekend. 

I hope van gives him a 3 year extension at 1.6 per year and this is all done with

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Schenn's  value alone is worth a mid to late 2nd, with retention and taking on cap...........it is worth more.........bottom line

YOU SUCK. Schenn is worth as much as our first good defensive draft, Quinn., you wanna give him away, when we can actually afford him? doller per doller Schenn is worth as much as Hughes.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

YOU SUCK. Schenn is worth as much as our first good defensive draft, Quinn., you wanna give him away, when we can actually afford him? doller per doller Schenn is worth as much as Hughes.

Like I mean when you look at OEL or Myers $$ I would consider Schenn at least earned his money and deserves a raise to keep him.And WTF hw likes it in VAN

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, DeNiro said:

The market will determine that.

Which based off the Brett Kulak trade last season he was dealt for a 2nd, 7th, and Zboril type prospect of age in William Lagesson.

That alone gives me confidence a 2nd rd pick is going to be involved in a Schenn deal. May be wrong and thats cool but have to think his value is above a 3rd.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

I think its only Ian McIntire that is trying to get rid of Schenn. We all love him

Its comical really, fans scream when UFAs leave for nothing yet a building thought among the fanbase is " let's keep Schenn " we wouldn't want to burn any bridges if he truly wants to come back.

Honestly he needs to be traded to obtain an asset for him. I say 50% chance he signs in Vancouver in the offseason. But will fans then not love him as much if he command 2 or 3 years at 1.5m? 2m? per with trade protection?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Which based off the Brett Kulak trade last season he was dealt for a 2nd, 7th, and Zboril type prospect of age in William Lagesson.

That alone gives me confidence a 2nd rd pick is going to be involved in a Schenn deal. May be wrong and thats cool but have to think his value is above a 3rd.

wow, glad you are only an armchair gm. Hope the canucks team is smarter and just extends him, as they can actually afford to pay him more than his last 3 rental seasons.

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Its comical really, fans scream when UFAs leave for nothing yet a building thought among the fanbase is " let's keep Schenn " we wouldn't want to burn any bridges if he truly wants to come back.

Honestly he needs to be traded to obtain an asset for him. I say 50% chance he signs in Vancouver in the offseason. But will fans then not love him as much if he command 2 or 3 years at 1.5m? 2m? per with trade protection?

If we could sign Millar to 8 million a year before his contract expired why cant we do a deal with Schenn? I mean, in hindsight we would have all let go of Millar given our cap space.When you inspect our D group, how is 1.5 or 1.6 per year a deal breaker for Schenn? never out of place, always attacking the puck, good board skills, could actually help Myers and OEL become great again. WORTH IT.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

If we could sign Millar to 8 million a year before his contract expired why cant we do a deal with Schenn? I mean, in hindsight we would have all let go of Millar given our cap space.When you inspect our D group, how is 1.5 or 1.6 per year a deal breaker for Schenn? never out of place, always attacking the puck, good board skills, could actually help Myers and OEL become great again. WORTH IT.

I agree he's worth it. I think there is a decent chance he signs in Vancouver in the off season regardless. If the team can add a pick or prospect for him they should.

Him being traded or finishing out the season i  Vancouver won't play into whether he signs here in the off season anyways.

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I agree he's worth it. I think there is a decent chance he signs in Vancouver in the off season regardless. If the team can add a pick or prospect for him they should.

Him being traded or finishing out the season i  Vancouver won't play into whether he signs here in the off season anyways.

I dont think anyone else sees the same value in Schenn as we do. I would hope Van wouldnt give his rights for a 2nd or 3rd pick... they can afford to keep him. Maybe off-season, a trade for demko, schenn, our two first rounders for whoever has Bedard would work.

• Haha 3