Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] Brock Boeser to Detroit Red Wings

To Detroit:

Brock Boeser

Sheldon Dries

To Vancouver:

Michael Rasmussen

Pius Suter (cap dump)

Brock goes to Detroit to get his career back on track and be closer to home.  Vancouver gets a 6'6" 230-pound 3C who is a local boy and comes back home.  Suter is just a cap dump to make the trade work and Dries gives Detroit another roster player.

This is in unison with my Horvat to Boston trade.  So, we would have Rasmussen and Frederic as our new 3rd line along with Podkolzin.  I envision a big and mean 3rd line that can hit, play nasty and change the momentum of a game.  The 3rd line we have now is a joke, all skill and no beef.

This trade will also open up $5 million in cap space for next year to re-sign Kuzmenko who will hopefully be Petey's long term winger...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To Detroit:

Brock Boeser

Sheldon Dries

To Vancouver:

Michael Rasmussen

Pius Suter (cap dump)

Brock goes to Detroit to get his career back on track and be closer to home.  Vancouver gets a 6'6" 230-pound 3C who is a local boy and comes back home.  Suter is just a cap dump to make the trade work and Dries gives Detroit another roster player.

This is in unison with my Horvat to Boston trade.  So, we would have Rasmussen and Frederic as our new 3rd line along with Podkolzin.  I envision a big and mean 3rd line that can hit, play nasty and change the momentum of a game.  The 3rd line we have now is a joke, all skill and no beef.

This trade will also open up $5 million in cap space for next year to re-sign Kuzmenko who will hopefully be Petey's long term winger...

Like Fredric more of 4th line player GP 141 --- PTS. 34 -- PIM 155 --Adds lots of toughness not 3rd line player at this time of his career.

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To Detroit:

Brock Boeser

Sheldon Dries

To Vancouver:

Michael Rasmussen

Pius Suter (cap dump)

#1, You're trading a top 6 for a 3C and still taking a cap dump  from a team who has enough space to do it without sending a  dump back?

#2, Why are we trying to give away someone who is .76 points per game, even after he's been slowed to start by a hand injury and is just starting to find his game again?

#3, See #1 and #2 again we're trying to make the team better, not worse. I think Detroit would sign that deal before  Allvin realized how out of balance it is.

If Detroit wants him, wouldn't mind  Rasmussen back, but they keep the cap dump and send back their 2022 first rounder as well.

Remember, we need to fix our defense, not our forwards. I don't see this trade doing anything to address our actual needs. If we're going to move Boeser (and I have said for more than a year that he's the logical odd man out for our top 6), then it needs to be for a solid RD.

• Cheers 1

If we take a cap dump in the trade I'd at least want Gustav Lindstrom, who's a Swedish stay-at-home RHD who could at least help.  Rasmussen's not even that good or as physical as his size would have viewers believe.  I think Suter could have buy-low potential though, he scored around 35-40 point pace the past two seasons.  Boeser for Lindstrom, Suter and a 3rd is something I'd do (we should keep Dries in Abbotsford). 

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

#1, You're trading a top 6 for a 3C and still taking a cap dump  from a team who has enough space to do it without sending a  dump back?

#2, Why are we trying to give away someone who is .76 points per game, even after he's been slowed to start by a hand injury and is just starting to find his game again?

#3, See #1 and #2 again we're trying to make the team better, not worse. I think Detroit would sign that deal before  Allvin realized how out of balance it is.

If Detroit wants him, wouldn't mind  Rasmussen back, but they keep the cap dump and send back their 2022 first rounder as well.

Remember, we need to fix our defense, not our forwards. I don't see this trade doing anything to address our actual needs. If we're going to move Boeser (and I have said for more than a year that he's the logical odd man out for our top 6), then it needs to be for a solid RD.

The cap dump is only for this year to balance the salaries out.  You aren't getting much more for Boeser than the trade I proposed.  A 1st rounder plus a 3C for Boeser?  If we could do that trade it would have already been done and Boeser's agent wouldn't be involved...

• There it is 1

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The cap dump is only for this year to balance the salaries out.  You aren't getting much more for Boeser than the trade I proposed.  A 1st rounder plus a 3C for Boeser?  If we could do that trade it would have already been done and Boeser's agent wouldn't be involved...

Yup.  Right now if we could move Boeser as a full dumperoo management would be happy.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There are exactly 4 teams in the league who could take a 6 million contract, no matter who it is, without making significant cap moves to be compliant.

Getting a return isn't the problem, it's figuring out all the moving parts necessary to move ANYONE making north of 2.5 million right now.

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

There are exactly 4 teams in the league who could take a 6 million contract, no matter who it is, without making significant cap moves to be compliant.

Getting a return isn't the problem, it's figuring out all the moving parts necessary to move ANYONE making north of 2.5 million right now.

We aren't getting a 1st round pick for Boeser.  If you think we are you will be quite disappointed...